PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tournament 432 - (SourceCode)

DeathStar
February 5th, 2007, 01:02
Original link - http://unreal.epicgames.com/files/ut432pubsrc.zip
which no longer exists.

http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Unreal_Tournament_Source_Code;50393
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/308/Unreal+Tournament+public+source+v432

This is a link for the original Unreal Tournament source code.

SSaxdude
February 5th, 2007, 01:11
Somebody port it to PSP!

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 03:54
http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Unreal_Tournament_Source_Code;50393

This is a link for the original Unreal Tournament source code.

Good luck with that man.

Really don't hold your breath. This scene has lost many of those who have driven it. I cannot begin to imagine that, among the handful of easier ports that have begun and never been finished, that this would be any different...

the_eternal_dark
February 5th, 2007, 05:09
So, this is the source for the original Unreal Tournament? For real?

*edit* holy turds it is!

Cap'n 1time
February 5th, 2007, 06:03
I doubt this is the games source.... Id prefer an official link to this one if you could find it.

UT would be great on the PSP, but i didnt, and still dont think its open source.

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 06:46
The file is hosted at FileFront, which leads some credability to it. If it was up on rapidshare I'd certainly think it was suspect.

I looked around Epic's sites and didn't see any news of it. So who knows...

Only way to know for sure is check the code out or compile it and take the art and maps from the game disk and see if it works.

DeathStar
February 5th, 2007, 18:49
It used to be in the old epic ftp befor they released 2003 so finding an official link nowadays is going to be a chore and a half.

DeathStar
February 5th, 2007, 18:52
They also released the original Unreal but I cant find a link for that ATM.

the_eternal_dark
February 5th, 2007, 20:00
They also released the original Unreal but I cant find a link for that ATM.

Unreal source - http://www.vgpro.com/file/5986_unrealpubsrc224v.zip.html

Bytrix
February 7th, 2007, 11:33
I am working on an engine for a game I'm developing at the moment and I plan on adding Unreal Tourney game modes into it. It would be great to see a proper port of UT though, a big advantage is that UT used OpenGL, although it is about on par with Quake 2 and we know how that port has gone so far.

HardHat
March 13th, 2007, 15:06
Very cool. It's not clear what the redist licence on this is. Also I'm not so sure that all of the code is in that zip. I tried superficially to compile it for Windows, and got some errors from missing files.

Kichigai Mentat
March 18th, 2007, 04:44
I'm going to scoff at this. I believe that the Unreal engine source was GPL'd at some point. I know that Quake 3's engine was GPL'd, I think. However, the engine is quite complex. UT ran alright on my old Pentium III at 500 MHz and an nVidia TNT2 (32 MB), but it wasn't stellar. And there's a difference between 333 MHz MIPS and 500 MHz x86.

Besides, the source code for the engine may be GPL'd, but that doesn't mean that the game content is.

Cap'n 1time
March 18th, 2007, 08:37
I'm going to scoff at this. I believe that the Unreal engine source was GPL'd at some point. I know that Quake 3's engine was GPL'd, I think. However, the engine is quite complex. UT ran alright on my old Pentium III at 500 MHz and an nVidia TNT2 (32 MB), but it wasn't stellar. And there's a difference between 333 MHz MIPS and 500 MHz x86.

Besides, the source code for the engine may be GPL'd, but that doesn't mean that the game content is.

I had UT run on my ancient ~300 mhz machine with voodoo 3 at a very reasonable speed. Anyway, its been ported to a DC and a PS2 (commercially). IF it were to be done, I'm sure things could be done to make it run at a reasonable speed.

As for the Engine being GPLed but the content not.. Well Quake and Quake 2's engines are GPLed and the content isnt... that doesnt really stop us does it? (most of the people that really want this own an original copy of UT :))

wiredforpower
April 2nd, 2007, 03:48
this would be amazing. UT is one of my favorite FPSs

wolfpack
April 2nd, 2007, 04:12
id rather have the original unreal ported, now there was the best classic

Pender666
May 16th, 2007, 00:05
If some one give a look in the CD Unreal Tournament for PS2 the filesystem is almost the same for the PC version ( it can serve like a base- everything configured to use the Controller), and someone can give a look in Star Wars Lethal Alliance for PSP ( it uses a modified version of the Unreal Engine).
I hope it can help someone to make a port of UT to PSP.

n8archer_XI
May 22nd, 2007, 04:04
If this actually is ported, I'll die. Right here...

parkermauney
May 23rd, 2007, 00:14
Guys, don't flame me, but what the hell is so awesome about fps? There are so many great coders who waste their time making new fps out of the 400 there already are. That goes for psp as well as most well known Linux games.

HardHat
May 30th, 2007, 05:08
Multiplayer games are very immersive. Not everyone has the patience for RTS games. So FPS fill that need of action + multiplayer experience, without the complexity of a MMO.

But you're right we should all make racing games. The only good PSP homebrew are racing games ;-)

Kichigai Mentat
May 30th, 2007, 06:10
If some one give a look in the CD Unreal Tournament for PS2 the filesystem is almost the same for the PC version ( it can serve like a base- everything configured to use the Controller), and someone can give a look in Star Wars Lethal Alliance for PSP ( it uses a modified version of the Unreal Engine).
I hope it can help someone to make a port of UT to PSP.

Well, that's mighty difficult. I'm not trying to be a downer, but all we really have to work with are binaries. To do the kind of porting you want to do (cross-console), excluding the Deadly Alliance part, is practically impossible to do without access to the source code.

To pull over the engine from Deadly Alliance presents some problems. First, you can't change the game just by dropping new content in the existing engine. You do have to do some modification in source to get everything to work right. Second, it might not actually be the original Unreal engine, but something heavily modified from Unreal source. Or it could be a completely different engine that emulates the look and feel of Unreal (so as to accomplish a unified look/feel across the title's versions)

Pender666
June 2nd, 2007, 20:36
Or it could be a completely different engine that emulates the look and feel of Unreal (so as to accomplish a unified look/feel across the title's versions)

When you boot Lethal Alliance, it shows the logo from Unreal Engine.

the_eternal_dark
June 5th, 2007, 08:19
When you boot Lethal Alliance, it shows the logo from Unreal Engine.

Lethal Alliance is a commercial game, so it won't work as there is no source for it.