PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] VSH Analog

Insomniac197
February 5th, 2007, 06:01
VSH Analog 0.1

This plugin allows use of the analog stick for movement in the VSH.
It is for OE firmwares.

To install:

Place in the SEPLUGINS folder on your memory stick
Add the path to vsh.txt
Enable the plugin through the recovery menu

Known bugs:

If you view any photos, the analog will stop working in the VSH.
I plan to fix this.

MaTiAz - For the idea while we were chatting on IRC
TyRaNiD - The code for hooking functions is from psplink

Might make this into a full key remapper for the VSH if I get bored enough again.

DCGohan
February 5th, 2007, 06:22
Nice, I always wanted someone to do this. Now to wait for the fixed version, cuz I view photos quite a bit. Thanks for this. :)

jak66
February 5th, 2007, 07:56
Nice, and photo bug isn't a problem for me because i use PeP Veiwer for pictures

IJHTL
February 5th, 2007, 15:38
I've found that none of my homebrew stuff will load with this enabled. PSX games work fine, but the homebrew stuff (I tried it with RIN and Squarez) would freeze after the gameboot. When I disabled the plugin, both worked fine.

jak66
February 5th, 2007, 16:31
RIN ran fine for me (original RIN, not Homers RIN, ran kxploited from GAME150)

IndianCheese
February 5th, 2007, 17:38
Does this work within the PS1 games? If not, could you make it?

PSP 101
February 5th, 2007, 18:28
Nice PRX. I always thought surfing through the xmb would be easier with the analog and it is.

DCGohan
February 5th, 2007, 20:27
I just found another bug in it. When you slide it to "Hold" you can still use the analog nub for moving around.

jak66
February 5th, 2007, 20:37
that cause hold doesnt hold the analogue, this happened to me in gpsp, accidentally put it in hold and was wondering why i could move but do nothing else

blackrave
February 5th, 2007, 21:07
Hold holds your analog stick in normal games, at least?

I love all plugins and this is very welcome to the collection.
Thanks for the work and sharing Insomniac197

DCGohan
February 5th, 2007, 21:11
Oh, I see. Oh well, either way, it's still a good plugin. Thanks again.

*edit*
also another thing, when you have it enabled and goto the web browser, it goes all whacked out, moving in random directions. lol

masonman
February 6th, 2007, 01:48
you should make a d-pad analog swap prx for games

acn010
February 6th, 2007, 02:28
already new it since like 3 hours ago

Insomniac197
February 6th, 2007, 03:36
Yeah there are a few issues with using VSH items that actually use the analog themselves - I'll look into fixing it.

As for it working with POPS - I'll see if I can :)

I can make it so that when hold button is down that it will also 'hold' the analog too (in fact I already have done so, will be in next version).

Don't expect this to get anywhere near having advanced features - I only made it because I had a free hour.

If anyone has problems running homebrew with this enabled, could you please tell me the following:

The homebrew you tried to run
The OE version
What folder you tried to run the homebrew from (GAME/GAME150/GAME3XX)
What you have the kernel set to in the recovery menu (1.50/3.XX)

Thanks.

joshisposer
February 6th, 2007, 03:54
I think you should try a d-pad and analog switch. That would be cool and should not take too long i think. Thanks, i have been wanting this since within the first week i got my psp.

IJHTL
February 6th, 2007, 10:18
Yeah there are a few issues with using VSH items that actually use the analog themselves - I'll look into fixing it.

As for it working with POPS - I'll see if I can :)

I can make it so that when hold button is down that it will also 'hold' the analog too (in fact I already have done so, will be in next version).

Don't expect this to get anywhere near having advanced features - I only made it because I had a free hour.

If anyone has problems running homebrew with this enabled, could you please tell me the following:

The homebrew you tried to run
The OE version
What folder you tried to run the homebrew from (GAME/GAME150/GAME3XX)
What you have the kernel set to in the recovery menu (1.50/3.XX)

Thanks.

Now I've upgraded to 3.10 OE, it works fine.
For the record, I tried RIN (Not kxploited) and Squarez (kxploited), from the game 150 folder, using the 1.50 kernel running 3.03 OE-C

Insomniac197
February 7th, 2007, 07:10
Yes, the homebrew issue seems to only occur on firmwares that are not 3.10 OE.