PDA

View Full Version : First screens of Castlevania PSP

wraggster
February 5th, 2007, 15:57
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156757)

Konami has released the first screenshots and details on the PSP Castlevania instalment, which is an update of the classic PC Engine title, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

The Dracula X Chronicles, as it's called, sports new 3D side-scrolling visuals with character designs by renowned series artist Ayumi Kojima, as well as introducing a new sound collection feature that will let players unlock music to listen to, and assign as they wish.

It's currently pencilled in for release in Q4 2007 - look out for our first hands-on impressions very soon.

Screens Via Comments

jurkevicz
February 5th, 2007, 16:06
Nice, I'm getting it!

bubba421
February 5th, 2007, 16:07
sweet

Yungblaqs
February 5th, 2007, 16:24
Yeeeeeeeaaaaah Dis Game Looks Serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

g00gy
February 5th, 2007, 17:08
that looks really nice. perfect for psp

geise69
February 5th, 2007, 17:30
I hope they have the option to play the PC-Engine Dracula X in it's original form.

Veskgar
February 5th, 2007, 17:30
I thought this Castlevania game was going to have both Rondo of Blood AND Symphony of the Night? I saw no mention of SOTN in the above article.

Either way, this looks very good and a perfect addition to the PSP game library. Just a shame that it won't be released in North America for almost a year.

sedkiller
February 5th, 2007, 17:31
This is old news... i mean I saw tose pictures like 1 week or two ago... even the videos. Anyway this game kicks ass. I cant wait to get my hands on it ! Castlevania Fan !!

wolfpack
February 5th, 2007, 21:29
just another game to add to my collection... castlevania kicks rocks :P

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 21:35
Those game screenshots look awsome! I bet this will be a great game to play when it is released.

Yobumtin
February 5th, 2007, 22:34
Haha I'll be looking forward to this game. It will be one of the best releases for the psp. :]

Apoklepz
February 5th, 2007, 22:40
I hope the original is unlockable in this...not that this looks bad, but if you're gonna mess with one of the old-school greats of all time, do it right and not just pretty 3Dish and cool looking for the new generation of kids who probably don't even know what SotN is.

Bladestorm
February 5th, 2007, 23:45
Those screenshots look pretty hires for a psp title?

wiredforpower
February 5th, 2007, 23:48
awesome, definitely gonna have to pick this up.

Thekinglotr
February 6th, 2007, 01:04
This does come with SOTN too right? Thats the main reason I would be interested, Dracula X doesn't have the "new" rpg style gameplay.

wolfpack
February 6th, 2007, 02:15
it better have SotN on it or ill be kicking some ass... but then again, i also have my copy on my psp so what am i complaining about? GO DRACULA X

AuroEdge
February 6th, 2007, 03:22
it better have SotN on it or ill be kicking some ass... but then again, i also have my copy on my psp so what am i complaining about? GO DRACULA X

Yeah if they're leaving SOTN untouched like they say they are then you may as well just play the original on Popstation.

Game_Collector
February 6th, 2007, 12:19
It has already been confirmed that both the original PCE Dracula X and Symphony of the Night (or Nocturne in the Moonlight as I like to call it) will be on the disc. They will be fixing the graphics up on the 32bit DracX to fit the PSP's widescreen. I hope they do a better job than the awful PSP version of Tales of Phantasia Namco released which looks like they took the PS1 version and DUMPED it on the PSP via popstation and the screen is being streched like any 4:3 playstation game, grrrrr!:mad:
But anyway, I also hope that Konami add the Saturn only extras to the PSP version of NitM/SotN.

Baboon
February 6th, 2007, 14:28
This is going to be a top release!

Its great to see Castlevania in all its 2D perfection making its way to the PSP (although I’ve already been canning SOTN via popstation lol).

Should be good. :)

Courage_dog
February 7th, 2007, 00:12
YES THIS IS THE BEST IDEA IVE SEEN FOR PSP IN A LONG TIME. All i need to do now is just rip Castlevaina sotn then i'll be set

Thekinglotr
February 7th, 2007, 02:04
Yeah I have sotn for ps1, but i am not really up to date on how to get it going, I have a 1.5 PSP what do I need to do? would sotn even fit on my 512 ms?

Hanketsu
March 13th, 2007, 23:43
Does anyone know of a good PC Engine emulator for 1.5 or 3.0x OE fw psp's? I'm trying to get Rondo of Blood running on my psp. Also, it comes in 3 separate files. Anyone have any idea how to make this all work? Thanks for your help guys.

Oh, by the way, uncompressed, SOTN is roughly 730 megs :( file compression might make it fit on that 512 stick but i don't know how to do it.

burrito
March 14th, 2007, 00:56
What is the release date for Japan?

burrito
March 14th, 2007, 00:58
SOTN with no music is less than 100 mb. With music, about 700mb.

Hanketsu
March 14th, 2007, 02:56
yeah but damn, the music was some of the best in the series and playing without it would feel kinda weird. but at least it plays i guess :P and check out ign, sometimes they have the release dates for other countries.

and i ask again, is there a way i can combine these files and emulate them on my psp?