PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children limited edition out this week

wraggster
February 6th, 2007, 00:38
via siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/02/04/final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-limited-edition-out-this-week-and-its-got-much-more-swag/)

Usually early adopters get all the good pre order bonuses, but not in the case of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. The movie was finally released in the USA last year and now Sony Pictures is re-releasing it in a “limited edition” box set on February 6 for the price of $49.99. The box set comes with the two disc DVD release that has the feature film, a copy of the English movie script, a biographical character booklet, ten postcards and a new feature with interviews with the English voice actors. What really makes the limited edition worth buying is Last Order –Final Fantasy VII-, a twenty-five minute anime clip with Zack and Cloud. The OVA clears up the events after Cloud’s visit to his hometown Nibelheim and acts as a tie in to Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. After seeing the limited edition box set the “special” two disc edition that was released in North America doesn’t seem too special any more…

not here anymore
February 6th, 2007, 00:46
milking to death.
you guys better wait the Bluray version due out in a few months with all these goods + extra scenes.
Later,

TSR

acn010
February 6th, 2007, 00:49
ill wait for the blue ray edition :P if it comes out

teh_ultimate1138
February 6th, 2007, 01:56
will Last Order be in english audio, or still just subbed in english? the original was in Japanese i think...

Veskgar
February 6th, 2007, 03:10
Yeah, I don't know about you guys but I'm sick of DVD re-releases. Every 4 months the same movies come out in collectors editions, deluxe editions, unrated director's cuts, ultimate editions, 300 DISC SUPER EXTENDED CUTs, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I cannot stand buying the same movies over and over and over.

So I too am holding out for a Blu-Ray release. Blu-Ray is kicking HD-DVD's a$$ more and more every week that passes and sales and popularity prove it. I have always hoped Blu-Ray would come out on top of the HD Wars.

But anyway, I am afraid that the stage is set for a repeat of what irritates me about DVD releases. A lot of Blu-Ray releases seem rushed and don't have all of the extra features their DVD versions have. Some classic movies like ROCKY received very poor HD treatment on Blu-Ray which is a tragedy.

So we will no doubt see Blu-Ray movies re-released on loaded Blu-Ray packages in the future when Blu-Ray becomes more popular and more and more homes have HDTV's. Where does it end? Where does the line get crossed where the consumer is simply getting ripped off.

sroon
February 6th, 2007, 04:00
lol theres a good way for Sony to make money:P
( O ) ( O )

Zin0099
February 6th, 2007, 07:14
I'll get it when I get a job so I can finally Last order I also want crisis core

Avenyet
February 6th, 2007, 07:29
emmm strange that the US get stuff again what about us poor people in the UK... were still wating for ff12!!!

anyway i think i might get the blu-ra version if i get a PS3 or i'll just get the extended in DVD like most people

Hobobo
February 6th, 2007, 08:50
Yay.... =|

DarthPaul
February 6th, 2007, 19:10
Woot!! I want it I want it!! I haven't watch FFVII:AC on English Language yet lol.

muffinman
February 6th, 2007, 19:59
darthpaul i prefer the japanese voice actors in AC but its nice to watch in english.

anyways if it is a non subbed version that would be rather cool :p

Veskgar
February 7th, 2007, 03:00
Yeah the Japanese voices makes it a more natural experience but the English voices were not so bad in this one.