PDA

View Full Version : The world's first games magazine for women kicks off on April 4

wraggster
February 6th, 2007, 17:27
Heres the press release:

It’s here at last on April 4 - the world’s first games magazine for women for € 1.90 at a six-figure print volume. At a media volume of € 2.8 million, the marketing campaign for the first issue of play vanilla is set to produce around 10 million new contacts.
Already introduced in the December issue of Joy fashion magazine as an insert, play vanilla will be appearing at around 130 pages in pocket format every two months from April 4. The play vanilla editorial office will be covering topics such as PC, video, and mobile games specifically aimed at younger women. This means inspiring articles, cool design, high benefit, and fun factor.

Computec Media AG will be supporting the play vanilla sales launch with printed ads at a media volume of over € 1 million in magazines such as Prinz, Petra, Joy, Cosmopolitan, Shape, and TV direct, along with TV and big-screen commercial spots at just shy of € 280,000 on Vox, MTV, Super RTL, and in UCI cinemas as well as advertising banners on high-outreach websites at just under € 1.5 million.

"The time has come for a women’s magazine,” says Petra Fröhlich, play vanilla and PC Games editor-in-chief. "The overwhelming reactions from thirty countries on the play vanilla launch plus the extremely positive results from initial reader surveys have confirmed it. Almost all participants want to see play vanilla appear on a regular basis. The fresh, feminine magazine concept is directly addressed to keen women gamers, who are out of the range for ordinary games magazines.”

According to Computec Media AG CEO Johannes Sevket Gözalan, "the unbelievable international reactions to the first issue of play vanilla along with excellent feedback from agencies and games publishers are unmistakable proof that Computec has again lived up to its pioneering and market leader position in electronic entertainment. This market-hitting innovation will not only extend our readership, but also serve one of the most important target groups in burgeoning entertainment segment in all social strata. We will be starting play vanilla as an independent print and online title supported by a seven-figure media volume and a six-figure print volume. The play vanilla magazine will build on our exceptional success story we enjoy with SFT, PC Games, and buffed.de.”

Games mags for women, whatever next :P

g00gy
February 6th, 2007, 17:30
But the computer media market is dominated by males. However i suppose that the gaming repressed females might give this a huge boost.

zelion
February 6th, 2007, 17:48
Watch there be half naked guys in the mag. x.x;

Veskgar
February 6th, 2007, 17:53
Hey whatever attracts more female gamers I'll back 100% -

Makaveli777
February 6th, 2007, 20:14
Hey whatever attracts more female gamers I'll back 100% -

Yes we need more girls that understand when you play videogames and don't get mad and say its a waste of time.

Broadus
February 7th, 2007, 22:42
Let's not get sexist already, Makaveli!
Anywho
This confuses me. Are other gaming magazines meant only for boys? I don't like gaming magazines, but still, I've never seen one that was like "FOR MEN ONLY".
I know plenty of girls that play video games. They usually play games like Mario. And this one girl liked Grand Theft Auto.