PDA

View Full Version : More Tales of PS3 Reseller Woe

wraggster
February 6th, 2007, 18:34
Stories of PlayStation 3 eBay speculators getting shafted never seem to grow old for me. Take the recent article The Globe and Mail, which tells the sad story of a construction worker with a heart of gold, who shelled out $2459 Canadian for two consoles, all in the name of love.

The hard part done, Mr. O'Brien thought he could sit back. He would flip the PlayStation 3s just before Christmas when demand was at its peak and use the profit to buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend...

But two months later, the sleek PlayStation 3 units are collecting dust in Mr. O'Brien's closet in Bowmanville, Ont., while his girlfriend is still without a ring

So instead of spending $2500 on an engagement ring, he gambled the money away trying to score big. It's like Jack trading the cow for magic beans, except these beans never took root. We need to save all of these stories and make them into a poster to hang up outside retails stores when the next big system launch rolls around.

via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/more-tales-of-ps3-reseller-woe-234236.php)

F9zDark
February 6th, 2007, 18:43
He should have sold them the instant he got them. Or better yet, not buy them at all...

If I had that kind of money and wanted to get an engagement ring for my gf.... Last thing I'd buy would be a game system...

Tree
February 6th, 2007, 19:54
If I had that kind of money and wanted to get an engagement ring for my gf.... Last thing I'd buy would be a game system...

init ... y would u perfer a game console to a bird :S