PDA

View Full Version : What game would you like?

-Xandu-
February 6th, 2007, 18:40
Alright, I'm open for requests now.

What game would you like to play on your PSP? An addicting,fun game?

Please do not spam.

Shiesty
February 6th, 2007, 18:53
simpsons arcade fo' shiggidy

F9zDark
February 6th, 2007, 18:54
I have had an idea for a game that I wanted to work on for a while, but I just don't have the time. However, here is my idea:

Survivor:

- Over the top camera

- 4 humans need to defend a level against hoardes of zombies, until the rescue can be made.

- Zombies will have 3 entrances into the level

- Humans will have an array of weapons available, however, 2 team members need to 'scout' for supplies by standing in the 'scout box' where they will be unable to attack or move until the scouting is finished

- Scouts can bring back weapons, ammo and barricades to aid in their team's survival.

- If a human is killed by a zombie, they will respawn as a zombie.

xcjzerox
February 6th, 2007, 19:21
Mario Kart 64
Mystical Ninja
Goemon Great adventure

Accordion
February 6th, 2007, 19:38
what do you mean?

is this like a request for you to make it...

if so...

REZ !!!

-Xandu-
February 6th, 2007, 19:39
Mario Kart 64
Mystical Ninja
Goemon Great adventure

I was referring to homebrew -.-'.

Yes, Accordion.

gunntims0103
February 6th, 2007, 19:41
Something that you and i can work on :)

keefurxxcore
February 6th, 2007, 20:01
a port of metal slug or something very similiar like that its the most fun game and UNLIMITED lives with it because i can't feed quaters to my umd drive........

Apoklepz
February 6th, 2007, 20:09
A game like Beyond Good and Evil is what I've always been wanting on PSP....but would be way too ambitious for a homebrew title...Not that the combined efforts of Gun and you couldn't do it.(let's face it, you guys would finish something like this in maybe 10 or 20 years tops~just being real)...but maybe the combined effort of all the coders/artists in the scene.

But for right now....Can we have something like Diner Dash?

Accordion
February 6th, 2007, 20:15
REZ

wireframe graphics..

show me a proof of concept with movements to a simple 4/4 beat and i would be very, very impressed ... leave all the music and sound effects till last.

please do it.
do it now!

keefurxxcore
February 6th, 2007, 20:29
dude it takes long and hard to code games, thats why everyone does lua!

xcjzerox
February 6th, 2007, 20:35
what is lua

Apoklepz
February 6th, 2007, 20:37
Exactly, so why doesn't everyone that knows code get toghether and make an excellent homebrew game for PSP?

It hasn't happened, yet.

splodger15
February 6th, 2007, 20:40
what is lua

:eek: :eek:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lua is a programming language.

keefurxxcore
February 6th, 2007, 20:42
a very bad one. no offense splodger, but eboots dude, the wave of the futureeeeeeeeeeeee!

Apoklepz
February 6th, 2007, 20:44
Lua is NOT bad....it just hasn't gotten better in a long ass time.

splodger15
February 6th, 2007, 20:44
Yeh but you can still launch a Lua program from the XMB menu in Eboot format

Apoklepz
February 6th, 2007, 20:48
Yeah....everybody does that nowadays. But it's actually more like editing the system.lua script in the player.

keefurxxcore
February 6th, 2007, 20:54
yeah... i don't have a clue except for page 5 of the EBOOT based lua turtional (who'd know, a eboot for lua learner? wtf?)

gunntims0103
February 6th, 2007, 20:56
a very bad one. no offense splodger, but eboots dude, the wave of the futureeeeeeeeeeeee!

Please, Do not say comments that you have no idea of what your talking about.....

LUA can now be compiled and ran off just a eboot via the xmb. No need for a lua player.

Also LUA is not "easy", Do you understand the language entirely......

Programs that are great written in lua that can be played on the psp:

Druglord
Linkenz quest
Sora adventure (still in progress)
PSP Turismo
Mcdonalds serve and go

Please don't knock a coding language if you dont even understand it..........

F9zDark
February 6th, 2007, 21:03
The game I proposed could be made in either Lua or C. I think Lua would be somewhat easier than C and is where I was gonna start with it.

But as I said, I don't have much time.

keefurxxcore
February 6th, 2007, 21:04
who said i don't understand it! i know how to add notes! oh yeah go me!

splodger15
February 6th, 2007, 21:04
Please, Do not say comments that you have no idea of what your talking about.....

LUA can now be compiled and ran off just a eboot via the xmb. No need for a lua player.

Also LUA is not "easy", Do you understand the language entirely......

Programs that are great written in lua that can be played on the psp:

Druglord
Linkenz quest
Sora adventure (still in progress)
PSP Turismo
Mcdonalds serve and go

Please don't knock a coding language if you dont even understand it..........

Thanks gunntims0103

keefurxxcore
February 6th, 2007, 21:08
anyway, theres not really a lot of reallly great homebrew games... think about it. i mean theres good ones and great ones but not any that i rememeber and want to play at this moment (emus don't count, or ports)

Yobumtin
February 6th, 2007, 21:09
Well anyways I'd love to see a remake of ZAMN. Like whole new levels and enemies and weapons. So basically a homebrew sequel. :P

What I'd dream of:
A level builder for that game. You can do it with the rom but it would be sweet if you could import stuff like wads for doom except in zamn form. Thats too much to ask for but I would looove it.

keefurxxcore
February 6th, 2007, 21:15
whats zamn?

vision
February 6th, 2007, 22:06
The halo side scroller =)

-Xandu-
February 6th, 2007, 22:26
anyway, theres not really a lot of reallly great homebrew games... think about it. i mean theres good ones and great ones but not any that i rememeber and want to play at this moment (emus don't count, or ports)

Plus, my Mario games are all coded in lua.

Also plus Xandu's Media Player ;).

Check my signature for the links.

Torak
February 6th, 2007, 23:37
A viva Pinata clone would be cool rented it for my cousin its kinda addicting...

daemon-z
February 7th, 2007, 06:43
...I'd really love a decent DOS emulator.

F9zDark
February 7th, 2007, 09:00
I firmly believe an original title is in order; no ports, no remakes, no clones. The PSP homebrew scene has alot of games and ideas that stem from known titles and while this isn't bad, its just that we have little originality.

Plus multiplayer would be cool.

Here's a list of ideas that would make some decent games (some may not be new to the PSP, could be made better), especially if they were multiplayer (ad hoc or infrastructure or both) M designates multiplayer idea

-Survivor (my idea on first page) M

-Slots

-Pool (8 Ball and 9 Ball) M

-Blackjack M

-Druglord Empires (this was an idea I had for a Druglord inspired game, however it would employ micromanagement and ownership of safe havens and places to sell drugs. Rival gangs would fight for your territory and earning more territory = more money and reputation)

-Archery (I forgot the name of the flash game that is like this, but 2 people need to shoot each other with arrows. they cannot see each until their arrow reaches one another, and can hit their enemy by discovering the right angle to shoot) M

- RTS (Real Time Strategy, as the name implies. Can be a port of some kind, but an original idea would be cool. The original ideas that can make a good RTS game are plentiful; since only a feasible and plausible conflict can make it entertaining.) M

- RPG (we have many of these that have been started and have yet to be finished, so I am reluctant to entertain such an idea, but might as well)

- Galactic Imperium (would be an RTS style game, that takes place in space, where the players need to colonize planets for resources which contribute to the sustainment of their fleet. some worlds would offer tech bonuses through ancient artifacts and relics. Combat would take place when two or more players converge on one point.) M

Bytrix
February 7th, 2007, 10:50
I like the sound of the Imperium Galactica clone :p I just started playing the original again (had to reinstall windows 98 too).

There's already a pretty good pool game for PSP in The Hustle : Detroit Streets (by the same people who make World Championship Snooker). Although I wouldn't mind seeing a pool game more like 3D Ultra Cool Pool on the PSP, that is my favourite pool game ever.

-Xandu-
February 7th, 2007, 12:02
You misunderstand people!

I am not Sony nor I'm going to make UMDs!
I only do homebrew for now :p.

So please choose something simpler than a real game! A new idea not an exact clone of a game.

Plus this is not a wish thread...

Method Man
February 7th, 2007, 12:27
Quake3 pleazzze
or a Quake2 which is working

Yobumtin
February 7th, 2007, 13:19
Zamn is short for Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Z's the last letter of the alphabet and A's the first letter. M and N are the two middle letters. Just a neat little fact.

JKKDARK
February 7th, 2007, 16:01
Puyo Puyo Fever, I can't stop playing this game :)

keefurxxcore
February 8th, 2007, 02:26
i still say metal slug port or remake :D. i think there is already a psp dos box emu. google it i saw one ontime daemon-z

lions3231
February 8th, 2007, 02:40
yeah i agree with ^^^^^^^ (above)

a metal slug thing would be cool maybe with like interchangeable players and enemies sprites.
then u can have like a
mario/halo/metal slug/everything game!!:thumbup:

i think that that wud be cool. :eek: :thumbup:

keefurxxcore
February 8th, 2007, 02:44
omg lions3231, that is the freakin best idea ever! and have cheats for it... hehehe

gr42178
February 8th, 2007, 15:08
- RPG (we have many of these that have been started and have yet to be finished, so I am reluctant to entertain such an idea, but might as well)

Agreed, a complete home made RPG would be really cool. I would also like to see a poker game (texas holdem):thumbup:

Bytrix
February 8th, 2007, 15:40
Agreed, a complete home made RPG would be really cool. I would also like to see a poker game (texas holdem):thumbup:

You know there are already like 6-7 proper poker games for the PSP?

gr42178
February 8th, 2007, 15:48
You know there are already like 6-7 proper poker games for the PSP?

Not texas holdem, thats just draw poker. Unless I missed one. Which one has texas holdem in it?

F9zDark
February 10th, 2007, 01:28
You misunderstand people!

I am not Sony nor I'm going to make UMDs!
I only do homebrew for now :p.

So please choose something simpler than a real game! A new idea not an exact clone of a game.

Plus this is not a wish thread...

All the games I proposed are relatively easy. They all can be done in Lua (from what you say, your forte) and some games I mentioned are inspired from other homebrew titles; for instance Survivor I envisioned could make use of the CSPSP engine, if the developer of it is willing to share. Druglord Empires, as I mentioned, was inspired by Druglord and could use that as the base as well.

RedALua and Starcraft (Lua) could be the basis for both the RTS game I proposed and Galatic Imperium (an RTS, but with planets).

I wasn't wishing, just shelling out ideas that I have had, but don't have time to work on.

Tetris999
February 10th, 2007, 02:13
i would LOVE a kirby game

Method Man
February 10th, 2007, 11:59
QUAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*lol* i ma psycho-quake-fanatic

keefurxxcore
February 11th, 2007, 04:08
method man, quake works fine for the psp. i have quake v2 and it works great. do you want me to send you my copy so you can play it? it works on 3.03 oe-c and all oes

ExcruciationX
February 11th, 2007, 04:20
I was thinking someone could modify Iris, and make it a first person shooter, with forts of some kind. I think everyone like some sort of team play in first person shooters.

Shadowblind
February 11th, 2007, 05:00
A helping hand with Kingdom Hearts Soras Adventure

cha0ticbliss
February 11th, 2007, 06:14
iris would be nice. I've heard it was good, but never bothered with it since people kept telling me to wait until it was finished.

Method Man
February 11th, 2007, 10:51
method man, quake works fine for the psp. i have quake v2 and it works great. do you want me to send you my copy so you can play it? it works on 3.03 oe-c and all oes

yeah, but just Quake1 is working fine, Quake2 is only a port for the demo and Quake3 is possible (-> dungens)

scottyboynow
February 11th, 2007, 11:28
Can you stop going on about bloody Quake, your starting to annoy me!!! I would say a 2D GTA or Metal Slug type of game would be nice and I almost forgot, for you gay people who posted Lua was a crap proggramming language, how about you try and code a game, not as easy as it sounds, unless you grasp things quite easily (like me), believe it or not 1/4 or more of the homebrew you play is most probably in Lua

Accordion
February 11th, 2007, 12:32
Can you stop going on about bloody Quake, your starting to annoy me!!! I would say a 2D GTA or Metal Slug type of game would be nice and I almost forgot, for you gay people who posted Lua was a crap proggramming language, how about you try and code a game, not as easy as it sounds, unless you grasp things quite easily (like me), believe it or not 1/4 or more of the homebrew you play is most probably in Lua

your not really a role model though...i know your past releases..arghh!

pt9087
February 11th, 2007, 13:55
I would like to see someyhing like Squarez cos that was a awsome game

dejkirkby
February 11th, 2007, 14:02
How about Breakout or Collapse?

-Xandu-
February 11th, 2007, 14:08
I really like your ideas guys, I will think of something once I get more free time :D.

Shadowblind
February 11th, 2007, 14:53
Oh heres an idea-- a Klonoa homebrew game. I can probably get sprites and music.