PDA

View Full Version : Ouya Getting a Top-Notch NES Emulator?

wraggster
December 27th, 2012, 01:21
If we can rewind back to the beginning of August, you might remember hearing the news about an independent gaming venture known as the Ouya. Essentially the concept here is really pretty simple: this is an entirely open console that allows users to create and develop their own programs as they please. Unlike the mainstream machines, you won't need any special kind of development unit to create because every system sold in stores will be endowed with that kind of capability. In a nut shell then, what this console offers is the ability to experience the video game development scene without having to take the hacking risk that you all have experienced or considered with your Nintendos Xboxes and PlayStations.

When it comes to any home-spun scene emulators are always going to be a popular choice. After all, they can be relatively easy to develop when compared to a full-fledged title, and they offer an absolute ton of replay value. That being said, I wasn't too surprised when I heard about the possible upcoming NES emulator for the unit called EMUya. What's more interesting though is that supposedly a triple A dev responsible for games like Uncharted and Rage will be heading the project. Once completed, EMUya will use all four cores of the processor to provide for one of the best TV emulation solutions around. I don't know about you, but if the Ouya only costs $100 it already seems like a pretty good value.

Source (http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?746-EMUya-NES-Emulator-Coming-to-the-OUYA)