PDA

View Full Version : If you want it: the PSP cooling fan

wraggster
February 6th, 2007, 20:13
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/05/if-you-want-it-the-psp-cooling-fan/)

The fine folks of Acid Mods have done it again: they've created yet another impressive modification for the PSP. But this one will make you spin your head a bit. It's a cooling fan. Yes, a cooling fan.

While it's true that the system may get a little bit warm when connected via wi-fi, the portable doesn't seem to suffer from overheating issues like its console cousins. However, if you need to play your PSP on a hot summer day, you may want to check this out. Regardless of its practicality, it's certainly an ingenious piece of work.

Check out the Mod at AcidMods (http://www.acidmods.com/tutorials/PSPfan.ASP)

Mc_Logical
February 6th, 2007, 20:30
do u really think anybody will attempt this? or is it just there way of showing off what they can do with a cooling fan attatched to a psp? lol seems fidldly to do this what if u mess it up? heres a easier way to cool the psp:

1. fill up a ice cube pack with water (plastic casing all around obviously)
2. place it into the freezer
3. wait a few hours the water to freeze
4. once its frozen take out freezer
5. put ice pack in a plastic bag
6. place psp on top of it and wait 2mins
7 complete now u have a cool psp

alot easier than a cooling fan attatchment lol jk jk

GPeter7
February 6th, 2007, 20:38
:) This mod is not so good, I made like this for my psp a year ago, and now I have to open my PSP and cleaned, because it have dust everywhere and on LCD too, because when cooling fan it works it also blow a small debris of dust in to PSP :rofl:

pt9087
February 6th, 2007, 21:51
LoL This reminds me of a title called " Another lame ass mod".

eazy-e
February 6th, 2007, 22:11
not a goood mod

joshisposer
February 6th, 2007, 22:40
why don't u get a can of that air stuff. Turn it upside down and shot it on the psp every half hour or so into the umd drive.

acn010
February 6th, 2007, 22:54
i made my psp vibrate

S34MU5
February 6th, 2007, 22:57
okay acn010.... you have fun now :p

and what happens when a umd is in there?

Axelius
February 6th, 2007, 23:00
Hmm, looks dangerous. Looks as if it could just cut off your fingers when you hold it...

xcjzerox
February 6th, 2007, 23:01
It breaks

Veskgar
February 7th, 2007, 02:49
Don't see the point. The coolest MOD I've seen for the PSP though is the blue LED trigger button MOD. But anything that uses more battery life than necessary isn't worth me actually trying to attempt.

acn010
February 7th, 2007, 03:03
okay acn010.... you have fun now :p

and what happens when a umd is in there?

i haven't made a fully functional vibrator, im still searching on what point sould be installed in the mother board, right now it only vibrates when charging....
blegh, its not cool, but meh, im trying to improve it
. . . . eww i just realized what u mean on having fun :P

OkornographyO
February 7th, 2007, 12:31
Im the inventor of this mod, and just you to know I did this mod just because I think its necessary.
I made the tutorial and stuff just so that if anyone wants to try do this there is a tutorial that shows how, so it doesnt mean you all should try to do this.
If you think you dont need this thats fine.
But I play onlinegames a lot, use the internet browser and listen internet radio so this is very usefull to me. And no it doesnt cut your fingers off, it actually cools them a bit ;)

Ennohex
February 7th, 2007, 19:13
Needs a fan with those "cool" looking L.E.D.s
Pimp my PSP.

Shrygue
February 7th, 2007, 19:23
That fan mod looks good.

Hooligan8200
February 7th, 2007, 22:50
why don't u get a can of that air stuff. Turn it upside down and shot it on the psp every half hour or so into the umd drive.
Yeah but its not fun missing the drive and getting a shot of like dry ice up your arm.
I don't really think this mod is needed but i guess theres always someone out there who does need it.

moiseg29
February 7th, 2007, 23:15
cauld some one tell me what software I need to put games on my psp

Veskgar
February 8th, 2007, 00:37
Im the inventor of this mod, and just you to know I did this mod just because I think its necessary.
I made the tutorial and stuff just so that if anyone wants to try do this there is a tutorial that shows how, so it doesnt mean you all should try to do this.
If you think you dont need this thats fine.
But I play onlinegames a lot, use the internet browser and listen internet radio so this is very usefull to me. And no it doesnt cut your fingers off, it actually cools them a bit ;)

The PSP does get hot when running that WiFi for long times.

OkornographyO
February 8th, 2007, 20:40
The PSP does get hot when running that WiFi for long times.

Yeah. I played Socom fireteam bravo 2 today like 5 hours. And it didnt get hot at all. It was as cold as the other side of psp ^^