PDA

View Full Version : CWCheat v0.16 Rev H for 3.10 OE & POPS

wraggster
February 6th, 2007, 20:34
Weltall has released a new version of his Cheat Device for the Custom Firmware/Playstation Popstation Emulator:

This is an update to support the 310OE pops emulator:
0.1.6 REV. H for 3.10OE/ALL
-added support for memory cards in the 3.10 pops emulator [POPS]
-fixed the MS_ROOT folder it had old plugins in the last release[ALL]

so now the mc support will work on the new pops emulator. plus i fixed a little bug which wasn't closing memory card files if the memory cards couldn't be found.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mavsman4457
February 6th, 2007, 21:24
I have never actualy used CWCheat but I think I might have to for my PS1 eboots. Is it easy to use? A good straightforward readme?

pt9087
February 6th, 2007, 21:44
Nice i love CWcheat it ace.

zx-81
February 6th, 2007, 21:47
Excellent ! It's so useful for multi-disk psx games :) !

gunntims0103
February 6th, 2007, 22:11
Great work, im updating my plugin now....

It's great for cheating online, Socom hear i come. LOL!

:thumbup:

Staedtler
February 6th, 2007, 23:34
I simply can't get CWcheat to start up. I noticed some people in the rev G thread with the same problem as me. Here's what's on my PSP:

3.03OE-B
CWCheat 0.1.6 rev H
Metal Gear Solid Disc 2 (SLUS-00776)

When I boot up my PSP with the R shoulder button held down, I can verify the following settings:

Advanced -> Advanced configuration -> Plain modules in UMD/ISO (currently: Enabled)
Plugins -> cwcheat.prx [GAME] (Enabled)
Plugins -> cwcheatpops.prx [POPS] (Enabled)

MGSdisc2 loads up fine, but holding down the Select button (for no matter how long) does nothing. I've tried holding Select during the PlayStation startup splash screen, during the "Konami" logo, at the game's start screen, in the "Load Game" screen, and after loading the game (and getting the "Insert Disc 1" message). I've even hit the Home button (to enter the POPS menu), and tried holding Select there.

I'm going to upgrade my PSP's firmware to 3.10 OE-A now (I hate flashing more than necessary. :-/). In the meantime, if anyone can see what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

Joe88
February 6th, 2007, 23:50
FTW

best cheat device ever :)

Staedtler
February 7th, 2007, 00:01
I upgraded my PSP to firmware 3.10OE-A' (making sure to re-enable the PRX plugins after both upgrades), and the Select button still won't bring up CWCheat from inside POPS.

Just found this in FAQS.TXT:

it seems that if you have a slow memory stick the plugin support can't load your prxs and cwcheat is more affected because it's a 100KB prx (so quite heavy). ATM lexar and datel memory stick/devices seems to be affected by this definitely and can't be used to load any prx. in any case a workaround to this can be flashing cwcheat to flash in the kn folder and modify the pspbtcnf_pops.txt file to load /kd/cwcheat.prx after $/kd/mediasync.prx (no kd here and kn above are right please don't change them or it won't work)

I'm going to try deciphering what the heck that all means (did I mention I hate flashing?), and see if it helps, since I am indeed using a Lexar 1 GB MS Pro Duo.

------------------------------------

(An hour later...)

So here's what I've done:

Started up the PSP while holding R (to enter the recovery menu)
Go to Advanced -> Toggle USB (flash0)
From my computer, copied cwcheat.prx and cwcheatpops.prx to the kn folder
Opened kn\pspbtcnf_pops.txt in Notepad, added the line "/kd/cwcheat.prx " right after "$/kd/mediasync.prx ", then saved the file.
Exited the recovery menu into the normal XMB.

Still no success. I'm wondering if I should also add "/kd/cwcheatpops.prx " to the flash0:\kn\pspbtcnf_pops.txt file. Also, it seems odd that these lines are referring to files that don't exist (they're in kn, not kd, just like the FAQ says).

gunntims0103
February 7th, 2007, 00:30
^^do not double post!

Im happily going to update my CWcheat now:)

Veskgar
February 7th, 2007, 01:19
Excellent ! It's so useful for multi-disk psx games :) !

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WHAT? This allows multi-disk PSX games to work? Like all of them? I've never used any version of CWCheat, what other benefits would it bring to 3.10 OE-A' and POPS?

Sorry if that is a noob question, I've just never used this before.

SketchPCIS
February 7th, 2007, 03:49
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WHAT? This allows multi-disk PSX games to work? Like all of them? I've never used any version of CWCheat, what other benefits would it bring to 3.10 OE-A' and POPS?

Sorry if that is a noob question, I've just never used this before.

I think he means that with this, we can export the memory card, play it on the computer through ePSXe until we can save on the next disc, then import it back in.

Staedtler
February 7th, 2007, 21:57
I finally got CWCheat to work. What I had to do was, instead of adding "/kd/cwcheat.prx " to flash0:\kn\pspbtcnf_pops.txt, I used "/kd/cwcheatpops.prx ". Now I can hold Select within a PSX game and get the CWCheat menu. I imagine I could still add "/kd/cwcheat.prx " to the pspbtcnf_pops.txt file as well, but I haven't tried it.

And for anyone who wants to play Disc 2 of Metal Gear Solid, here's the method I used:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43215

You don't need to export your memory card file at all -- CWCheat fools the game into thinking your save file is from Disc 2. Cheat B worked for me. Remember you have to exit the Snowfield to the south and come back before exiting to the north.

RoAdK1LL
February 13th, 2007, 14:44
Could someone help me out??

I'm having problems with my cwcheat.
I was originally on 3.03 OE-B and I tried both cwheat 016 Rev B & G and neither of them would work.
I (think) I installed the everything in the correct place. Added the sepluins to the MS root then started the PSP holding the R button, enabled both the prx's and then went to play FFVII.
I can get the menu up fine, its when I go to select cheats - All the text dissapears and scrambles and I can't make anything out??

I have since then upgraded to 3.10 OE-A2 and downloaded the latest cwcheat 016 Rev H, but i'm getting the same text problem??

Can someone please help:confused: :confused:

I only want a couple of cheats for FFVII

:( :( :(

jakeck90
July 30th, 2017, 16:38
Thanks