PDA

View Full Version : 3.10 OE-A' (bugfix) - Custom Firmware and Playstation Emulator by Dark Alex

splodger15
February 6th, 2007, 21:07
new release from Dark_Alex (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/3-10-open-edition-rev-a-supports-latest-firmware-51865.html)

This update requires 3.10 OE to be installed (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/3-10-open-edition-rev-a-supports-latest-firmware-51865.html)(program will check it this time, to avoid semi-bricks
in previous versions).

Copy the 310_a2update directory to /PSP/GAME150 in your memstick, and run it.

Changes:

- Corrected a bug that caused Metal Slug 6 (from Metal Slug Anthology), and other umd/iso games
containing a static elf to show error 0x80020148.

Check out the Popstation Playstation Compatibility List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47123)

Download and give feedback via comment
via Dark_Alex

REMEMBER THERE IS A CHANCE OF BRICKAGE USE WITH CAUTION

BelmontSlayer
February 6th, 2007, 21:21
DaX has done it again! He's my hero.

*Gives DaX a medal*

Squidman
February 6th, 2007, 21:24
cool, atleast we won't have any whiners for the future saying their UMD/ISO games arn't working

pt9087
February 6th, 2007, 21:41
Nice i will try this now.

jonezybaby
February 6th, 2007, 21:44
ive not really had problems with the 1st update, only problems were me replacin the topmenu pluggin and semi brickin but i sorted that. but none the less a cool update!

splodger15
February 6th, 2007, 21:45
Thats because 3.10 OE A doesnt support custom top menu plugins

PSP 101
February 6th, 2007, 21:55
AH! What a shame, I just went back to 3.03 OE-C. I was not happy that I could not customize my PSP XMB in 3.10 OE-A. Anyways Great work Dark Alex!

M-Lin
February 6th, 2007, 21:55
yay - going straight back up! my psp is good looking enuff without custom icons :D

gunntims0103
February 6th, 2007, 22:02
Just updated it run great.........

Great release DAX!!!!

darthclone
February 6th, 2007, 22:06
on the first oe 3.10 my psp internet browser didnt work has this been adressed in this update

shorty_carnage
February 6th, 2007, 22:08
my psp back up isos wont play anymore please help!!!!!

has anyone else got this problem

false alrm problem all sorted now D_A rulez

blackrave
February 6th, 2007, 22:08
Wow, update! Too bad I don't have my PSP here right now. I'll upgrade first thing tomorrow (even though the bug fix is not really concerning me, I hate being outdated when it comes to all stuff).

Good work by Dark_AleX.

ryanMWolfe
February 6th, 2007, 22:25
The internet browser worked fine

YOu should probly Disable Skip SCE logo in Recovery mode and then let it run that will fix most bsod's

Veskgar
February 6th, 2007, 22:40
Upgraded 2 PSP's so far with this and it works great. Its nice to see Dark_AleX spending even more time working out the bugs.

I really don't see the big deal in custom XMB Icons and whatnot but hey, thats just my opinion. I must also commend SONY (I know that's weird) on improving the PSX POPS Emu.

3.10 OE-A' is incredible!

labowl
February 6th, 2007, 22:46
Still loads of my psx games wont start, keep getting message game is corrupted.

mottel13
February 6th, 2007, 22:47
sorry to bother you all but i think my psp is that version t- 8something i dont remember well it has some numbers on the umd thingy inside and well is it true that it canot be updated with homebrew. but well i updated my psp with the sonys 3.10 is that what you guys are talking about or could you explain it to me please? and well if by any reason my psp bricks can i fix it or is it done?
:confused:

M-Lin
February 6th, 2007, 22:47
1 psp plays MS 6 with this update, the other does not - will test my PSX games now....

Squidman
February 6th, 2007, 22:50
sorry to bother you all but i think my psp is that version t- 8something i dont remember well it has some numbers on the umd thingy inside and well is it true that it canot be updated with homebrew. but well i updated my psp with the sonys 3.10 is that what you guys are talking about or could you explain it to me please? and well if by any reason my psp bricks can i fix it or is it done?

ummmm, heres the thing....we're using a CUSTOM FIRMWARE hacked by Dark_Alex, and coded by Sony.....you sir, have the Official update...wich sux to no freakn' end...so you are rendered homebrew-less until a downgrader is released

Veskgar
February 6th, 2007, 23:00

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I want nothing more than to see more and more people discover and enjoy PSP homebrew but upgrading to the SONY 3.10 firmware was pretty much committing PSP suicide.

It was a big enough breakthrough to have a 3.03 downgrader, and it will not be fair to expect or demand a 3.10 downgrader so soon after.

Its only natural to want the latest & greatest, but sadly what SONY puts out as updates is primarily aimed at defeating or severely limiting homebrew usage on their PSP.

So I'll say again, in case any other newbies come across the post. NEVER upgrade to SONY firmware updates. Especially anything beyond 3.03.

Emeriastone
February 6th, 2007, 23:01
Hooray!

bahgee
February 6th, 2007, 23:11
Still loads of my psx games wont start, keep getting message game is corrupted.

Same problem here. I used Ice-Tea to re-convert and they work. Would prefer not to have to do this. Maybe a fix is on the way. By any chance did you originally conver the games with Simple Popstation GUI?

bahgee
February 6th, 2007, 23:11
Upgraded my original 1.5 PSP to 3.03 and then 3.10. Two problems - when I went from 3.03 to 3.10, none of my PSX games created using Simple Popstation GUI work. If I redo them using Ice-Tea, they work. Anyway to fix them without re-converting? Also trying to apply 3.10 Bugfix, but no matter which folder - Game 1.5 or Game folder, I get a corrupted data message and can't run the update. Any suggestions?

no_pulse
February 6th, 2007, 23:23
Upgraded my original 1.5 PSP to 3.03 and then 3.10. Two problems - when I went from 3.03 to 3.10, none of my PSX games created using Simple Popstation GUI work. If I redo them using Ice-Tea, they work. Anyway to fix them without re-converting? Also trying to apply 3.10 Bugfix, but no matter which folder - Game 1.5 or Game folder, I get a corrupted data message and can't run the update. Any suggestions?

Have you got 3.10 OE-A installed or sony's 3.10, because if it's sony's you won't be able to run psx games or any homebrew until a downgrader is released.

EDIT: Sorry, I think I've misread what your message. Try reinstalling the firmware by going back to 1.5 using recovery then using the 3.10 OE-A installer again.

LilSwish722
February 6th, 2007, 23:27
nice. it takes less than 5 seconds to update. its awesome. thanks DAX

@ Bahgee. Put the update in the GAME150 folder. not the GAME 1.5

watupgroupie
February 6th, 2007, 23:43
Everyone who keeps getting the error about there psx games not working you need to update them it's something to do with this update to the emu. The only game i found that didn't work is a game that i compiled from the original (the first ever pops) didn't work so use the function of extracting the iso from the eboot in ice tea and recompile them for now i don't think you got much of a choice well unless there is a fix for this then you just have to wait.

bahgee
February 6th, 2007, 23:52
Funny, I had a Game303 folder on my card. I guess I forgot to rename it after the update. After I changed it to Game310, it recognized the 310 bugfix update. Stiil no luck w/ PSX games though.

M-Lin
February 6th, 2007, 23:54
1 psp plays MS 6 with this update, the other does not - will test my PSX games now....

sorry to quote myself, but I've got both my psp's working now with 3.10 oea" - the one that didn't run MS6 or PSX games had "No UMD" enabled in recovery menu - I disabled it an everything works. Just hoping to save some cheerleaders... and the world :D

ryanMWolfe
February 7th, 2007, 00:44
A couple of things we could use for the next Custome firmware is

- Abilty to run more plugins at one time (because when we us USBHOSTFS mod it takes up all the plugin spaces

-Better Psx compression

- customizable icons for the newer firmwares

Also i Would like to thank all the Dark_Alex for all his custom firmwares.

DarthPaul
February 7th, 2007, 00:56
Nice. Bug - fix..downloading

Veskgar
February 7th, 2007, 00:57
- Abilty to run more plugins at one time (because when we us USBHOSTFS mod it takes up all the plugin spaces

Could someone post where to get the USBHOSTFS package that will work with 3.10 OE-A'?

I haven't used USBHOSTFS since DevHook 0.46 so I'm a bit behind and not sure what the latest is and how to get it to work with 3.10 OE-A'

Any help would be appreciated.

drock82
February 7th, 2007, 00:58
i think dont think the problem rests with the emulator,i think it rest with the compression maybe if we can use the same converter sony is using maybe a lot more games could be fully playable:rolleyes:

fucht017
February 7th, 2007, 01:20
When you have problems with not loading psx games with OE3.10,you just delete you're game saves...I no it's bad to loose your gamesaves,but if you do they will work again.;)

tom_blind
February 7th, 2007, 05:03
So, I'm running 2.71 with Tiff Exploit+DevHook for homebrew. Can I upgrade to 3.10 OE using DevHook or do I have to have genuine 1.5?

Veskgar
February 7th, 2007, 05:12
So, I'm running 2.71 with Tiff Exploit+DevHook for homebrew. Can I upgrade to 3.10 OE using DevHook or do I have to have genuine 1.5?

Downgrade to 1.50 and then upgrade to 3.10 OE-A. Then run the quick update patch to 3.10 OE-A'

You won't regret it!

tom_blind
February 7th, 2007, 06:14
Apparently, I need to know someone with a 1.5 psp to downgrade... I wish I did...

wolfrainxd
February 7th, 2007, 06:33
help does anyone knowhow to fix the network problem? Whenever i link up with a friend playing metal during lvl 2 it disconnects me all the time.

DarthPaul
February 7th, 2007, 09:33
Apparently, I need to know someone with a 1.5 psp to downgrade... I wish I did...

You don't need someone with 1.5 to downgrade -_-

DarthPaul
February 7th, 2007, 09:35
WOLFRAINXD I HAD SUCCESFULLY DOWNGRADE 18/19 PSP's! WOOOOT!!![1 BRICKED] LMAO NEVERMIND...

mnuhaily22
February 7th, 2007, 09:36
Cool, it worked, not that it does anything, but whatever...

shorty_carnage
February 7th, 2007, 10:30
what is the point in the game310 folder????

guardiansnowman
February 7th, 2007, 14:02
does anyone no how to get ur walk through's working on this firmware? if not then im not updating...i was on this firmware and it was good but i want my walk through!.... thanks for any help

gr42178
February 7th, 2007, 14:12
I didnt upgrade to 3.10 oe yet...still on 3.03 oeC....thinking about it though, but dont wanna lose my 3.02 pops...

Lytera
February 7th, 2007, 14:30
To fix that internet problem, What I did was put a custom topmenu_plugin after pushing o to reset my psp
and restarting to recovery menu. after putting the custom topmenu_plugin.rco in. it resets the psp after exiting but after U put your settings in it wont open the
XMB because custom plugins don't work. but shut it off, go back to the recovery and put in the original and everything worked on mine :thumbup:
(Be Sure To Back up The Entire Flash 0):eek:

x-zero
February 7th, 2007, 15:19
This is a sweet release now i can insure my psp from semi-bricks thank you Dark_AleX.

Shrygue
February 7th, 2007, 19:17
3.10 OE-A' is here already? Well that's good to hear, I'll download and install this now...

WastingTheDawn
February 7th, 2007, 19:32
Is it worth upgrading from 303.
What is the new features or is ita ll the same

jurkevicz
February 7th, 2007, 19:51
Great Release!

Broadus
February 8th, 2007, 14:54
I just noticed 3.10 OE-A and 3.10 OE-A' both have broken Internet browsers or something.

gr42178
February 8th, 2007, 14:56
I just noticed 3.10 OE-A and 3.10 OE-A' both have broken Internet browsers or something.

I have seen other users on here with this problem. I think if you restore the factory settings it will fix the problem. I am not sure though becase I dont use the internet on my PSP.

Turn2
February 8th, 2007, 14:59
Is it worth upgrading from 303.
What is the new features or is ita ll the same

Some PSX game improvments, Spiderman US now works for me without those annoying sound glitches and drop outs. and Pal games seem to be supported now, at least somewhat, Quake 2 now shows a black bar at the top and the bottom and is centered and shows the full picture (letterboxed). and the new Zoom function in the settings menu takes care of those black bars in pal games. I have read somewhere that it doesn't fix all pal games however.

it should be noted that I never converted my pal games to NTSC

jurkevicz
February 8th, 2007, 16:42
I'm hoping 3.11 OE-A is released soon! We are getting spoiled...

gr42178
February 8th, 2007, 16:51
I'm hoping 3.11 OE-A is released soon! We are getting spoiled...

Sony has to release firmware version 3.11 first, DAX is fast, but not that fast :p

Shrygue
February 8th, 2007, 16:53
Sony has already released version 3.11 you can see the news about it here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52314).

gr42178
February 8th, 2007, 17:03
Sony has already released version 3.11 you can see the news about it here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52314).

Wow I didnt see that one, I stand corrected. Sorry jurkevic.:D and thanks for the update YKB.

tom_blind
February 9th, 2007, 01:59
Downgrade to 1.50 and then upgrade to 3.10 OE-A. Then run the quick update patch to 3.10 OE-A'

You won't regret it!

You were right! I can't beleive I'm playing my psx games on my psp! Now if I could only figure out how to use my old homebrew again, as none of seems to work anymore...

ish420ism
February 9th, 2007, 05:48
HELP NEEDED!!!
I'm stuck on 3.03 OE-A'.
my winrar extractor is having corruption errors on D.A.'s 3.03 OE-B, 3.03 OE-C and 3.10 OE upgade, bug fix extracts fine, though. anybody having that problem? What should i try. i recently dowloaded winrar's new extractor.
any help will be greatly appreciated

DrNicket
February 9th, 2007, 06:19
The internet browser worked fine

YOu should probly Disable Skip SCE logo in Recovery mode and then let it run that will fix most bsod's

Worked for me. Thanks ryanMWolfe.

Is there any harm is flashing back to 3.03 OE-C from 3.10 OE-A'?
I may not need to, but I'd like to know in advance.
It may be moot as 3.11 OE-A may be just around the corner.
Any word on iRShell working in latest firmware? It just shows up as corrupt on my PSP.

LAMPRO
February 9th, 2007, 06:37
I just made the leap.

Can someone help me out with the GAME, GAME150, and GAME 303 folders - in 3.03OE-C - pleze?

On the 1.50, they all worked great, I hid icons and organized using pspsort - over 20 homebrew items. all butter.

When I put some in the GAME150 folder on the 303oec, some wont work, some show currupt icons even after changing the folder names, and some are perfect. I set them all up like XYZZ_ and XYZZ_%.

Ive been to BOOT holding R and enabled hide corrupt icons, and even toggled 303kernal and 150 kernal, but i dont know which will make it work.. they didnt change when i toggled.

i wish i could use pspsort and make it work again, put it all in order and hide the corrupts.. how do i do?

anyone with some tips for homebrew for CF?? D_A?

cabosixpack
February 10th, 2007, 08:40
seeing lot of game150 questions around,
homebrew = game150
psx = game303 folder
psx = game310 folder

ryoko44
February 10th, 2007, 21:15
I don't know if this is true or not but i heard that Sony included a "Disc Switch" option into 3.03's popstation but it hasn't been cracked yet is this true or not

Diplomat223
February 10th, 2007, 23:32
Im going to try this out with mt 3.10 OE-C.

BTW, I need help on where to find Popstation and properly install it on my 3.10 OE-C. Help please!

monkvash
February 12th, 2007, 20:47
Theres no stopping Dax the man is on a mission lol

3.10 oea = awesome:thumbup: :D

Hansetranse
February 13th, 2007, 16:24
Thanks for the bugfix, even if I don't know, what it's for, everything worked for me, but i didn't test the browser, so i ran the update and it worked fine, as always.
Thank you, Dark Alex.

DrNicket
February 13th, 2007, 20:46
I don't know if this is true or not but i heard that Sony included a "Disc Switch" option into 3.03's popstation but it hasn't been cracked yet is this true or not

I don't know where you heard it from, but I doubt Sony would implement something like that until they needed to (like adding FF7 to the store). ...and yes I'm aware of Sony tipping their hat a little by including .prx files for upcoming features in an update (ex. camera and skype).

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but Sony would be too kind to provide it to us on it's own. Although perhaps Dark_Alex would need the switch & a compatible eboot or key file to make it work.

Only time will tell.

Streetz
February 26th, 2007, 03:20
Does anyone know the proper way to fix the internet browser?