PDA

View Full Version : Can Nintendo Save the Adventure Game Genre?

wraggster
February 6th, 2007, 22:56
Gamasutra is running an editorial wondering whether the Wii can save the adventure game genre. With the intuitive nature of first-person control and interaction the Wiimote/nunchuck combination provides, it's been an open question since the console's concept was announced whether or not the Nintendo could revive a much-beloved but sadly absent game genre. Scott Nixon writes of the future for point-and-click titles, talking about their hearty success on the DS (with Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright) and the requirements of design such games would make of the Wii. With word that a Wii developer for the Sam and Max series is being sought, the question isn't if but when adventure titles begin appearing on the system. Here's hoping they get a warm reception, from an audience ready for their reintroduction.

via /. (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/06/226245)

JKKDARK
February 6th, 2007, 23:57
The first franchise to my mind: Sonic The Hedgehog :)

Junixx
February 7th, 2007, 01:35
The first games that come to mind when speaking of adventure games is The Journeyman Project Trilogy....I loved that game...

Pheonix Wright is awesome, I just beat the first o-......ok so maybe I didnt....

acn010
February 7th, 2007, 01:47
harvest moon!! :P
that would be cool on the wii