PDA

View Full Version : DSMasterPlus : Emulator of Sega Master System / Game Gear for Nintendo DS

wraggster
February 7th, 2007, 01:21
Alekmaul (http://www.portabledev.com/pages/ds/jeuxdev.-perso/dsmasterplus.php) has released a new Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator for the Nintendo DS:

This version has DLDI support

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mikaa
February 7th, 2007, 02:02
Could one please specify what card types are supported by this program? (ie - MMD's CF, SD, Micro, etc)

While I am glad that someone has put forth the effort to make a SMS/Game Gear emulator for the DS, I would like to know what card type I would need to run it.

Mikaa

Edit: Could someone please explain what this "DLDI" patching is, why I would need it, and if a MMD would require it. Also, how does it work?

Edit 2: Feel free to correct me: DLDI is a patching device that allows programs to be "formatted" to run on the various card types. Please feel free to correct me.

HiredK
February 7th, 2007, 03:23
Ok, Th DLDI is a patcher that modify the DAT driver of the homebrew ... it's mean that all the card can work with the DLDI if you have the right patcher ... here's the website where you can find it: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

Mikaa
February 7th, 2007, 03:31
Ah. Many thanks for the info.

Mikaa

DanTheManMS
February 7th, 2007, 03:37
Here's a brief DLDI description (http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DLDI) I typed up that might be of use to you. Basically yeah, it allows for easier access to more devices, and makes current homebrew more future-proof.

EDIT: looks like I'm a few minutes too late. Oh well.

Metaluna
February 7th, 2007, 04:08
Mikaa, everything you need is in the DSMASTERPV10.zip file. Drivers and the dldi patcher are included. Just follow the instructions in the readme file.

There are known issues with the save states, AlekMaul has stated that he will make another release today to correct this.

So far, it is already an awesome release. The sound is just great. Game gear games run faster than sms ones. Just give a try to Columns and Pengo, the're just perfect. Sonic games are playable and enjoyable even if they don't run at full speed.

airfull
February 7th, 2007, 05:49
can someone post a patched ds-x version of it. im on a mac and would like to test this out.

alekmaul
February 7th, 2007, 08:38
airfull, you have a dldi patch for mac os on Chishm's page : http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

Also, this version is a test version for users of my forum (there is no news on my web site about it), so it needs improvements for loading and save states (and speed too ;)).

souLLy
February 7th, 2007, 09:21
airfull, you have a dldi patch for mac os on Chishm's page : http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

Also, this version is a test version for users of my forum (there is no news on my web site about it), so it needs improvements for loading and save states (and speed too ;)).

Awesome work mate, had a blast playing sonic again, and nice interface, reminds me of playing meka for the first time.
Is there any chance you could add a function where it saves your option settings, so I don't have to switch languages each time? I know it's a pre-release so you're probably going to add more before a full release anyway but I thought I'd ask.

Mikaa
February 7th, 2007, 11:05
(Note - the DLDI I am using is for the MMD)

The emulator seems to work rather well, but a few issues arose during use: for one, the screen was cut in half on the visible screen (or maybe by two-fifths - while playing Streets of Rage 2, I could see the "Player 1" spot, but nothing above), and the sound quality and controls were slightly sluggish.

Then again, this is an early effort, and such issues are to be expected. However, the quality overal of this program is enough to keep me waiting for an enhanced version. Keep up the great work!

Now if only someone would churn out a gread Game Boy/Color DS emulator...

Mikaa

alekmaul
February 7th, 2007, 11:49
Is there any chance you could add a function where it saves your option settings, so I don't have to switch languages each time?
Well, I will check the DS country flag and put the emulator in the correct language in the next version.

phanboy_iv
February 7th, 2007, 19:41
Very nice. This is obviously now the best solution for SMS/GG on the DS. It's amazing how polished this is for a first release. Can't wait to see where this will go!

Mikaa
February 7th, 2007, 20:26
Question - is there a particular reason that my MMD would run the emulator with half the screen hidden?

toymin80r
February 8th, 2007, 12:08
^^ i think thats just how it is right now.

jackal27
February 8th, 2007, 13:32
No, mine runs perfect besides saves, and most games run at full speed on my MMD.

Amethyst
February 10th, 2007, 11:02
Great emulator! It runs a little slow but this is the first release and it is f'cking win.

Oddly, when I played it, I also had the half screen problem, but when my brother played it, it was fine in full screen.

nintendofreak103
February 10th, 2007, 22:59
Whenever i start it this message apears:

recherche systeme fat ...
pas de systeme fat trouve :(
systeme stoppe !

Any idea what this means? Please help.

toymin80r
February 11th, 2007, 13:52
change the language on there, its near the bottom of the touch screen, then you'll know what the problem is.

Mr.Peanut
February 17th, 2007, 23:19
I have been enjoying playing Ultima IV on this great emu, but the save states are not restoring properly. The save state file is there, but it will not load. I am using it on a Supercard SD. BTW are save states the only way to save, or will in game saves work too?

Tesseract
April 10th, 2007, 04:16
Emulation quirks aside, I have to say this is one of the best-presented emulators I've seen yet on the DS.

Clean GUI, relatively easy install (Only DLDI patching required) Slot 2 support, and something I'd never have thought of... a WiFi applet to send compatibility details.

You need to make other emulators like this one, my friend. Hats off.