PDA

View Full Version : Wii Remote recharge docks soon

wraggster
February 7th, 2007, 17:26
If you've got four-player Wii sessions regularly on the go, you probably chomp through Duracells like Andy goes through pies down the chip shop.

Keeping your Remotes powered up can work out expensive but it won't be a problem for long. Nyko and Sanko are about to release recharging docking stations that let you recharge your Wii Remotes when you're not playing.

Nyko's offering charges two Remotes on a single dock, whereas Sanko are producing single-Remote docks that plug into the USB ports on your Wii to draw their power. Both take around three hours to charge to give you 25 hours of constant use.

Both packs come with NiCd rechargeable batteries which should give you thousands of recharges.

Neither kits have been given firm release dates yet but Nyko's kit is expected to hit US stores within the next month, and Sanko has already priced their docks at 3,480 yen (£15) for a looming release in Japan.

The wait continues for a UK announcement, but of you're desperate for some rechargeable Remote action (and you know you are), get on the import sites.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=157135)

strumstrum
February 7th, 2007, 17:36
does the unit have to be on, or will it charge from standby..?

ill stick to my uniross nimh 2500's and charger, they rule..

VampDude
February 8th, 2007, 00:48
does the unit have to be on, or will it charge from standby..?

ill stick to my uniross nimh 2500's and charger, they rule..

some strange reason the Wii never seems to be off unless you see the red light when it's off, so I'm guessing that you can charge from standby

DPyro
February 8th, 2007, 18:19
NiCd?...No thanks, I'll stick with my Energizer 2500 NiMh. Don't want that 'memory' problem...