PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Plus 07/02/2007 - Genesis Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

wraggster
February 7th, 2007, 19:15
Gary Coleman has released a new version of Genesis Plus the Genesis(Megadrive) emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube (You need to use the SD Load way to load Gamecube Emulator and Homebrew on your Gamecube without the Need for Modchips (http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk/tutorial-to-get-homebrew-and-emulators-to-work-on-gamecube-without-modding-45125.html))

Heres whats new in this latest release:

What's New:

- fm timers fixed (fix music in castle of illusion, quackshot, undead line, wonderboy in monster lair, cal 50, turbo outrun, thunderforce 4 and maybe more)

- added serial eeprom emulation (save support now works fine in wonderboy5, megaman, nba jam...) (credits to Notaz, adapted from Picodrive code)

- added dma timing emulation (fix bottom screen in Legend of Galahad, disabled by default because it makes a lot of other games hanging, enable this in option menu ) (credits to Notaz, adapted from Picodrive code)

- hack: clear Vint pending after Hint (INT level 4) acknowledge (fix fatal rewind)

- hack: modify read_bus16 to return a different value at each read (fake fetch) (fix time killers)

- modified cpu execution timings, with more correct hblank and interrupts timing (fix iss deluxe, double dragon 2 and certainly more) (Based on Gens source code)

- modified busreq mechanism: better synchro between z80 & 68k (no need to dejitter anymore) (Based on Gens code)

- added sprite collision detection (fix Strider 2)

- modified byte writing in VDP DMA Fill operation to take the endianness in account (fix Contra Hardcorps graphics)

- added CPU type detection (50hz or 60Hz) according to game region (can be forced in option menu) and also added PAL timings support. Please note that it's still buggy, as there is a strange repeating noise in sound playback when playing a PAL game, I must have miss something.

Download Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52263)

Sabres
February 22nd, 2007, 07:28
If anyone plans on saving the SRAM for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, I suggest you inject Sonic 3 using an older version of Genesis Plus so that the game is its own .dol file and play and save with that.

Using this latest version of Genesis Plus i saved my SRAM for games like Crusader of Centy, Shining Force 2, Landstalker etc and everything was fine. However, when i tried to save my Sonic3 SRAM it corrupted all of the data on my Gamecube memory card so i had to erase everything. Every game seems to save just fine, except Sonic 3.