PDA

View Full Version : Licks Media Player Alpha 2

wraggster
February 7th, 2007, 19:51
Lucas (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12369) has took over the discontinued Licks Media Player Project, heres what he posted:

I got myself a DS last month, and a flashcart last week... Looking through the projects, I liked Licks Media Player (ipod-like player) very much, but unfortunately it was discontinued

So... I just decided to finish it . In the end, it became a complete rewrite. No more C++, only pure C. At ths time, I only have some basic functionality, WAV playback (files must end in .wav) and libmad playback (files must end in .mp3).

There's 3 different play modes, mode 1, mode 2 and mode 3 SELECT alternate between these modes, but you have to PAUSE/UNPAUSE so the mode will be applied. If you happen to test, please, send feedback on which one you think sounds the best. (these modes basically do some linear oversampling, just like moonshell).

I'm labelling this alpha2 version, it's still very experimental.

New feature: playlist support. Some bugfixes and some rewrite in the graphics code.

For using playlists, you MUST use relative paths, no absolute paths. Also, you CAN'T use ".." in your paths (e.g. /abc/d/../e).

I've moved to more common .zip files for the precompiled binaries, so no more confusion!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jhg
February 7th, 2007, 20:24
so this sould work on max media player?.. when i start it up it just goes to the ipod screen with the words starting..not starting!!

TeenDev
February 8th, 2007, 02:18
THANK THER LORD YES!!!! AN NEW ****in version hel ya b***h

DanTheManMS
February 8th, 2007, 04:49
jhg, patch it with the Max Media DLDI patch file. This new version has DLDI support, so it should work.

And by the way, as of an hour or so ago, this thread is outdated. Alpha 3 is now available. Download link is at that GBAdev thread you find when clicking his name.

tahtah
February 22nd, 2007, 19:32
its says its starting but it don't start it freezes at starting :S. can someone please help???

DanTheManMS
February 23rd, 2007, 02:00
Hold A+B when starting to disable the ID3 tags, which helped one person resolve a similar issue. Check out the thread at GBAdev, as a new version has been released that disables ID3 by default, though you can enable it at bootup if desired. Info is on page 9 of the GBAdev thread.

tahtah
February 23rd, 2007, 14:45
i STILL dont get it

now tell me in steps what i must do and wich one i need to download i got a M3 DS Simply slot-1 (v 1.01) with a microSD card of 1 gb.

edit: oh and where must i set my music in ??

DanTheManMS
February 24th, 2007, 03:26
Go to the GBAdev thread, which will link you to a place to download the latest version. Patch it with the M3 Simply DLDI file and place it on your card. Your music can be anywhere, as this player scans your entire card for music when starting.

tahtah
March 3rd, 2007, 20:43
can someone make a screenshot of his map how it must be done because it works now but it still freezes at startup and I tryed the A+B buttons :S...

tahtah
March 3rd, 2007, 21:21
it already works but now its says:

display ok!
starting...
starting sound...OK
starting fat...fatInitDefault()
failed!

:S:S:S:S

tahtah
March 4th, 2007, 10:01
forget about it.
it already works :)
tnx fo ya help.

ryancoke
March 21st, 2007, 18:32
it already works but now its says:

display ok!
starting...
starting sound...OK
starting fat...fatInitDefault()
failed!

:S:S:S:S

I used the DLDI R4 patch on my M3 simply and it works perfectly! It's pretty sweet good job!

moisesmcardona
March 23rd, 2007, 19:25
I have the problem that when selecting music -> songs -> it freeze. does anyone knows how to resolve this problem. I am using an M3 Perfect SD

Jan-H
March 24th, 2007, 08:07
@moisesmcardona: Maybe you must patch it with the SLDI-Patch.If you have done this and it doesn't work, try another version, here
http://www.cecm.usp.br/~lucas/lmp-ng/

Ryuk and apples
April 24th, 2007, 01:58
I know this thread is old, however to help all of the people whom are trying this on MMD. Remember, it will not start unless there is an MP3 file on the memory card. (That was my issue) I am not entirely sure whether it needs to be dldi patched or now considering I patched it before I experimented. I do no that you do not need to press a+b while loading it, and also you DO need to place an MP3 song file on your card or else there is nothing for the program to read. Hope this helps any future MMD users.

pihh
May 3rd, 2007, 11:28
heyy! anyone knows how to make the lmp work in full mode? i mean with the artists ,album , video, photo optins ! and how can I create playlists for it?

DanTheManMS
May 3rd, 2007, 14:14
This isn't an iPod emulator. It's merely a clone. Therefore, it doesn't have any images or photo options or sorting by artist and album and such, so you can't enable the features, as they don't exist. I think there's a version posted on GBAdev that searches through the mp3 file's ID tags though.

microsoft
June 17th, 2007, 21:17
so this sould work on max media player?.. when i start it up it just goes to the ipod screen with the words starting..not starting!!
Same with me

Cheatsurfer
June 21st, 2007, 05:05
Dead thread I know, but one last note. I have an MMD, and I did end up patching the DLDI to make it work for me.

Cheatsurfer
June 21st, 2007, 06:20
Here's the thread (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12369&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0), this one's dead.

leehomm
July 21st, 2007, 15:19
works great, really cool. thanks for that

Sigma83
July 21st, 2007, 19:01
None of these licks things have played the music on my supercardds one correctly. I've tried every version I can find. This one plays everything at half speed. Others sound like major distortion. This one also froze on me after trying to switch songs while one song was playing. Is there a version out that's truely stable?

DanTheManMS
July 21st, 2007, 19:41
The issue is more likely due to your card, as it works perfect on my Supercard miniSD once patched with the right DLDI file.

KAVENJ1
November 16th, 2007, 17:23
How Do I Use This I Want To Use It On My Max Media Dock

EricQuispez
November 19th, 2007, 16:19
excuse me but can you plz sen dme a message to [email protected] describing how to put a ds game into my games n music memory plz tell me i want to play zelda and the hour glass and pokemon plz help!

spinal_cord
November 20th, 2007, 10:24
excuse me but can you plz sen dme a message to [email protected] describing how to put a ds game into my games n music memory plz tell me i want to play zelda and the hour glass and pokemon plz help!

You should have known BEFORE buying the GnM, that it does NOT support commercial games and probably never will.

Akoi Meexx
November 22nd, 2007, 08:09
Anyone looking at doing additional development on lmp-ng 2a?

I'd like to see dpg support and a way to create playlists on-the-fly, but I'm not at the point programmatically(new word, I totally rock.:rolleyes:) speaking to be able to do this myself. I mean, the source for dpg playback is available from the moonshell project, wouldn't it be possible to hamfist that into lmp-ng?

Sigma83
November 23rd, 2007, 05:39
hah, i'd still be happy if it even worked on my supercard ds one or mini sd slot 2. Maybe my mp3's are at too high of a bitrate (terminology?).

DanTheManMS
November 25th, 2007, 19:07
For the Supercard DS, use Barni's modified DLDI file that supports unaligned reads and writes. For the miniSD, don't use the latest firmware's auto-DLDI feature, as that causes skips in the music. If you must use auto-DLDI patching, grab Barni's updated slot-2 Supercard DLDI file and rename it to dldi.scp

jsnds99
November 30th, 2007, 19:45
How do you create playlists ?????

ChaoFan531
December 1st, 2007, 02:29
when i try this out it shows the ipod and all but on the top screen all it says is Input:
if i need to DLDI patch it im confused on how to do that. ive tried it out didnt work out too well for me

ChaoFan531
December 1st, 2007, 02:32
forgot to add that im using MAX Media Player

wiggy fuzz
December 1st, 2007, 07:47
a small request - if anyone is using the 2GB microSD card from sandisk with the m3 simply/r4 ds slot one device can you please tell me what happens (does it load with the skins?)

whenever i use it i just get a black screen and some garbled fonts. it technically can still play music, though... i'm sure i did everything right, because i tried it with a 1GB kingston microSD card and it worked perfectly

thanks in advance

Adrenalin
December 2nd, 2007, 12:05
did you place the folder that holds the skin file "default.zip" (don't unzip it) on your card?

wiggy fuzz
December 2nd, 2007, 12:29
yes - like i said, it works perfectly on my 1GB card

eliasx
December 2nd, 2007, 20:14
i have a question. i have a datel max media player and was wondering if it would be possible to run this or any other mp3 player while playing a game. i have a racing game that doesnt play music while racing so i thought there might be a way to play my music from my flashcart while playing the game at the same time. would it be possible. that would rule!!!!

DanTheManMS
December 12th, 2007, 23:33
Not possible, sorry. The DS has no underlying operating system, so programs get complete control over all the DS hardware once they're run.

Freebird8495
March 19th, 2008, 11:44
go to youtube and watch vids on it... i had same problem, now... i just cant figure out how to put music on it or change skin....... sum1 help!!!

pokehh
May 19th, 2008, 11:01
it works, but when i start the music it plays it all glitchy and not properly, what is the matter and how could i fi it?

pokehh
May 19th, 2008, 11:01
fix*

falcon64z8
June 9th, 2008, 20:20
Does anyone know how to disable the L and R buttons? I know you can hit select but that disable everything.

bobinkaas
January 3rd, 2009, 20:29
nice man!!

mediochip1
June 17th, 2009, 19:36
still doesnt work...