PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Commandments of a Console Launch

wraggster
February 7th, 2007, 20:06
via gamingnexus (http://www.gamingnexus.com/Default.aspx?Section=Article&I=1392)

With the launch of the PS3 and Wii 3 months behind us, we've taken a look back at those launches and as well launch of the 360 and tried to come up with a set of new rules for the next major console launch.

1. Thou shall not force us to kill for your system, thou shall have at least 600,000 units at launch
2. Thou shall have enough accessories to go with the system
3. Honor the father and the mother, do not charge more than $350 for thy next system
4. You shall not bear false witness against your system specs
5. You shall not steal extra money from us by not including key components in the box
6. Remember a gaming day and keep it holy (release new online content on a consistent basis)
7. You shall not covet your neighbors titles, make sure you have at least three solid first party launch titles
8. You shall not commit gaming adultery, backwards compatibility should be an all or nothing deal
9. Thou should have good tech support and a solid replacement policy in place for defective units
10. Future launches will launch with one and only one SKU

shorty_carnage
February 7th, 2007, 20:30
First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!!

Mc_Logical
February 7th, 2007, 20:32
First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! and i thought i was retarded? lol

shadowprophet
February 7th, 2007, 20:53
nice to see some lite hearted news every so often :rofl:

Yobumtin
February 7th, 2007, 20:59
First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!! First!!!

We don't appreciate or find it funny for one to say that they are first here.:p Just telling you. But yeah I agree with all these "commandments." Especially three and five.

luis_05
February 7th, 2007, 21:05
this is too funny!!!

Veskgar
February 7th, 2007, 21:28

GO back where you came from. You will just find it too difficult here for your small brain.

sroon
February 7th, 2007, 21:39
HAHAHAHAHA gaming adultry HAHAHA
niiiice 1
btw sup Shadoeprophet!!!! havent see you bro:P

( O ) ( O )

Shrygue
February 7th, 2007, 21:46

shorty_carnage, this isn't QJ.net where it's a race to put in first reply in a new acticle. This is DCEmu and no one really needs to know if you are first to post in a thread. There is no rush.

Anyway, those list of commandments are well good to see, especially no.3.

Veskgar
February 7th, 2007, 21:56
I would say "thou shall be ready" but if SONY was ready for the launch of the PSP, we may never have gotten a homebrew scene this advanced.

shadowprophet
February 7th, 2007, 22:22
Where the hell have you been !
By the way, happy late birthday bro :thumbup:

kidSN
February 8th, 2007, 00:33
lool nice write up

alfatreze
February 8th, 2007, 00:42
Hehe, beatufully posted!

It seems that wii is the only one to have followed all the commandments :D
It must mean it is a Holy Console :P
It's even white and blue :D

Kvonx
February 8th, 2007, 01:21
psp jokes.WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is so true and funny 2

TeenDev
February 8th, 2007, 02:33
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that waz fun

John Vattic
February 8th, 2007, 04:14
Ok. So I bought a Wii, and um, there is no mario game to buy with it. All I have is a stack of gamecube discs. The way I see it, Nintendo is just as guilty as Sony as far as having no good launch titles.

Resident Evil for Wii? December 07? No sign of Mario kart, Metroids, or original Zelda titles?:confused:

I almost regret being a first adopter.
How Wiimo.:mad:

Xcliber
February 8th, 2007, 11:42
Amen!

I_Highway
February 8th, 2007, 23:35
Hey, what is a SKU???

I am the first to agree with Commandment 3. Here in Brazil, I canīt find any new console for less than US$ 600,00...