PDA

View Full Version : Wii Controllers Are Region Free

wraggster
February 7th, 2007, 21:28
Like many people i wanted to add extra Wiimotes so that more people can play on my Wii console, but in the UK we pay far too much for controllers, so i decided to import one from Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-113-49-en-84-j-70-1ln7.html)- one for a Jap Wii, now i decided to take the risk and well it arrived yesterday and now im playing with a Wiimote that cost me a lot less than buying in the UK :)

alienanthropologist
February 7th, 2007, 21:42
That's awesome! I've got two Wiimotes, and am looking at buying another two. But I'm quite broke at the moment so it probably won't be happening for a while.

Can I ask how much did you pay, wraggster?

lemoe
February 7th, 2007, 22:05
???? thats great but, Play Asia JAP wii remote
= £25.66 + £4.53 postage
=£30.19

HMV UK wii remote
=£29.99 + free delivery

Good news, but i dont see the advantage (atleast not from play asia)

Accordion
February 7th, 2007, 22:22
why did anyone think they wouldnt be...

VampDude
February 8th, 2007, 00:26
no offence:

but DUH, all controllers for any console are Region Free - it is just a dumb question that dumb (n00b-ish) people usually tend to ask!

SwordOfZork
February 8th, 2007, 01:41
Theres something seriously wrong when it costs less to buy something on the other side of the planet and have it shipped to your house, than to buy it at a local store.

pubjoe
February 8th, 2007, 10:16
Well, no one really said it wouldn't, but at least now it's been confirmed.

Cheapest way to get one though is to buy wii play, then sell the game on it's own and keep the controller.

VampDude
February 8th, 2007, 14:29
Well, no one really said it wouldn't, but at least now it's been confirmed.

Cheapest way to get one though is to buy wii play, then sell the game on it's own and keep the controller.

WiiPlay is still scarce!

MadBob
February 8th, 2007, 18:40
try up north, there are oodles of copies of Wii Play in Manchester and Wakefield.