PDA

View Full Version : NJ back? new CPS2 update!

gunntims0103
February 8th, 2007, 00:00
new release via NJ (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/)

Heres what NJ had to say -

About one month PSP had not touched, but the experiment which is transplanted to Windows/Linux privately with SDL correction of 1.66 bugs which with the process which does are discovered and, taking in the result of drawing speed improvement experiment of the line scroll which has become vague, you adjusted lastly. As for CPS2PSP, because the analysis of CPS2 is advanced with MAME, also cryptographic cancellation algorithm at 0.111u5 point in time is taken in.

Furthermore, because the intention which reopens the development with PSP it is not, please acknowledge beforehand.

* Because only the binary which does not do kxploit it includes, when it executes with FW1.5, please use the installation utility for PSP.
* Because the down grader of FW3.03 was released, it deleted the user mode edition which does not have meaning.

Heres the CPS2 updates-

CPS2PSP ver.1.8.4 - The CP system 2 emulator for PSP

* There are no 1.8.4 sources. Everything collecting the emulator of future four, because it releases, as 2.0 please wait to that.
* Please refer to readme_cps2.txt of attachment in regard to AdHoc corresponding edition.
 (AdHoc corresponding edition recommending the use after CFW 3.03OE-C. With other FW modifying in wlan.prx of 333MHz correspondence, or dropping the clock into 222MHz.)

Modification (1.8.4)

* In combination with ROM set to MAME 0.112, it modifies.
Adding mpang.
mpangj modification to clone set of mpang.
* Because you had forgotten to renew the binary of romcnv_cps2.exe, replacement.

Modification (1.8.4, only AdHoc corresponding edition)

* The processing of AdHoc for the second time adjustment.
* The product ID which is used for the matching AdHoc modification to the character string which does not compete with other things.
* Pause function addition (only AdHoc). Attendant upon this, also processing of cutting was modified. During game playing dialogue is indicated by the fact that START + SELECT is pushed, the pause is required, [returns to the game] [can select either of cutting]. Furthermore, dialogue is indicated in also opposite side, but the fact that it can operate is only the side which executed the pause.
* When the communication of AdHoc breaks off 30 seconds or more, way cutting is tried mandatorily, modification.

Download and give feedback via comment

Apoklepz
February 8th, 2007, 00:10
Thanks for the up, bro.

I'll be checking the Adhoc on with a friend this weekend...Can't wait!

Looks like NJ beat MikeDX with his own official Adhoc release.

------ EDIT --------

Hey Gun, The PBP's SFO files read like this:

- CPS2PSP 1.8.3 [Final]

- CPS2PSP 1.8.3 [Adhoc]

Furthermore, it only sez 1.8.4 in the gamelist readme's...

Are these the actual last builds?

darthhaze420
February 8th, 2007, 00:10
is there any dif besides wifi ability in ad hoc zip and non ad hoc

tsurumaru
February 8th, 2007, 00:12
Here's the Babelfish for the whole page, some interesting stuff:

"About one month PSP had not touched, but the experiment which is transplanted to Windows/Linux privately with SDL correction of 1.66 bugs which with the process which does are discovered and, taking in the result of drawing speed improvement experiment of the line scroll which has become vague, you adjusted lastly. As for CPS2PSP, because the analysis of CPS2 is advanced with MAME, also cryptographic cancellation algorithm at 0.111u5 point in time is taken in.

Furthermore, because the intention which reopens the development with PSP it is not, please acknowledge beforehand.

* Because only the binary which does not do kxploit it includes, when it executes with FW1.5, please use the installation utility for PSP.
* Because the down grader of FW3.03 was released, it deleted the user mode edition which does not have meaning.
Renewal past record

The intention of ending renewal with 2007/01/28 a little extended in the AdHoc correspondence of CPS2PSP, but you make renewal ending with 2007/02/04.
The あ -, the め it is do. As for excessive demand you think that it is not, but being also NCDZPSP to have decided to integrate the source code, you think that already one time it renews.
Just a little because the part where processing is different from other things is many, it is about whether or not it can release during this week.
You think specification of the folder and the like of MP3 that it is modified. (As for the compatibility of NEOCDPSP you do not adhere anymore and being to think that also the て is good)

Once, because the emulation itself of NEOGEO CD was advanced is 0.50 beta, you work being to have almost ended,, but the integration of UI being difficult, it is not advanced.
Depending upon the speed bat the air which considerably has become good does. Rather than MVSPSP 1.7.0 thinking, it seems the bad way.
The kind of game where it can rewrite the pallet frequently (such as ティンクルスタースプライツ is stabilized more considerably than in the past) it seems that.

The Japanese indication and the command list of NCDZPSP are difficult. If it is not, job is ending long ago, the る is, but.
If you did not attach, it was good, when is, regretting after so long a time, reaching.

2007/02/04: CPS2PSP 1.8.3/CPS1PSP 1.8.3/renewal of the MVSPSP 1.7.0 this page endalready one time renewal schedule
2007/02/03: CPS2PSP 1.8.2
2007/02/02: CPS2PSP 1.8.1
2007/01/28: CPS2PSP 1.8.0/CPS1PSP 1.8.0
CPS2PSP ver.1.8.3 - The CP system 2 emulator for PSP

* CPS2PSP ver.1.8.4 Download
* CPS2PSP ver.1.8.4 (AdHoc corresponding edition) Download

* There are no 1.8.4 sources. Everything collecting the emulator of future four, because it releases, as 2.0 please wait to that.
* Please refer to readme_cps2.txt of attachment in regard to AdHoc corresponding edition.
(AdHoc corresponding edition recommending the use after CFW 3.03OE-C. With other FW it modifies in wlan.prx of 333MHz correspondence, or drop the clock into 222MHz. )

Modification (1.8.4)

* In combination with ROM set to MAME 0.112, it modifies.
Adding mpang.
Mpangj modification to clone set of mpang.
* Being to have forgotten to renew the binary of romcnv_cps2.exe, it replaces.

Modification (1.8.3, only AdHoc corresponding edition)

* The processing of AdHoc for the second time adjustment.
* The product ID which is used for the matching AdHoc modification to the character string which does not compete with other things.
* Pause function addition (only AdHoc). Attendant upon this, also processing of cutting was modified. During game playing dialogue is indicated by the fact that START + SELECT is pushed, the pause is required, [ returns to the game ] [ can select either of cutting ]. Furthermore, dialogue is indicated in also opposite side, but the fact that it can operate is only the side which executed the pause.
* When the communication of AdHoc breaks off 30 seconds or more, way cutting is tried mandatorily, modification.

Bug correction (1.8.2, only AdHoc corresponding edition)

* Correcting the bug where the cutting processing of AdHoc was not done normally.
* Being able to connect with the game which differs the bug which is correcting. (Selecting with 0 buttons, it does not react, way, modification)
* Executing the cancellation of connection, correcting the bug where the communication of AdHoc is not cut off.
* Bug related to other things and AdHoc many correction.

Bug correction (1.8.1)

* Because there is an error in the input port map of Player 2, in several games correction.

Modification (1.8.1)

* Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition (Asia 040202) ROM set name from hsf2a was modified in hsf2.
* Because with former sprite drawing processing wastefulness occurs rather by modifying the texture type of sprite, the cord/code was rewritten.
* Attendant upon the above-mentioned modification, it modified in the shape whose are convenient to the sprite drawing processing where also the format of cash file is new. Version of cash file becomes "V11". Because it renewed romcnv_cps2.exe, please do again to draw up cash file of all games for the second time.
* Initial value of Sample Rate option in "44100Hz" modification.
* Initial value of Video Sync option in "Yes" modification.

Bug correction (1.8.0)

* Because at the time of the line scroll drawing of Scroll2, the clip range has been modified the occasion where it renews texture cash, correcting the bug which has the case where sprite cannot be drawn just.
* Correcting the bug of the memory map of M68000. (With PSP accidentally problem had not come to the surface. )

Modification (1.8.0)

* The line scroll drawing speed of Scroll2 it improved substantially. You think that with most games Raster Effects ON, even with Sound 44KHz it reached the point where speed above 60fps appears.
* Attendant upon the above-mentioned modification, initial value of Raster Effects option in "ON" modification.
* Taking in the CPS2 decoding algorithm of MAME. The XOR table file became unnecessary with the game other than Super Puzzle Fighter II.
* Texture type of sprite from RGB5551 modification to CLUT 8bit. Because it reaches the point where the pallet is processed with the hardware, the problem where with several games has decreased drawing speed with such as pallet animation and the flash effect of the picture was cancelled.
* Romcnv_cps2.exe was renewed. Version of cash file becomes "V10". As for the former file because you cannot use, please do the reconstruction of cash file with romcnv_cps2.exe whose attachment is new.
* Processing of Aufo Fire function was rewritten a little.
* Calculation method of frame rate was modified a little.
* As retained the screen shot with PNG type, it modified.

CPS1PSP ver.1.8.3 - The CP system 1 emulator for PSP

* CPS1PSP ver.1.8.3 Download
* CPS1PSP ver.1.8.3 (support "bootleg") Download

* Because it is last, it leaves also those which make bootleg set effective.
Usually, the game which is started increases more or less from edition, but because excessive processing increases, usually some effective speed than edition falls.

1.8.2 - 1.8.3

* There is no change in contents. Only the renewal of readme_cps1.txt.

Bug correction (1.8.1)

* Just being able to process the layer division drawing of Scroll3 correcting the bug which is not.

Modification (1.8.1)

* In combination with the emulation of pin 7 of OKIM6975 ADPCM to MAME 0.111u6, it modifies.
* Attendant upon the above-mentioned modification, the version of State Data was renewed. There is no compatibility of the former data.

Bug correction (1.8.0)

* Because at the time of the line scroll drawing of Scroll2, the clip range has been modified the occasion where it renews texture cash, correcting the bug which has the case where sprite cannot be drawn just.

Modification (1.8.0)

* The line scroll drawing speed of Scroll2 it improved substantially. If this sound is below 22KHz, you think that it reached the point where speed above 60fps appears generally.
* Attendant upon the above-mentioned modification, initial value of Raster Effects option in "ON" modification.
* Processing of Aufo Fire function was rewritten a little.
* Calculation method of frame rate was modified a little.

CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP ver.1.8.3 source code finite difference

* CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP ver.1.8.3 source diff Download

It isthe finite difference for njemu_source_20061225.zip. After superscribing, please compile.
MVSPSP ver.1.7.0 (development edition) - the MVS emulator for PSP

* MVSPSP ver.1.7.0 Download

* The way it was perplexed a little, but you are defeated. In addition to the fact that although you tried starting to hint a little, improvement of speed cannot look at the speed improvement with CPS2PSP excessively, being kind of also the game which becomes conversely heavy to be, being to discontinue, it does, but it releases once.

* Also the source code is attached.It isthe finite difference for njemu_source_20061225.zip. After the superscribing, please compile.

1.7.0 (Development edition - after all the renewal discontinuance)

* Although the texture format was modified in CLUT8, by the fact that the drawing processing of GU becomes complicated not seeing most effects. With the part game somewhat it becomes light, but it seems that is also the game where becomes conversely operation heavy.
* Attendant upon description above, renewing romcnv_mvs.exe. Version of cash file becomes "V7". Reconstruction of cash file is necessary.

This page does not renew, but if it is not deleted, it is the schedule which leaves this way.
Furthermore, that it does not do, we ask the behavior such that the file which is published here is distributed in auction and the like.
2007/01/28 NJ"

mikebeaver
February 8th, 2007, 00:17
wow, i thought NJ had finished production of this project and moved on to bigger and better things, obviously not, well, congratulations on finding this gem of information Gunntimms0103, glad to see its not dead and burried, and am looking forward to playing some WiFi Street fighter vs X-Men :)

darthhaze420
February 8th, 2007, 00:23
do you think this will translate into mvs and cps1 adhoc

Napalm-Death
February 8th, 2007, 00:26
It's great to know that he's still working on it!

Veskgar
February 8th, 2007, 00:26
Oh man this is some good news. With the PSP scene being dominated by PSX Emulation for the past month and a half I was getting depressed about no new updates to other emulators.

Now this news and a new site up with a bunch of new updates.

Needless to say, I am a very happy camper.

Hopefully we can get an accurate translation at some point.

gunntims0103
February 8th, 2007, 00:29
Thanks for the up, bro.

I'll be checking the Adhoc on with a friend this weekend...Can't wait!

Looks like NJ beat MikeDX with his own official Adhoc release.

------ EDIT --------

Hey Gun, The PBP's SFO files read like this:

- CPS2PSP 1.8.3 [Final]

- CPS2PSP 1.8.3 [Adhoc]

Furthermore, it only sez 1.8.4 in the gamelist readme's...

Are these the actual last builds?

these should be the last builds as i took them from the very top of his site which had 1.8.4 as the last update. Again the jap translation is crappy. So i can't really say....

joshisposer
February 8th, 2007, 00:37
So, in all, so-so updates with Adhoc ability separate. Why separate? I want to try this though

hack.fool
February 8th, 2007, 01:14
wooow
good to hear of Nj still at work...
thanks dude!!!

John Vattic
February 8th, 2007, 03:34
Dude! Adhoc! ;D

tyranos
February 8th, 2007, 03:38
someone already tried the adhoc option !????

walliester
February 8th, 2007, 03:40
How do we use the adhoc mode , i mean theres no instructions in how to use it or do it ,does any body knows.we got acouple of psp 3.10 oe-a'and we want to try it out .....

siulmagic
February 8th, 2007, 03:46
cant wait to try this

hmm rom convertor is not converting ld games that i have that work with the last cps2 will keep trying

Anima229
February 8th, 2007, 03:52
I keep getting this error at the converter "Error:rominfo.cps2 not found",Yet the rominfo.cps2 file is right there alongside the converter......

siulmagic
February 8th, 2007, 04:11
if im not mistaken its the rom thats not compatible with the emu so it gives you that error you need the roms that are on the gamelist_cps2.txt file that list tells you the ones that will work

Anima229
February 8th, 2007, 04:17
That's strange since all my other roms worked on the 1.30 and 1.66 converters,I guess i'll check the text file....

shedeus
February 8th, 2007, 04:56
how do you turn on adhoc? cant figure it out between my psps

Understandable
February 8th, 2007, 06:16
Where u select a game instad of pressing circle to start the game u press square, It will say the name of the game+ad hoc

shedeus
February 8th, 2007, 06:49
adhoc is pretty buggy at best, crashes often. but when it does work, god its brilliant

ACID
February 8th, 2007, 07:32
Great to see a legend of the brew back in action.

vinnom27
February 8th, 2007, 08:05
my update is blury, how do i fix that

b8a
February 8th, 2007, 09:51
That page is freaking huge, so please forgive me for not wanting to translate the whole thing right now! However, there were deffinitely a few points that caught me as noteworthy:

...Please understand that this does not mean that I plan to continue PSP development.

Although I don't think there's much demand for it, I've decided to merge the source code for NCDZPSP as well so I think I'll update one more time.

-(CPS2PSP ver.1.8.3)

There is no 1.8.4 source. I'll be merging the four emulators and releasing them at a later date, so please wait until then.

It is recomended that the AdHoc version be used with CFW 3.03OE-C or later. For other firmwares, either change to a 333MHz compatible wlan.prx or drop the clock to 222MHz

Although I won't be updating this page, as long as it is not deleted I do plan on leaving it here.

Concerning the AdHoc usage... From the readme:

1.8.1 (AdHoc)
-I had been waiting for MikeDX, but as it looks like there's been no progress there I went ahead and gave a try at rewriting the entire process that I wrote as a test for CPS2PSP.
As a standard, please use it with 333MHz enabled CFW 3.03 OE-C. It looks like it it pretty much runs at close to 60fps but, it's lacking in stability when freezes and such occur, so anyone with the confidence in their abilities, please feel free to fix the code.

Since the AdHoc communication itself is exceedingly heavy, it only checks for input once every two frames. (it wouldn't be impossible to perform a check every frame, but with the fact that the frame rate would become unstable, along with the results of searching for a methoud to stabilize communication losses, this is what I ended up doing)

Bellow are the controls, etc

Start: In the file browser, select a game by pressing the square button and it'll launch in AdHoc mode. As for the server settings and what-not, I think you'll get it when you see them, so I'll refrain from explaining.

End: Force disconnection with L TRIGGER + R TRIGGER + START + SELECT
(this changed with 1.8.3, so please read the changed points from 1.8.3.)

In the event that it freezes, please end it by holding the power switch up.

It's setup so that the menu doesn't open during AdHoc play, so please change the screen size settings and button configuration beforehand after a normal launch. The CPS2 service menu settings are sent to the client side when the AdHoc communication is initialized. This is also changable during AdHoc communication.

You can not use any of the extra features such as saving screen shots and save/load states.

Also, during AdHoc communication, the options below are fixed.
Raster Effects ON
Video Sync OFF
Aufo Frameskip OFF
Frameskip 0
Show FPS OFF
60fps Speed Limit ON
Sound Enable YES
Sample Rate 22050Hz
Controller Server: Player 1, Client: Player 2

Additionally, after AdHoc communication, EEPROM data is only saved on the server's side. The client side does not save this.

-------------------------------------------------
1.8.3 (AdHoc)

-Once again adjusted the AdHoc processing.
-Changed the product ID that is used in matching to a string that does not compete with others.
-Added a pause function (AdHoc only). Accordingly, the disconnect function has also been changed. Pressing START + SELECT during game play will display a dialog which applies pause, and you'll be able to select either "Return to game" or "Disconnect". Also, the dialog is also displayed on the opponent's screen, but the only one who can control it is the side that executed the pause.
-Changed it so that it attempts a forced disconnect if the AdHoc communication has been interrupted for more than 30 seconds.

For the mac users out there, I'll be updating the MacX_romcnv backends as soon as NJ releases the converter code.

NJ: Thanks for continuing to hack away at these! You have my eternal gratitude for the work you've put into making ALL of these emulators all that they can be. m(__)m

Ennohex
February 8th, 2007, 09:51
Happy to see NJ is back. I'm so hoping he'll try this emulation on a ps2.

Baboon
February 8th, 2007, 10:27
Yes yes... NJ delivers the goods once again! :)

Finaly mulitplayer battles on marvel vs capcom!

Cheers NJ. :)

MikeDX
February 8th, 2007, 11:26
Nice work NJ

I'm going to have to release my sources now, but my version is old compared to this.

Work + family life = not much psp stuff..

jurkevicz
February 8th, 2007, 15:27
Great Release, glad to see bootleg support back on CPS1 games!

tsurumaru
February 8th, 2007, 16:07
Thanks B8a you're a star.

There's probably one extra point worth mentioning that I don't think is immediately obvious. The CPS2 emulator has incorporated the latest MAME changes following the cracking of the CPS2 algorithm so that the XOR tables should no longer be required for the roms to run (except Super Puzzle Fighter II). Hopefully this will simplify the overall process required to get the roms up and running (and very marginally cut down on the rom size).

aries2k4
February 8th, 2007, 17:08
Cool, Nj is back. got to try adhoc.
great news!!!

siulmagic
February 8th, 2007, 21:21
i still cant convert my games evry game i try it dosent want to convert it 0o

Anima229
February 8th, 2007, 22:04
I'm having the same problem......

jurkevicz
February 9th, 2007, 16:26
So does Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition work now?

Johnny10
February 11th, 2007, 01:25
The video on this latest version doesn't appear to work properly. Everything was working properly with 1.66 and I installed this one, which was labeled 1.84 (but identified itself as 1.83) and now the letters are all doubled up (meaning each letter of a word seems to show up twice in any text, the fonts appear to be messed up also and the graphics appear to have similar problems). It does run and the roms appear to work, but there appear to be significant graphic problems.

My PSP is running Dark Alex's 3.03oe-c firmware and I haven't had this problem before (I just checked 1.66 and it works fine). I thought the problem might be the ini file and I deleted and let 1.83/4 regenerate and I still had the same problem.

Anybody else having similar problems? Any fixes?

SmashinGit
February 11th, 2007, 07:41
If you get the blurry problem just convert your roms again with the converter included in the download.

Mutation+
February 11th, 2007, 11:48
This emu 's an awesome work.

Btw, is it possible to get 8 ways D-Pad ctrl : between up & left, between left & down, between right & down, between right & up, up, down, left & right ?
Coz I know the 4 main ways 're defined as :
PSP_CTRL_UP
PSP_CTRL_DOWN
PSP_CTRL_LEFT
PSP_CTRL_RIGHT
But nothing about the 4 others to make QCF more easily in fighting games such as HSF2.

I dunno how to contact NJ, but SamuraiX seems to know him.

Thx guys.

oninotsume
February 11th, 2007, 13:25
I'm running 3.03 O-E and I can't get this to work either. It always comes up with the can't load rom name.zip or something like that. I know I'm using the right rom set. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Johnny10
February 12th, 2007, 04:16
If you get the blurry problem just convert your roms again with the converter included in the download.

Recreating the cache files fixed the video problems (should have thought of that myself). Thanks.

oninotsume
February 12th, 2007, 04:25
I figured out the problem.
I was using PBP Brew to copy the files over to my PSP, it just wasn't taking the other files with it, that's why I kept getting an error. Got to be careful, huh :D

soad825
February 18th, 2007, 03:29
WTF do i do the read me is in crazy characters i don't read crazy.!!!!!!!!

pkmaximum
February 18th, 2007, 03:48
Arggg Soad I though NJ came back and updated his emulator, by seeing this thread revived. There is a new version out its called 2.0 maybe you should check it out.

SilviaS14
February 18th, 2007, 06:17
how do you convet...i dont know how...

and i am using a Mac.

does this matter?

b8a
February 18th, 2007, 12:50
how do you convet...i dont know how...

and i am using a Mac.

does this matter?
Yeah, for the Mac (OS X), you'll need to get the converters from this thread: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52962

Their usage should be self-explanatory, but please post in that thread if you have any problems and I'll help you out.

pspruler
March 10th, 2007, 23:10
Im getting an error in the converter of one of
the cps2psp emulators saying "rominfo.cps2 not found"

I have the Marvel vs Capcom
US (980123) which the readme shows
its compatibile, whats wrong?