PDA

View Full Version : VSH Analog Revision B

Insomniac197
February 8th, 2007, 01:08
VSH Analog Revision B

Changes:
- Analog stops working after using some VSH options (FIXED)
- Analog/D-pad messed up when using VSH options that actually use analog (FIXED)
- Added option to enable/disable the button swap in VSH
- Added short message displaying current status when enabled/disabled
- HOLD key will stop analog movement
- Added a power tick to keep PSP awake

This plugin allows use of the analog stick for movement in the VSH.
Analog will function as D-pad, and D-pad as analog.

To install:

Place in the SEPLUGINS folder on your memory stick
Add the path to vsh.txt
Enable the plugin through the recovery menu

To enable/disable the analog and D-pad swap, press the vol+ and vol- buttons at the same time. You will get a short message telling you if the plugin is enabled or disabled.

Known issues:

When launching items from the game menu on non 3.10 OE firmwares, the PSP will crash. Unable to fix as this is not an error on my part. Only 3.10 OE is fully supported.

MaTiAz - For the idea while we were chatting on IRC
TyRaNiD - The code for hooking functions is from psplink
The people who tested this on 3.03 OE for me.

gunntims0103
February 8th, 2007, 01:14
Nice Insomniac197! :)

I really want to learn to write plugins of my own.... :(

Great work.

joshisposer
February 8th, 2007, 02:09
THis is really cool. I like how you switched the d-pad and analog. I am going to try this in a game, maybe.

joesnose
February 8th, 2007, 03:10
thanks alot, i rename it to lftv_plugin.prx and flash it to nodule, then access it by choosing location free on the xmb, this way it doesnt matter which MS i have inserted.

joshisposer
February 8th, 2007, 03:36
That's good thinking. I'm not going to do that, but that should be put as a side note to actually flash it if you like it enough. hopefully you backed up your old one if some problems show up.

darthclone
February 8th, 2007, 03:48
does it work for oe c

kcajblue
February 8th, 2007, 05:10
it says it should work but "Only 3.10 OE is fully supported"

mnuhaily22
February 8th, 2007, 08:48
Cool, nice release...
EDIT: I know i'm late now, but I just tried it, and it is freakin amazing, I love it...

d_ciel
February 8th, 2007, 10:50
This plugin's great!! My only wish is to see the battery parameter in vsh more accurate

sedkiller
February 8th, 2007, 20:17
to switch you press the left and right buttons of the music (speaker volume (-+)).

zesensei
February 9th, 2007, 08:20
Hello,
Does this mean that by activating this plugin analog and d-ad are changed? Even in UMD game?
In other words: Does anyone try to play Darkstalker (f*** D-pad) with this plugin, to play with analog stick?
Does it work?
Could we use this plugin in game.txt?

sedkiller
February 9th, 2007, 19:59
dint tryed yet in game.. try it out and tell us your results ! But in xmb menu, it works and yes it changes the d-pad for the analog.

zesensei
February 9th, 2007, 21:02
That's the prob: if I change my Firmware into 3.10 (for the plugin) I will have problems with some pal psx games (speed problems).
What would make me change my firmware would be that this plugin works for umd (this umd will keep me enrtaining enough to wait for a fix on psx game speed).
No answer: no firmware change as it's not tested enough.

zesensei
February 11th, 2007, 17:01
Sorry for the double post.
I've try it and it works even in game (if you put in game.txt and activate it by the recovery mode, of course).
Darkstalker become an awesome game with it.

balleron24z
February 20th, 2007, 05:04
i have 3.03 oe-c and i used this plugin on it and it works wonderfully!!!! the ONLY problem i had was that anything running on 1.5 kernel would cause the psp to freeze. using 3.03 kernel it loads fine :) which is good. but very nice prx!!!

stJimmy
February 20th, 2007, 06:05
I wonder if this works in bochs to control the mouse......

XpspX
March 11th, 2007, 13:35
Wow, limitations on OE-C my ass. This is awesome. And I can confirm it works in game too. I always hated playing tony hawk project 8 with d pad. :D great work insomniac.
But, the only problem is in game analog works as dpad and old analog functions at the same time.

EmO.KiD
May 13th, 2007, 22:46
Hey im a Noob and i cant find:
the SEPLUGINS folder on your memory stick
or vsh.txt
i have 3.40oe
Help?

CaptainMorgan4
May 13th, 2007, 23:08
Emo.Kid you have to make a SEPlugins folder yourself, and make a VSH.txt yourself. Anyway yeah this is a great plugin, but I really started liking it AFTER I found out you can switch back and forwth with the pushing both volume buttons.

Buddy4point0
May 13th, 2007, 23:24
this is great, thanks man. and sedkiller your siggard is too biggard

EmO.KiD
May 14th, 2007, 15:43
sorry guys still confuzed... where do i save the file? in flash0 or flash1 or regularness? cause its not working in any and yes i put the VSH.txt file and the .prx file and in the VSH.txt it has written( ms0:/seplugins/vshanalog.prx ) what IN HELL am i dooing wrong?

EmO.KiD
May 14th, 2007, 15:51
SOrry 2 dubble post but i thought u should also know im using 3.40oe if that makes a difference...

EmO.KiD
May 14th, 2007, 19:11
Sorry for tripple post but how du create ur own thred?

jason215
May 14th, 2007, 19:36
lol u have a edit button you know

EmO.KiD
May 14th, 2007, 20:48
Oh sure laugh at the noob...

EmO.KiD
May 14th, 2007, 20:51
sorry guys still confuzed... where do i save the file? in flash0 or flash1 or regularness? cause its not working in any and yes i put the VSH.txt file and the .prx file and in the VSH.txt it has written( ms0:/seplugins/vshanalog.prx ) what IN HELL am i dooing wrong?

so anyone interested in helping???? anyone?

CaptainMorgan4
May 14th, 2007, 22:00
Yeah I'll help you, god. Alright first of all don't save it into flash, go to the root of your memory stick (where PSP, MP_ROOT, etc). Then create a fodler here called "SEPlugins". Then throw the .prx file (this plugin your asking about) in there and then make a VSH.txt using Notepad and throw that file in there too. Just type in "ms0:/seplugins/VSHAnalog.prx" (change the following :/seplugins/________.prx for each plugin you want to try in the future). Also make sure the .pxr file your downloading is spelled like the above one (VSHAnalog.prx). Enjoy the plugin after you enable it by turning your PSP on while holding the R-trigger, bringing up the recovery menu. After you bring that up you go to plugins and enable it, good luck and your WELCOME.

EmO.KiD
May 14th, 2007, 22:13
Thanks Captain i followed ur instructions BUT STILL am not getting anything in the Recovarymode plugins secion... just the back buttun.... have i disabled sumthing? or dun sumthing wrong? GRRR this is retarded...

CaptainMorgan4
May 23rd, 2007, 04:31
Hold R after restarting the PSP that will bring you to the recovery mode.

nights777
October 28th, 2007, 16:26
Any chance someone could upgrade this for 3.71 M33-2?

CaptainMorgan4
October 29th, 2007, 00:36
Yeah really I would love to see this plugin be tweaked so it will work with 3.71-2 M33, it's a great plugin and probably won't take too much work to get it fixed.

CaptainMorgan4
January 20th, 2008, 07:28
I would really like to see this plugin updated to work on say 3.80 M33, does anyone know how to get into contact with Insomniac197 or where to find him? I've sent him a PM and have looked for places to find him and to no avail, can anyone help me his records don't show any recent activity.