PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo closes Nintendo Power

wraggster
February 8th, 2007, 16:38
It's a sad day for Nintendo fans, as the Kyoto games giant has announced the closure of Nintendo Power, the Super Famicom and Game Boy store download service previously available in Japan. Phew...

The Nintendo Power service allowed Japanese gamers to download various Super Famicom and Game Boy games onto special flash RAM cartridges, via shop download kiosks - and due to their single-state nature piracy wasn't much of a problem either.

A similar service for the Nintendo 64, 'iQue' was launched in China in 2003.

Various classics such as Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and Kirby's Dream Course were available on the service, but download kiosks (the ones left anyway) needed to attain the ROMs are now being dragged out of Japanese stores and taken to the big Shibuya corner shop in the sky.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=157280)

ZelosXT
February 8th, 2007, 17:30
at first I thought it was the Mag, thank god it was not, however i fell sorry for the ppl who used it.

ExcruciationX
February 8th, 2007, 19:24
at first I thought it was the Mag, thank god it was not, however i fell sorry for the ppl who used it.
Yeah, so did I.

I have written to the magazine on several occasions (N64 days). :)

Yobumtin
February 8th, 2007, 19:54
Yeaaah I just subscribed to NP. I was about to check in if I could get my money back. :|

ZelosXT
February 8th, 2007, 21:14
the thing i like about NP is every time i renew my subscribien (sorry can't spell) I get a free gift.