PDA

View Full Version : HMV pulls £625 PS3-PSP bundle

wraggster
February 8th, 2007, 16:39
UK games retailer HMV has pulled its plans to allow gamers to pre-order PS3 only if they agree to buy a bundle that included a PSP for a whopping £625.

HMV had said that anyone who takes advantage of the offer will get priority over other customers when it comes to buying a PS3. But after the outrage that followed, the company has changed its mind. Funny that...

Computeract!ve received this statement from HMV: "Now that we've been able to confirm our level of PS3 stock with Sony, we're in a position to revise our original online offer. We will therefore be writing imminently to all the customers who have indicated that they wish to make the dual purchase to advise them that they can now pre-order the PS3 console by itself, if they prefer."

Yes, we prefer.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=157304)

Shrygue
February 8th, 2007, 16:45
This is brilliant news to hear! Being able to get just the PlayStation 3 console on its own is so much better than being forced to get a PSP with it.

sillypig
February 8th, 2007, 17:27
What is good is that HMV has realised that it is the people that hold the power.

Basing there decision on stock is BS as we all know Sony delayed Euro launch to make more PS3's.

Maybe not that many Pre-ordered like Christmas money is all gone and tax months due.
Worst launch date ever.

muffinman
February 8th, 2007, 18:39
lol my local import store just emailed me and called me.

Any preorders they recieve before febuary the 19th can be ganrateed a day one console.
So soy is giving them as many as they need.... upto a point.

http://www.freeswapshop.co.uk/

there store numbers are on there if anyone lives near lakeside/romford

Shrygue
February 8th, 2007, 19:00
Hmm, Freeswapshop... now that's interesting to hear. Maybe I'll see about visting the Lakeside or Romford store sometime.

muffinman
February 9th, 2007, 07:44
yh the actual shops are called thatz etertainment. I'm going to down lakeside one though because the staff are really friendly and actually know what they're on about :p

edit: i forgot to to say they ask a £25. Not as bad as the £100 hmv wanted off me plus im garanteed one this way :P