PDA

View Full Version : 3D modeling programs... Which one?

J_Villa1983
February 9th, 2007, 17:32
I'm new to 3D modeling and I'm starting to play with OpenGL. What 3D modeling program would be best to use for the dreamcast? There are many of them (3ds Max, Maya, Blender, etc..), and I just want to make sure I buy/use/learn the right one.

kohan69
February 11th, 2007, 22:12
i recommend 3dsmax 4, there is no single 'dreamcast comptible' program since it's not the hardware but the software (game engine) that determines the format of 3d models.

With any current opensource engines available, i'd suggest keeping the poly count relatively low.

J_Villa1983
February 12th, 2007, 16:01
I tried looking for 3dsmax 4 and i'm not finding anywhere to buy it. Is there a place to buy it or is there another program thats well suited for creating low count polygons that will work well with the dreamcast? I already tried e-bay.. and i'm not looking to use a torrent to get it either. Any suggestion is most welcome! :)

>>there is no single 'dreamcast comptible' program since it's not the hardware but the software(game engine) that determines the format of 3d >>models.

I know but I guess i'm looking to keep standard with everyone else so that if I have a question I can ask with confidence that i'm not asking about an obscure product that no one uses.

arqueiro
April 11th, 2007, 16:54
you can you blender that is a free program www.blender3d.org