PDA

View Full Version : PS Vita Hacking - ARK eCFW for the UNO exploit

wraggster
January 14th, 2013, 23:42
via http://wololo.net/2013/01/12/ps-vita-release-ark-ecfw-for-the-uno-exploit/

The PRO team (the people behind the PRO Custom Firmware, probably the most popular piece of software of the PSP scene these days) are back with a huge release: a PSP CFW for the Vita, running on the recently revealed UNO exploit. Codename: ARK

If you’ve been using the UNO exploit, ARK is basically an alternative to Total_Noob’s CEF. At the core, ARK is a port of Pro CFW to the PS Vita, and seems to bring features that might be lacking in CEF. In particular, the Readme emphasizes the following:

Features
•PSX game support (soundless so far, our sound plugin is too glitchy for public use at the moment)
•ISO/CSO game support
•NoDRM Engine for decrypted dlc playback
•MS-SpeedBoost (most noticable on games like soul calibur)
•Stargate Game Patches (fixes several anti-cfw games)
•Customizable Main Menu
•Plugin support
•Recovery support
•ISO-cache support (speed up ISO gaming)

Some of you might remember a leak of some of Coldbird’s work a few months ago, which led him to leave the scene. ARK is the project that was leaked back then (although the leak was encrypted, and therefore not usable), and that the Pro team decided to release today. I assume the decision was taken a while ago, but porting the existing work to the new firmware 2.02 might have taken some time.

Although I haven’t tried this specific build, I was lucky enough to try early builds of the ARK project a few months ago, and overall I was impressed. Coldbird left the scene while he was in the middle of bringing sound support to PS1 games, so it is unclear if the sound plugin for PS1 will ever see the light of day, but independently of that, I am pretty sure ARK brings a nice new option to those of you looking for alternatives to CEF.

Download Attached