PDA

View Full Version : Licks Media Player Alpha 4

wraggster
February 11th, 2007, 00:56
Lucas (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12369&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30) has updated LMP (Licks Media Player) to a new version Alpha 4:

Heres whats new:

Many new features! Hope I remember everything, here it goes:
Ogg Vorbis decoding support
FLAC decoding support (but not FLAC in OGG container)
Soft-volume control
Progress bar
Seeking support
Hold button (select)
Control with L/R buttons when lid is closed
Gapless playback
I've removed support for .wav files. It was there mainly for debugging (doubt anyone really uses it), and I've removed as part of the rewrite of the ARM9 sound code.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

TeenDev
February 11th, 2007, 02:36
im glad this works perfectly now, but i have no need for it any more cuz i got a 2nd Generation iPod Nano yesterday for my birthday

talesyuan
February 11th, 2007, 04:47
cool~~
but still some bugs...
hoping next version~~
^o^

Dom29
February 11th, 2007, 19:32
what kind of carts have you guys got, ive got an ordinary supercard SD and i put the slot two version on it and it starts up and i can see it but it doesnt get past the loading screen any ideas?

tufferred
February 11th, 2007, 20:36
It does that for me too and i have a max media player

speedster85258
February 13th, 2007, 02:29
:( i know same here i wish someone could reply I really wanted it to work..:(

and i have a max media player

Sigma83
February 13th, 2007, 03:20
Ooops, meant to post in other thread.

toymin80r
February 13th, 2007, 22:35
it works with mmd/p im not sure if you needed to patch it though, ive only tried alpha 1.

Jan-H
February 19th, 2007, 17:29
I've patched the player with m3sd.dldi and max Media Dock but there's still standing Starting... :confused:
Please help me!
P.S.: I've got a M3 DS Simply

Jan-H
February 19th, 2007, 20:35
I've searched the web and found a old version of the player.

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/234684/LMP.zip

This is running but it can't find my files :-( .

TeenDev
February 19th, 2007, 21:55
this isn't a DLDI compatible app, guys. It doesn't use Chishm's libFAT

toymin80r
February 19th, 2007, 22:21
this isn't a DLDI compatible app, guys. It doesn't use Chishm's libFAT

na, it works with mmd DLDI, trust me, ive tried it and it works by patching it just like the older version.

TeenDev
February 19th, 2007, 23:15
na, it works with mmd DLDI, trust me, ive tried it and it works by patching it just like the older version.

the older version wasn't DLDI either. It worked nativly on almost everything including MMD

DanTheManMS
February 20th, 2007, 00:29
Ya know, if you had checked the actual GBAdev thread that this topic links to, you would have found this sentence in the first post:

both are compiled with libfat DLDI, so you can patch if your flashcart does not work out of the box.

I don't think it had DLDI support when Lick was still working on it, but it certainly does now.

Jan-H
February 20th, 2007, 13:36
But where's the mistake ? In my Ds or in the app?
Or is it because my M3 Simply ? Where is the error, if it doesn't find my files.

P.S.: Sorry for my very bad English, because I'm a German...

DanTheManMS
February 21st, 2007, 01:20
Don't patch with the Max Media DLDI file. Just use the M3 Simply patch.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what's wrong.

Jan-H
February 21st, 2007, 15:10
It's running!!!! Thanks @ all

mkdss
March 30th, 2007, 14:02
Hi im new here but i downloaded the older version of lmp and it loads but then just freezes!

Somebody plz help me! :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(

DanTheManMS
March 31st, 2007, 01:10
Why not try the newer versions? And have you tried patching with DLDI?

voteforpedro36
March 31st, 2007, 01:35
I think I have this dl'd on my computer, I'll try it natively with the MMD then with a patch.
It worked after a DLDI patch and a swift kick in the ass. But turns out I was using Alpha 2, so gonna get the new one right about now...

wiggy fuzz
June 27th, 2007, 15:44
beautiful! just plain beautiful!

ever since apple updated the ipod so it doesn't support drag and drop i just put it on the back burner, and the green ipod nano didn't help either... (i traded it in for a new DS, in fact)

just wanted to ask which is the latest version and the run-down of what it can do, what it can't and all

thanks in advance

DanTheManMS
June 27th, 2007, 19:53
It's just a clone, so all it does is play music, no videos or album art or anything, though you can apply skins. You can visit the official website to find the latest download.

wiggy fuzz
June 28th, 2007, 12:17
cool. erm, a question - if i wanted to change stuff, like change the colour of the charging bar (couldn't think of anything beter to change) how would i go about doing it? i looked at Lucas's page and there was source codes down - but being a total noob who is willing to learn from scratch i thought "hmm... interesting"

AaronRocksG
July 10th, 2007, 20:27
haha. he can do gapless playbakc, but creative can't. thats sad lol

randomtornado
October 23rd, 2007, 19:40
Hmm... I have Datel's Games n' Music and all I ahve to say is that this is perfect for it. It has better quality than the gnm's mp3 player. I love it! Hopin for a new realease... maybe a smoother interface would be nice.

some_guy_named_matt
December 4th, 2007, 05:16
hmmm.... different colors maybe? =D

[Matt]

coiler
January 18th, 2008, 20:48
cheers pal its great once you iron out a few bits it will be very popular . cheers im well happy with it