PDA

View Full Version : Python

ShoShoKid
February 11th, 2007, 04:21
Would it be possible to use Python to program a game on Dreamcast?:confused: I am just curious as it supports WindowsCE.

J_Villa1983
February 11th, 2007, 07:05
I really dont think it would and heres why.. To my recollection in order to use WinCE on the dreamcast you need to use the libraries included with the Katana Devkit. I dont think distrobution of files made from the devkit, unless its ordained by SEGA themselves, is not legal. Thats the reason why many people skip using the devkit and use KallistiOS for deving (not only that but my reason for not getting a dev kit up until now was that its hard to get one with all the cds and documentation included).

Thats not saying that I think it wouldn't work.. I think it would. Just I don't think WinCE would be the best "legal" way to do it.

-JV

ShoShoKid
February 11th, 2007, 07:20
Thanks for the reply, sort of sucks about the windows CE thing. We might have more coders in the scene if it was readily available.

J_Villa1983
February 11th, 2007, 12:54
well.. look dont go completely by what I say. I'm just returning to the boards after a long hiatus and I'm mostly a C and Java Coder myself. So python isn't one of my main concerns when it comes to programming. I would wait for a few more repllys before i'd completely give up hope on using python on the dreamcast. But I can tell you that the way you described probably wouldn't work for legality reasons.

-JV

ShoShoKid
February 11th, 2007, 22:53
All hope, if Python can be used on PS2, and PSP I am sure it can be used with Dreamcast.