PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or a 360?

Kramer
February 11th, 2007, 17:55
Which console should I go for give me all the reasons you have got because I cant decide.

Shadowblind
February 11th, 2007, 18:19
As if there is even a comparison, get Xbox 360. Xbox Live is unrivaled, there is a huge line-up of great games coming. Also, there are world acclaimed games out for it such as Gears of War and soon Halo 3. Xbox Arcade is also awesome with many choices of classic and new games, most all online.

SSaxdude
February 11th, 2007, 18:25
Sony is evil, get the Xbox 360. Also I've heard Live is eons ahead of the Playstation Network.

JKKDARK
February 11th, 2007, 18:29
Xbox 360, of course. Plus there are few exclusive games for PS3 (since various games were for the xbox 360 now). Better internet service :)

Kramer
February 11th, 2007, 19:17
Yeah I know the 360 is best now but what do you guys think in a year or two, because im not buying both.

joshisposer
February 11th, 2007, 19:55
Playstation 3 definitely for long terms. I believe the ps3 will last into the next generation for the fact that blu-ray is getting bigger and they already have 1080p. I mean, blu-ray right now can be up to 200 gigs and they are using 50 at most. I mean, if you are looking for longer term, better graphics, compatibility, games that are better than the 360's, etc. get the ps3.
No question about it.

Shadowblind
February 11th, 2007, 19:58
Sony is dying. 360 all the way. Im sorry to say, but comparisons to the PS3 and Xbox have shown that the PS3 has bad BGs and good texture and Xbox has good BG, mediocre texture(except on HD, perfect texture) and good detailing.

yaustar
February 11th, 2007, 20:02
360. At the moment, PS3 is offering anything different from the 360 that warrants the extra money both in services or games.

darthclone
February 11th, 2007, 20:25
xbox 360 just becouse you dont have to own other microsoft products in order to get the most out of it also xbox has exclusove that will only go to xbox {{{ now if they get a xbox 360 emu on ps3 then im getting a ps3 but till then no way so ny ...}}}

BrooksyX
February 12th, 2007, 04:40
Get a Xbox 360, here are my reasons why:

*Better exclusive Titles: (Halo3, GOW, & many others)
*Many PS3 exclusives are coming to the 360 (Metal Gear Solid 4)
*Xbox Live
*Price
*10 X more 360s then PS3s have been sold so more people to play with.

*HALO 3!!! (this is a good enough reason to get a 360)

JKKDARK
February 12th, 2007, 04:51

Don't forget Guitar Hero and Final Fantasy

Kramer
February 12th, 2007, 04:52
yeah Ive made up my mind and im going with the 360, lol I dont even really know why the decision was so hard.

Shadowblind
February 12th, 2007, 05:06
You've made the right choice :) Get Gears of War, Xbox Live, and tell me your Gamer Tag!

Kramer
February 12th, 2007, 05:25
Yeah I wont have one for about a month, just bought a samsung 27" LCD so I have no money lol.

BrooksyX
February 12th, 2007, 05:42
You should wait and see when the new Xbox 360 is coming out. I would be pretty mad if a better 360 came out a month after I just bought one for the same.

Kramer
February 12th, 2007, 05:51
Theres a new xbox 360 coming out?

What new features does it have?

VampDude
February 12th, 2007, 09:55
Theres a new xbox 360 coming out?

What new features does it have?

HDMI-port!

Darksaviour69
February 12th, 2007, 10:15
thats only a rumour at this stage,

Kramer
February 12th, 2007, 10:19
Probably not worth waiting for seeing as though I only have one Hdmi input and it's not going to make the visual quality much better.

Shadowblind
February 12th, 2007, 15:50
I still have an original 360, so it freezes every 25 minutes....I need to get a new one, but we dont have the money. Dont buy used.

S34MU5
February 12th, 2007, 15:54
Get 360

Im getting a PS3, so i can sell it to get a 360 and some extra dosh. :p

Darksaviour69
February 12th, 2007, 16:00
I bought my used at GAME, its comes with a years grantee.

Kramer
February 12th, 2007, 16:24
Yeah im just going to save up until I can buy it brand new with a game or two, most likely GOW and a good racing game.

oobymach
February 20th, 2007, 00:39
360 if you like a better looking game and playing with others across the globe. Ps3 if you like homebrew and sony technology. Just remember, in the battle of vhs and betamax, sony's beta lost.

I got the pro 360, wireless controller, hd, plus 3 games, kameo, project gotham 3 and some tom clancy horribleness. Why do people insist on making "team" shooters. It's akin to the mmorpg and is destroying a once awesome genre. Mmorpg's and group shooters should be burned.

360 uses less voltage, and has the best graphics of both systems. Ps3 has about 1/8 to 1/5 the power of the 360.

My buddy has a ps3 and he has linux on the hd as well as some homebrew. Both are good choices but it all depends on what you like.

Ps3 will likely have more rpg's but 360 offers a more realistic gaming experience. Shooters, racing, sports all look better on 360.

Oh yeah, Grand Theft Auto 4 hits 360 first. That and Halo 3 should keep you busy until your eyes melt after global warming fully kicks in.

woods05
February 23rd, 2007, 05:48
I would get an Xbox 360 before PS3. The xbox 360 has games like Halo and Gears of War. Xbox 360 is less expensive also.

PS3's dont sell very much higher than MSRP on eBay anymore. Sometimes even lower.

rebuiltearth
March 2nd, 2007, 17:22
Go for PS3, honestly I have both and the PS3 is far, far better. Its more well rounded for media and games, not just games like the 360.

Added to that, the PS3 has technology that will have it being a high end game system for far longer than the 360. The internal technology is so advanced, current games are only using a very small percentage of the processor power.

The games that are 360 exclusive, yeah a few are good, but not as good as the ps3 exclusives that will be coming out later on.

And if you're considering homebrew as well, ps3 will be much more capable.

Simply put, if you want whats great right at this moment, get a 360, but if you want something thats good now and will be amazing in the future, go for the ps3. Its a much more worthwhile investment.

Tomlo
March 4th, 2007, 10:11
There is no point in buying either at the moment, basically sony is getting rocked at the moment losing all its market share to microsoft and nintendo and loosing all 3rd party support so until they "fix" things they will not be for mainstream which is why the earlier systems were popular. The 360 however is a fine console but suffers from a few design problems which will be fixed in a new version of the console that will arrive soon, its most logical to wait for the new version.

I personally cannot see sony breaking even with the ps3 even if they decide to redesign it, they have been losing money majorly and the consoles are collecting dust on store shelves.

I tried to keep a un-biased opinion but sony's dilema this is rather grim at the moment.

Kramer
March 4th, 2007, 10:37
Im getting a 360 mainly for it's online gaming, which is meant to be unbeatable.

Im getting it this week when I have some free time, cant wait:D

Gold Line
March 4th, 2007, 11:55
nintendo wii

Kramer
March 4th, 2007, 12:33
nintendo wii

Huh:confused:

I got one, I just feel the need for some good online games except for PSP:p

Lan_d
March 29th, 2007, 13:28
Go for PS3, honestly I have both and the PS3 is far, far better. Its more well rounded for media and games, not just games like the 360.

Added to that, the PS3 has technology that will have it being a high end game system for far longer than the 360. The internal technology is so advanced, current games are only using a very small percentage of the processor power.

The games that are 360 exclusive, yeah a few are good, but not as good as the ps3 exclusives that will be coming out later on.

And if you're considering homebrew as well, ps3 will be much more capable.

Simply put, if you want whats great right at this moment, get a 360, but if you want something thats good now and will be amazing in the future, go for the ps3. Its a much more worthwhile investment.

all of what you said above just gos to show how well sonys marketing really works

1. the ps3's internal tecnology is NOT so advanced the processor have 1 useful core for gaming and the other 7 are useless for gaming due to the fact there designed for vector processing in parallel/streaming and number crunching, the 360 has 3 useful general cpu cores for gaming and that just happens to be the reason for its small amount of used processor power cus to be honest its useless for gaming

2. the gpu is no better than the xbox 360's and from what ive seen in 9/10 circumstances the games look worse on the ps3

3. the ps3 has no hardware scaler chip and therefore has problems scaling certain games to 1080i (as promised)

4. the total system bandwith on the ps3 is 48gb/s wheras the xbox 360 has 270+gb/s that means tht the total system bandwith on the ps3 isnt even enough to satisfy the gpu at full load

all in all this adds up2 another target that has been fallen short by sony i would like to congratulate them on lauching a console far too late and being a overpriced piece of s*** and i dont own a xbox 360 before tht crops up i only have my 2 pcs and 2 dreamcasts, i am now waiting on the confirmed xbox 360 elite becausei have seen tht the ps3 is a waste of money

Cap'n 1time
March 30th, 2007, 07:12
Id rather have a 3rd dreamcast.... no actually i might go with the 360... but only after i had at least once DC :). I'm still struggling myself to find a wii. If i were a tad younger and had more time on my hands I would honestly go with a 360 due to the larger library, the seemingly better 3rd party support (for the moment at least), and the pretty sweet xbox live arcade games, not to mention the tried and true xbox live service. There are some great games on the 360 and there are some interesting upcoming ones too, so there is no sign of them slowing down any time soon either (like the wii seems to be doing for the moment.) If i were you, I would decide based completely on the software and what sort of games interest you. If you base everything on hardware, you might just concider getting something and turn out having a 3 game power brick you never use. Remember, game(S) - (more than one) are what sell a console and what make you proud of your purchase years later.

risenlord
October 1st, 2007, 21:54
how many ps3 compared to xbox 360s have hardware problems its some where around 6 million in losses for microsoft dont quote me though i think ps3 might be more interesting for home programming but 360 is way cheaper and can be externally cooled to solve those pesky heat issues though i would go with ps3 all the way i love my original xbox but ps3 seems more stable in terms of hardware

jessicaroy
October 23rd, 2007, 16:44
360 is good, but I have rather purchased neither 360 nor PS3 but a Wii!! and I am happy about it!

Kramer
October 23rd, 2007, 17:19
LOL old thread bumping noobs!!!

I had a Wii but got bored of it...
I got the 360 and play it pretty much every night and never get bored of it. Cant wait for COD4 to come out:)
The PS3 well just aint worth it really, I might get one if bluray win this stupid format war but im hoping HDDVD win because I could just get the addon for the 360...

iris2008
October 24th, 2007, 07:43
manufacture 4*4, 4*1,4*2, 3*1 HDMI switch,
HDMI Switchers
3x1 and 5x1 , 4*2, 4*4 HDMI Switchers, (V.1.3 with Deep Color) and HDCP compliant

[email protected]
86-0755-82500214
MSN: [email protected]

iris2008
October 24th, 2007, 07:46
manufacture HDMI Converter( VGA TO HDMI, AV TO HDMI, Scart TO HDMI)
-It achieves long-distance transmission of HDMI signal of more than 15 meters
- offers solutions for digital entertainment center
-HDTV retail and show site, HDTV, STB, DVD and Projector factory
-space and security concerns, data center control, information distribution
-conference room presentation, school and corporate training environments
-Easy to Use: Install in seconds, no need for setting
-Conversion: It could convert VGA and audio;or converters HD, YpbPr into complete HDMI.
-HD CP compliant

Kramer
October 24th, 2007, 10:48
Lol now I have spam bot advertisers in my thread:rofl: What's next?

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 13:45
ME! I'm next! I'd go with the 360 just for the awesome games that are for purchase NOW for the system and not next year for the PS3. Or you can take your Wii and hit people in the eye with the remote and say the wrist strap broke. If not I'd stick with the 360 for sure.

WhizzBang
October 24th, 2007, 21:05
I'm surprised this thread is generally so positive about the 360. I have got one and I think it is fairly awful, and given the chance I would have held back and waited for a PS3.
My main complaints about it are
1) It is very noisy. You have to have your tv volume up very loud to cover the noise and this is not always an option if you live in a shared flat
2) Most of the games are rubbish*. This is probably also true of the PS3 at the moment but the only XBox 360 game that I think is truely great is Oblivion which is also on the PS3.
3) It crashes sometimes. Not often but at least once every 2 months or so, and I don't use it every day. I have never owned a console before that would just freeze at random

In it's favour, XBox live is good and there are some very nice cheap games you can get from xbox live. Also, the controller is very nice.

I don't know much about the PS3 so do not know how noisy or liable to crash that is, but I doubt it is as bad as the XBox 360.

*I say this because I am not interested in First Person Shooters much. I find them boring. Halo was nice, but the sequel got boring and the third one looks like more of the same to me.

Shadowblind
October 24th, 2007, 22:49
1) It is very noisy. You have to have your tv volume up very loud to cover the noise and this is not always an option if you live in a shared flat
2) Most of the games are rubbish*. This is probably also true of the PS3 at the moment but the only XBox 360 game that I think is truely great is Oblivion which is also on the PS3.
3) It crashes sometimes. Not often but at least once every 2 months or so, and I don't use it every day. I have never owned a console before that would just freeze at random

In it's favour, XBox live is good and there are some very nice cheap games you can get from xbox live. Also, the controller is very nice.

I don't know much about the PS3 so do not know how noisy or liable to crash that is, but I doubt it is as bad as the XBox 360.

*I say this because I am not interested in First Person Shooters much. I find them boring. Halo was nice, but the sequel got boring and the third one looks like more of the same to me.
1)You must have got one a 5 days before its release. Not sure how, anyway. I got one at release and it is noisy, but not even noisy enough to be noticed.

2) You and Bushnell should be best friends.

3) I've had a new 360 (yep, my first one broke, piece of crap that it was) for about 5 months now with no freezes. The first models were pretty horrible in regard to hardware issues, but the new models are practically flawless.

The PS3 has 2 good exclusives on the horizon (or the universe, seeing the release dates are so freakin' far away). until they get at least 5 good exclusives, my thoughts toward the console are closed.

I mean GOOD exclusives, not just exclusives.

SSaxdude
October 25th, 2007, 02:53
I had a Wii but got bored of it...

Same here; I sold my Wii. I have to admit it was disappointing. But then again I've lost a lot of interest in videogames over the past year. The Wii was only really fun if you play 4 player in Wii Sports or Wii Play. I couldn't find much of a satisfying single player experience. I was looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy, but then again I didn't really care at all for Super Mario Sunshine, so Galaxy could be quite disappointing too. If in a few years the Wii had some good games I missed out on, I will probably be able to pick one up cheap. A lot of my friends also have been bored with their Wiis.

On the other hand, I'm having enough fun with my Xbox 360 and modded PS2 that I'm satisfied. And my Live account has been expired for a while. The games I'm looking forward to are Guitar Hero III, COD4, and a few XBLA games (Rez ftw.)

Oh and how could I forget? Bioshock is one the best games ever.

pibs
October 25th, 2007, 04:37
WhizzBang there is soo many good games that are not shooters and are not expensive in example: beautiful katamari ($40usd New) , viva piņata ($20 New), kameo elements of power ($15usd used), saints row ($30usd New), dead rising ($30usd New), lost planet ($30usd New). its funny cuz some of these games get ported to ps3 and they still charge like $60 for them.

I am so glad I have a 360 and a ps3 but to tell you the truth I mostly use 360 since games or soo cheap for it! If you think 360 is a FPS console u really don't own one or u are clueless of the list of games. Btw resistance was worth getting a ps3 ;)

Cap'n 1time
October 25th, 2007, 06:29
I like my 360.

Kramer
October 25th, 2007, 13:03
Same here; I sold my Wii. I have to admit it was disappointing. But then again I've lost a lot of interest in videogames over the past year. The Wii was only really fun if you play 4 player in Wii Sports or Wii Play. I couldn't find much of a satisfying single player experience. I was looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy, but then again I didn't really care at all for Super Mario Sunshine, so Galaxy could be quite disappointing too. If in a few years the Wii had some good games I missed out on, I will probably be able to pick one up cheap. A lot of my friends also have been bored with their Wiis..

I felt the exact same way it just got boring unless you where playing multiplayer with a couple of friends, I will probably buy it in 2 years or so when it's super cheap and has a few decent games.

I like my 360.

lol good on ya:thumbup:

cal360
October 25th, 2007, 13:06
Get a Xbox 360, here are my reasons why:

*Better exclusive Titles: (Halo3, GOW, & many others)
*Xbox Live
*Price
*10 X more 360s then PS3s have been sold so more people to play with.

*HALO 3!!! (this is a good enough reason to get a 360)

I go with BrooksyX I own an xbox 360 and it's the best console ever nothing can beat Xbox Live and most of the games for the xbo 360 are absolutaly stunning.

WhizzBang
October 26th, 2007, 20:25
WhizzBang there is soo many good games that are not shooters and are not expensive in example: beautiful katamari ($40usd New) , viva piņata ($20 New), kameo elements of power ($15usd used), saints row ($30usd New), dead rising ($30usd New), lost planet ($30usd New).

Well I really enjoyed Katamari on the PS2 but is the Xbox controller as suitable, with both sticks not being parallel, I wonder if it plays as well.

Viva Pinata doesn't really appeal to me.

I have played Kameo at a friends house and did really like that so I will pick that up soon.

I did own Saints Row but I thought was dreadful. One of the worst games I have ever had the misfortune to own and I gave it away to someone who later agreed it was awful.

I had Dead Rising too for a while and that gets boring very quickly once the novelty of using objects from the scenary as weapons wears off.

Shadowblind
October 26th, 2007, 22:13
With FPS, the non-parallel sticks feel like they came from heaven. The second best thing to mouse and keyboard.

JPJunkie
November 1st, 2007, 11:06
I have the same problem

ConkerSquirel
November 7th, 2007, 18:17
Sigh... i dont understand why you guys cry about what console is better... everybody has a diffrent taste you have ppl that hate xbox and PS but love nintendo you have PS lovers that hate xbox and nintendo and same for xbox lovers that hate nintendo and PS put you also have ppl that like everything (like me) i self like any console i like xbox and 360 i like ps 1 2 3 (getting ps3 for cristmass :D) i like nintendo (N64 is my fav console of them all together with 360) and i like pc's (who doenst :cool:) so why discuss about what console is better... every1 has his own taste :)

Ojea i forgot there are also ppl that love psp or ds or whatever portable device :) (i got both psp and DS :)) (yeah yeah i got alot of consoles its true :P)

SSaxdude
November 7th, 2007, 23:22
I felt the exact same way it just got boring unless you where playing multiplayer with a couple of friends, I will probably buy it in 2 years or so when it's super cheap and has a few decent games.
That might be the problem. I don't play videogames with my friends anymore. I have a driver's license now :)

JPJunkie
November 10th, 2007, 12:58
I think I'm getting a PS3

Triv1um
November 10th, 2007, 13:07

You know thats the way forward ;)

beetroot bertie
November 11th, 2007, 00:07

Don't think. FEEL.

Congrats on making a choice :P

Napalm-Death
November 12th, 2007, 18:47

Make sure you get Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, it would be nice to play with people that I know instead of the random guy that destroys me. :rofl:

JKKDARK
November 12th, 2007, 23:18

Why do you want a commercial failure? :eek:

Shadowblind
November 12th, 2007, 23:55
Why do you want a commercial failure? :eek:

Someone who wants to spend $400 to find out why people hate it I guess.

Napalm-Death
November 13th, 2007, 00:32
Can't you guys stop with the PS3 bashing? Geez, if he wants to get a PS3 over a 360, then let him. You don't need to put it down just so your console will look better, just leave it alone.

gamersuperstar
November 13th, 2007, 12:28
The XBOX seems better at the moment, lower price and more games...but if price was not an issue I would definitely go for the PS3...

Accordion
November 13th, 2007, 22:05
Someone who wants to spend $400 to find out why people hate it I guess.

I highly doubt many people who have a console hate it.

As said before, the decision should be based on what you want to play. go to the games. quality over quantity. etc. etc.

Shadowblind
November 13th, 2007, 22:40
quality over quantity. etc. etc.

I've been preaching that since March '06 on these forums ;)

I can't agree more fully.