February 11th, 2007, 21:30
http://sanik.hacking-cult.org/marioxtreme3.gif

http://digg.com/gaming_news/3D_Mario_Clone_Released

Usage:
X = Jump
Control Pad = Move
Start = Quit

Purpose:
This demo is never going to become a full game.
It lags at certain points but could be sped up 90%, I didn't give a kwap though to put more time into it.
I only did this to be able to say, "Stop with the effiing cheap ass 2D games."
I'm mother effiing tired of seeing "OMG, 2D Halo" orrr "2D Mario" orr "2D Mario texture edit to make it look like 2D Sonic"
The PSP scene needs new life
My little Mario Demo is just a taste of what could be done if one actually tries (with just 6 days to code it + 1 day to port it to the PSP)

Come on PSP scene, get with the program
Anyways, enjoy

Source:
(I suggest if one is to try to "finish" this, to start from scratch just using poly.c and math.c)
Download Via Comments

The only snippet of code that's really needed is really:

void reflex(float *a_matrix, float a_x, float a_y, float a_z)
{
//Apply the matrix rotation to the point
//Requires a custom matrix library
vector_matrix_mul(a_x, a_y, a_z, a_matrix);

//Apply the reflex lens formula
a_z=a_z - ((((a_x) * (a_x)) + ((a_y)*(a_y)))*0.05f);
//The 0.05f = Lens curvature

//PSP screen stretch/skew
a_x*=1.25f;
a_y*=1.05f;

//Draw the vertex
glVertex3f(a_x, a_y, a_z);
}

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Destroyer699
February 11th, 2007, 21:34
Nice.

S34MU5
February 11th, 2007, 21:34
Does look sweet,

But sometimes 2d games can be cool.

But 3 will be cooler!

Except Halo Zero!!!

Zion
February 11th, 2007, 21:40
Looks nice :D

Coded in C/C++?

SANiK
February 11th, 2007, 21:49
100% C
=o

scarph
February 11th, 2007, 21:50
I love it!

IamAbe
February 11th, 2007, 21:51
GREAT GAME!!! I hope someone completes it or at least takes it over so I dont have to ;)

....I'm serious

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
February 11th, 2007, 21:56
totally agree with you.... very clever idea, i think the homebrew scene needs to create stuff like this:)!

joshisposer
February 11th, 2007, 22:01
THis game is so trippy! I love it. Good job, the scene needs to stop doing games in 2d or remakes of 2d games. The only good one is Halo Zero but i mean c'mon. We need originality.

HomerSp
February 11th, 2007, 22:02
2D is better than 3D imo...

Anonymous D
February 11th, 2007, 22:03
this is awesome, credit to the author for inovation.

gelon
February 11th, 2007, 22:08
:-|

Most original homebrew EVER!

I love it

Sonic XTREME NOOWWWW!! xDDD

IamAbe
February 11th, 2007, 22:11
So, whos continuing it, do i have to do it?

thefanaticgamer
February 11th, 2007, 22:14
you are an ass...

IamAbe
February 11th, 2007, 22:16
you are an ass...

me???

Anonymous D
February 11th, 2007, 22:18
is it me or does the level change if you use the gap in the floor to bounce rly high?

SANiK
February 11th, 2007, 22:22
The thing actually has a built in (but shitty) level editor. It's been disabled though.

The only way to switch to the next level would be to rename the files in the MAP folder... although do note that only like 10 tiles have been finished in the second map.

I'd love to see someone finish a full game like this. *hint hint*

thefanaticgamer
February 11th, 2007, 22:28
me???

no not you...

gelon
February 11th, 2007, 22:29
Is a modification of this app?

http://dl.qj.net/Super-Mario-2.5D-for-your-PC-Homebrew-Games-Nintendo-DS/pg/12/fid/8085/catid/221

Or you use another source with lens effect

This one for Pc should be great with your engine in PSP

matt2k
February 11th, 2007, 22:40
I love the effect. Reminds me of Pandemonium. :thumbup:

SANiK
February 11th, 2007, 22:47
The Super Mario 2.5D used Game Maker I think

What I did was try to recreate SMB's tile engine by looking at tech notes of the NES rom.

I was able to reproduce the tile capabilities of SMB correctly (no palette support though)
http://sanik.hacking-cult.org/MarioEngine.png

There's one thing I didn't do which I should have - drawn the tile data to a buffer in which Mario can destroy certain background blocks. The way the engine does it now, the border/floor tiles can't be moved/destroyed.

Xiofire
February 11th, 2007, 22:48
That looks sweet.
Very Original
-Xiofire

Napalm-Death
February 11th, 2007, 22:57
2D is better than 3D imo...
2D will always be better than 3D, it's sad that it's being neglected by a lot of people..

joshisposer
February 11th, 2007, 23:08
Actually, I'm a big fan of Sonic, and i like the sonic games that came out around dreamcast times. I also like sonic heroes but i don't really like the whole shadow thing though. 3D can be better, u just have to accept that.

Alucardmoon
February 11th, 2007, 23:22
how does this work for firmware 1.50

jools
February 11th, 2007, 23:22
awesome, I agree we need more 3d hombrew. )=D

someone please continue... =)

Kyoukan
February 11th, 2007, 23:28
This is pretty neat. Maybe someone will be inspired to make a Super Smash Brothers like game. :O

Anyway, I can't seem to get this to run.. I'm using 3.02 OE-B, running from the Game folder and not Game150.

Error message: The game could not be started.

Thanks for the help. :D

IamAbe
February 11th, 2007, 23:34
The thing actually has a built in (but shitty) level editor. It's been disabled though.

The only way to switch to the next level would be to rename the files in the MAP folder... although do note that only like 10 tiles have been finished in the second map.

I'd love to see someone finish a full game like this. *hint hint*

i'll see what i can do:thumbup:

This is pretty neat. Maybe someone will be inspired to make a Super Smash Brothers like game. :O

Anyway, I can't seem to get this to run.. I'm using 3.02 OE-B, running from the Game folder and not Game150.

you answered your own question. put it in game150 :cool:

Shrygue
February 11th, 2007, 23:43
This game is good. Gook work SANiK!

pt9087
February 12th, 2007, 00:05
That is awsome... i love it!

Alucardmoon
February 12th, 2007, 00:12
help me someone

how do I get this to work for firmware 1.50

IamAbe
February 12th, 2007, 00:20
WOW. this code is far more complex than I expected. i wanna start doing 3d anyway so i'll give it a go....

lordnibbla
February 12th, 2007, 00:35
This really reminded me of this vid here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0voXqVOPW0U
But i like what youve done with this though great stuff!

DarthPaul
February 12th, 2007, 00:49

There's one out already..it was originally made for GPX,but it's ported to work on PSP. The name's Super Smash Bros. GPX or something like that. I don't remember. I remembered..the name's SmashGPSP. =D

EDIT: Oh and the game looks sweet! Like i said before: "we need more homebrew games." Coders are going more through the hardware way,like to modify firmware and stuff. We need more like this. More homebrew games. And please...coders..if you started a project,don't leave it. Finish it. I would like to see a full and nice homebrew once.. Like Zion's Zelda. This Mario..it would be cool to have them finished one day.

IamAbe
February 12th, 2007, 00:56
There's one out already..it was originally made for GPX,but it's ported to work on PSP. The name's Super Smash Bros. GPX or something like that. I don't remember.

i know what your talking about, what happened to that game? the author stopped making it halfway through and it was looking so good. o well

DarthPaul
February 12th, 2007, 01:03
i know what your talking about, what happened to that game? the author stopped making it halfway through and it was looking so good. o well

yeah man...I loved it so muchh...it was my favorite homebrew game. It had all known game characters in one game...

pibs
February 12th, 2007, 01:19
yep sanik too many people with 2D games, why when they can take advantage of the psp capabilities.

xg917
February 12th, 2007, 01:39
haaa this game is kool, i love when you fall in the open space where you fall and die, only you dont die, its like a trampoline!! i jumped supper highhh!! lmao, i love this

Deathnix
February 12th, 2007, 01:41
is it my imagination, or does Mario have a fallaping willy on this? O.o

PSPegasus
February 12th, 2007, 01:46
Haha now THAT'S neat. I agree that we need more 3D games for the PSP. Not to say that the 2D stuff isn't appreciated though.
Very well designed little game (even if half of it is lifted from a certain Nintendo product :-P).

Broadus
February 12th, 2007, 01:54
That's certainly well done.
But not everyone wants to make 3D games.

darthhaze420
February 12th, 2007, 01:54
this is a nice add on to my homebrew memory card

xg917
February 12th, 2007, 01:55
i like the counter strike mod, thats the type of graphics i want for homebrew games since we dont have enough of those. just my opinion though.
i want to get into coding, learning how to code, but its not simple..

dice2r
February 12th, 2007, 02:42
this would make me throw up after a while

IamAbe
February 12th, 2007, 02:47
i want to get into coding, learning how to code, but its not simple..

its true it aint easy, but once you learn how is alot of fun. i like making games now more than i like playing 'em!
if your serious about learning to code, check out this site. the members are very helpful and nice, it also has some great tutorials. http://www.psp-programming.com. btw, the tutorial section only has very few of the tutorials, goto the c++ forum and goto the tutorials thread for the complete list. good luck!

this would make me throw up after a while

after i played it i was typing on my keyboard and i felt like the keyboard was round somehow. mad trippy

ExcruciationX
February 12th, 2007, 04:40
Neat Idea! :D

Thank's man! :thumbup:

I wonder if someone could modify the tileset and change it to rainbowish, moving colors, and make moving objects have trails behind them (like LSD)?

DrNicket
February 12th, 2007, 04:49
This truly is a revolutionary concept

I challenge anyone to match this, let alone top it.
If I could code half as well as the dedicated programmers that give us such a wonderful homebrew scene, I'd chip in myself.

SANiK
February 12th, 2007, 05:08
Thanks, trying to get it dugg, so spread the news guys!

http://digg.com/gaming_news/3D_Mario_Clone_Released

PSmonkey
February 12th, 2007, 05:55
Congrats on a cool 3D Demo.

Personaly 2D is fine but I am in agreement that nobody is really pushing 2D on the PSP. I'm cool with 2D providing it actualy does something complex and nice. :) The PSP is so powerful but so very few push nice 3d games on it.

Neat Idea! :D

Thank's man! :thumbup:

I wonder if someone could modify the tileset and change it to rainbowish, moving colors, and make moving objects have trails behind them (like LSD)?

Brighten the blue background a bit and give all blocks a dark thick black outline. The PSP LCD ghosting should take over and give a cool trailing effect.

titch.ryan
February 12th, 2007, 08:40
this looks awesome but theres nothing wrong with 2d

dark heart
February 12th, 2007, 09:10
2d eh? why is it better?? are the graphics better? are is the game play suddenly better because it's 2d??
what makes 2d better than 3d?

personally i don't go for graphics or flashy new effects and i certainly won't play a 2d game unless i know it's worth playing.

And psp is capable of such greatness

i am one of those people who hangs around for cool 3d releases like this, i won't pay money for a 2d game, you will only catch me playing one that i got for free.

and another thing, what cool homebrew apart from any emulators, is 2d that is fun to play for more than five minuets? i could be ignorant here but so far apart from the ports, nothing much has caught my eye.

i'm glad that this guy is sticking it to these no-hopers, who get something like for eg, halo, and take what made it a cool game and flatten it into a 2d game, it's the equivalent to getting a nice ripe cherry and pulverizing it into jam.

But in all Ive said about 2-d sometimes you can't beat the classics.

bah
February 12th, 2007, 09:43
2d eh? why is it better?? are the graphics better? are is the game play suddenly better because it's 2d??
what makes 2d better than 3d?

Considering this is a 2d playfield rendered in 3d, wouldn't a more relevant point be 'is the game play suddenly better because its 3d?'?

As for not paying money for any 2d game, your welcome to your opinion but there are a lot of quality game ideas that simply do not require 3d, and often would suffer if implemented in it.

Locoroco is a good example of that, its a good game. The monkey ball game on PSP is 3d yet awful. There are a lot of terrible 3d games, bad camera angles, annoying controls etc.

Theres plenty of room for both in the gaming world, even on a console capable of good 3d gfx.

New Super Mario Bros sold really well due to its classic, fun game play. It had some basic 3d added to jazz it up a bit for the modern console, buts it quality 2d game play stayed in tact.

i'm glad that this guy is sticking it to these no-hopers, who get something like for eg, halo, and take what made it a cool game and flatten it into a 2d game, it's the equivalent to getting a nice ripe cherry and pulverizing it into jam.

And the quality 3d games you've produced that give you the right to criticize 2d game authors work are where?

EDIT: Forgot to add, this demo is great work and shows real promise, I just strongly disagree that people should be put down for creating 2D homebrew just because others choose to/have the knowledge to create 3d homebrew.

Baboon
February 12th, 2007, 10:44
Its nice to see something that looks this impressive and that is completely original as a homebrew PSP game (demo).

I totally agree with ya that there’s far to many cack looking 2D homewbrew games out there (although saying that there all better than anything I could program and I guess people have got to start somewhere).

I do love my 2D games, its what I was brought up on (street fighter, final fight, bubble bobble, shinobi, r-type etc etc) and i’ll always have great affection for those classic titles, but we do live in a 3D world now and it would be nice to keep up with it. I also appreciate that by just making something 3D does not automatically make it a great game (ie: bubble bobble evolution & rainbow islands evolution), but as we can see by this demo (and even more recent 3D updates like extreme Ghouls and Goblins or even Strider 2) that it can add quite a bit and improve games! :)

I hope somebody does take up the challenge and either complete this demo or be inspired and create something original and 3D. :)

Top banana!

Paiku
February 12th, 2007, 10:50
Shiat! This is ace, great jobb SANiK.

Love to see a full game :O

aries2k4
February 12th, 2007, 13:55
Definately different. Would be nice if someone could continue the work you started.
Nice job

ENG
February 12th, 2007, 16:20
WOW, this looks amazing, i would love someone to carry this on, it's the best piece of homebrew i've seen in a long time :)

ichbin007
February 12th, 2007, 17:26
Can every on make a MapMaker or

gr42178
February 12th, 2007, 17:44
That looks really cool, nice work.

Accordion
February 12th, 2007, 18:04
[
I only did this to be able to say, "Stop with the effiing cheap ass 2D games."
I'm mother effiing tired of seeing "OMG, 2D Halo" orrr "2D Mario" orr "2D Mario texture edit to make it look like 2D Sonic"
The PSP scene needs new life

hmm, i like it as a demo...but how long until we get to this
"OMG, 2D Halo that looks like 3D" or "2D Mario that looks like 3D" or "2D Mario texture edit to make it look like 2D Sonic that looks like 3D"

maybe we need to leave behind all the old IP and start moving on to new ideas... and perhaps if this demo featured original designs it would be more successful in that purpose [of course that is my own assigned purpose, rather than yours.. so no fault]

xg917
February 12th, 2007, 20:22
its true it aint easy, but once you learn how is alot of fun. i like making games now more than i like playing 'em!
if your serious about learning to code, check out this site. the members are very helpful and nice, it also has some great tutorials. http://www.psp-programming.com. btw, the tutorial section only has very few of the tutorials, goto the c++ forum and goto the tutorials thread for the complete list. good luck!

after i played it i was typing on my keyboard and i felt like the keyboard was round somehow. mad trippy

yea i was serious, thanks man! :thumbup: this is going to be a kool adventure for me :p

Zion
February 12th, 2007, 23:57
I hate to be the first one to say this but i find it pretty agravating.

Where are quzar & yaustar now? this game violates ip, it uses the name and offical sprites but no one seems to care :confused:

it amazes me how the ip infringments only seems to matter when your name is zion and your making a zelda clone

everything else somehow magically isnt infringing anything....:confused:

a bit hypocritical dont you think.

btw sorry sanik for bringing this up, its just everyone HAS to mention this when its my game but whenever anyone else violates ip its perfectly ok

halcyon626
February 13th, 2007, 00:07
Probably because this is just a PoC and not an actual game... the focus here is more on the coding, not the actual "mario-ness."

yaustar
February 13th, 2007, 00:07
The only reason it was pointed out to you by Quzar is because of the nature of your first post on the front page. You took a swipe at Dark_Alex and also asked for no-one to copy your ideas when your own game was based on someone else's idea.

I only come in when the laws are quoted incorrectly or mis-understood by other members. (and you can quote me on that).

For someone who is trying to turn over a new leaf, bringing up the past is not the best idea.

Zion
February 13th, 2007, 00:09
The only reason it was pointed out to you by Quzar is because of the nature of your first post on the front page. You took a swipe at Dark_Alex and also asked for no-one to copy your ideas when your own game was based on someone else's idea.

I only come in when the laws are quoted incorrectly by other members.

yeah im not having a dig at anyone im just saying if a game infiges ip then it should be said for ANY game that does it , irregardless of what the users post is like.

quzar
February 13th, 2007, 00:13
yeah im not having a dig at anyone im just saying if a game infiges ip then it should be said for ANY game that does it , irregardless of what the users post is like.

If you don't like it, leave. Oh wait.

Zion
February 13th, 2007, 00:18
If you don't like it, leave. Oh wait.

that post really only proved that you have no concerns over ip infringments whatsoever and only made it abunduntly clear on my games release as you were trying to force me the leave the scene.

yaustar
February 13th, 2007, 00:20
Then you are free to say it yourself. When it comes to IP infringement posts, it comes from an individuals opinion, staff or not. It isn't representive of the site's policy.

quzar
February 13th, 2007, 00:21
that post really only proved that you have no concerns over ip infringments whatsoever and only made it abunduntly clear on my games release as you were trying to force me the leave the scene.

I know you. What I posted was an opinion of how I felt about you doing what you did. I don't know Sanik. The end.

IamAbe
February 13th, 2007, 00:22
Zion you probably shouldnt be starting this up here... also btw:

maybe we need to leave behind all the old IP and start moving on to new ideas...

Zion
February 13th, 2007, 00:23
fair enough

ppo
February 13th, 2007, 00:23
ZIONQUZAR don't make another flame war.

wraggster
February 13th, 2007, 00:28
All parties stop the flaming otherwise action will be taken.

Paiku
February 13th, 2007, 00:29
All I can say is stop this shit, now before it gets worse!

Mark30001
February 13th, 2007, 00:30
The demo looks awesome SANiK. Congrats!

Gizmo356
February 13th, 2007, 00:40
Its still a bit hypocritical that you would flame zion for this violating ip but just let other people slide.

Video_freak
February 13th, 2007, 00:43
Guys, if you want to resolve a problem about Zion- make it in a private chat room or forum. Everyone else doesn't have to go through these posts.

This is a cool demo and personally think it's one of the most interesting pieces of homebrew this year. :)

Zion
February 13th, 2007, 00:44
ive made my point lets let it go.

great demo btw

wraggster
February 13th, 2007, 00:47
I repeat and i wont again, any more flaming and those involved will be dealt with severely if need be.

quzar
February 13th, 2007, 00:48
Its still a bit hypocritical that you would flame zion for this violating ip but just let other people slide.

My point there wasn't to remove his project. It was my feeling towards his work. I want to make it clear that I wasn't representing site policy in any way. I was lamenting the same thing SANiK was.

wraggster
February 13th, 2007, 01:03
Back to the game demo, if this idea could be used in a game somehow you could have the makings of an hybrid 2d-3d genre?

TheMarioKarters
February 13th, 2007, 01:05
Great job, SANiK, you've got skills. :)

yaustar
February 13th, 2007, 01:12
Back to the game demo, if this idea could be used in a game somehow you could have the makings of an hybrid 2d-3d genre?
I do wonder what would parallax scrolling would look like in that view.

SANiK
February 13th, 2007, 04:31
Well now that all the "fanfare" has finally died down - I guess we can all go back to looking at this for what it is - a technical demo for the most part.

"I do wonder what would parallax scrolling look like in that view."
Never tried it - but I assume it wouldn't look pretty since the bent world would "expose" the true distance of the parallax background to the actual player stage. Which in turn would kill the parallax experience.

Well anyways, I can't wait to see what will become of this. MrMr[iCE] is working on a Tetris game (classic tetris played on a rotating cylinder), while others have "said" they'll take the task of finishing the Mario game. Hopefully they weren't bluffing. =o

As for me, I'd love to work more on the PSP, but I'm tied to an already existing PC project - so hopefully I can get that done within two years, but by then I don't think the PSP would be getting as much attention at it is now =o

dark heart
February 13th, 2007, 06:01
"does 3d suddenly become better because it is 3d" no of course not, i never said anything about that, i just think 3d games generally have more effort built in, and i would have said that in my last post but i don't want to prattle on.;)

oh and SANiK, interested in helping me with a project? or are you all coded out?
yes it's a 3d project!

i wanna do the media! and help with what ever i have spare time to help with.

IamAbe
February 13th, 2007, 06:21
while others have "said" they'll take the task of finishing the Mario game. Hopefully they weren't bluffing. =o

hey i'm not bluffing, in fact i'm learning 3d programming right now :D. i'll start the project when i think i'm ready, probably 2~3 days. i already made a cube on the screen, lol.

um, 'New Super Mario Brothers' for DS...:p

PSmonkey
February 13th, 2007, 06:39

It's called Sonic X-Treme. A canned game for the sega saturn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Xtreme

SANiK
February 13th, 2007, 06:56
dark heart - sorry dark heart, I'm busy working on something else:
(colors look bad since lighting is turned off - all original art)
http://sanik.hacking-cult.org/craft.gif

Har, PSmonkey lays down the facts.
Just add a spinning world to the fish eye and you've got yourself Sonic X-treme... although it got cancelled for a reason so don't feel sorry for it (moving Sonic in/out of the scene was painful and induced a slow gameplay which just wasn't Sonicy)

dark heart
February 13th, 2007, 09:52
is it a temporary answer? cos i can wait, lol. Ive tried
email some of the 3d porters, but they don't answer my please !!

just so you know I'm serious about media aspects- i have 2 excellent model importer/exporters, 3ds max 7,
paint shop pro 6, a range of different game tools, cool edit pro (music mixer), a texture generator and other things, also i will be an artist when i leave school, and Im eager to do what ever it is i need to do, do you want some examples of what i can do?
or do you want to know what i have in mind for the port, again if you do want to help, i can wait.

yaustar
February 13th, 2007, 10:53
is it a temporary answer? cos i can wait, lol. Ive tried
email some of the 3d porters, but they don't answer my please !!

just so you know I'm serious about media aspects- i have 2 excellent model importer/exporters, 3ds max 7,
paint shop pro 6, a range of different game tools, cool edit pro (music mixer), a texture generator and other things, also i will be an artist when i leave school, and Im eager to do what ever it is i need to do, do you want some examples of what i can do?
or do you want to know what i have in mind for the port, again if you do want to help, i can wait.

If you are really serious, the best way to attract projects and to make yourself more 'attractive' is to havea protfolio to show what you can do.

Very few serious developers will take you on just purely what you said above.

Paradok
February 13th, 2007, 12:07

C'mon people, Smash Bros.! You wound me. :(

Cool demo Sanik, but personally I'd be much more interested in seeing more homebrew games simply seen through to completion than delivered in 3d.

mr_nick666
February 13th, 2007, 13:35
C'mon people, Smash Bros.! You wound me. :(

Cool demo Sanik, but personally I'd be much more interested in seeing more homebrew games simply seen through to completion than delivered in 3d.

I agree.. Too much is started and never completed :(

I like 3D but I will always carry the flame for 2D (my favourite game is glorious 2D - substance over style) :D

An aside note for certain users to remember... Less said soonest mended.

Argon0
February 13th, 2007, 16:39
<cool>

Reminds me of Nebulus....

powermean
February 13th, 2007, 16:39
Looks nice, just that I dont know where to place the files at my psp. Can someone pleace help me? :)

IamAbe
February 13th, 2007, 16:43
Looks nice, just that I dont know where to place the files at my psp. Can someone pleace help me? :)

what firmware do you have?

powermean
February 13th, 2007, 16:44
what firmware do you have?

I got 3.01. Downloaded from sonys "Network Update".

IamAbe
February 13th, 2007, 16:52
I got 3.01. Downloaded from sonys "Network Update".

lol, you gotta downgrade your firmware. first of all, DO NOT UPDATE AGAIN FROM NETWORK UPDATE OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE. next, you gotta downgrade to 1.50. look around for a downgrader on the boards, i never downgraded before so i cant really help you much. after that I would recommend Dark_AleX's custom FW. NOTE: im not responsible if you f up your psp doing this.

GOOD LUCK

powermean
February 13th, 2007, 16:54
lol, you gotta downgrade your firmware. first of all, DO NOT UPDATE AGAIN FROM NETWORK UPDATE OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE. next, I would recommend Dark_AleX's custom FW, look around for a downgrader on the boards, i never downgraded before so i cant really help you much.
Ok, kool. :cool:

Edit: Got the link to Dark AleX's cusom FW?
I am not sure what to download... :/

adamespi
February 13th, 2007, 17:00
this has nothing to do with this but plzplzplzplz help i got a 3.10oe-a and i downloaded 2 iso games 1 is daxter outher is the new pes when i put em in the iso folder on my psp i run them and it goes onto a black screen some one plz help how i play the game(i got lots of outher games that work)plzplzplzplzplz help

powermean
February 13th, 2007, 17:14
Someone a link to Dark AleX's cusom FW?
I got FW 3.01 that I got from Sonys "Network Update"

IamAbe
February 13th, 2007, 17:51
Someone a link to Dark AleX's cusom FW?
I got FW 3.01 that I got from Sonys "Network Update"

look around in the news forum

Gamer398
February 13th, 2007, 22:24
Where do I put the files? And how? I have FW 3.03 and I REALLY don't feel like downgrading. If anyone can, please make it so it'll work for 3.03 I got it from the sony site, not Network Update. Help!

DrNicket
February 13th, 2007, 23:14
If you don't feel like downgrading, don't expect to run any homebrew. Sorry but that's the simple fact of the matter. It just won't work. No amount of coding will change that, unless Sony gives in and makes the firmware open (not going to happen any time soon).

I traded for a second PSP so I could mess around with custom firmware (I lucked out and it came with the latest OE at the time).

It up to you what you do, but if you stick to updating with official firmwares, no homebrew for you.

Paradok
February 14th, 2007, 01:36
For all of those folks who've been asking about how to downgrade and where to get what you need to do so:

3.03v downgrader & HEN for v3.03 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51035)

That's all you need to enable homebrew. If you have a firmware higher than 3.03, you're screwed for the moment, but watch the main site for updates.

Before you downgrade, read everything in the post and the readme carefully, and if you still aren't exactly sure what you need to do, search the forums and/or the web for further instructions. It's not all that complicated from the user end of it, but you really really don't want to botch a downgrade.

Oh, and I'm not 100% sure, but you probably need to be running Firmware 3.03 to use this downgrader, as opposed to 3.01 or 3.02, or anything older. Take the readme's word over mine, but in the past, you had to match the firmware you were downgrading from exactly with the version specified in the downgrader. That means that if you're running Firmware 3.01, you'll probably have to upgrade to Son'ys official 3.03 firmware, and then use this downgrader. And naturally this won't work on 3.10 or higher.

If you're thinking of downgrading, you might be interested in these other links too:

3.10 Open Edition Rev A (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51865)
eLoader 0.995 "Kriek" (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=88888898)
Improved 2.8 Downgrader (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=88888898)

dark heart
February 15th, 2007, 05:35
ok SANiK i'll work on a port folio and upload it here cos i got limited email and it seems appropriate.
give me some time to collect a few things.
http://userimages.imvu.com/userdata/04/14/58/70/userpics/tigger_the_tabby~2.jpg
here's a pastel sketch of my cat.
i made had some other 3d things i did but they're on my other laptop which needs repair,

and here's is some more relevant stuff
this is my cat again, my sketch was mildly based on this but i changed a few things around.
i made this with teregen, this was going to be the title screen for an rpg but i got bored.:D
this is another thing done with teregen, it's called moss deep vally, yes i name my landscapes :)
i did this just now hehe, but i made the tree earlier,
to make this i used 3ds max 7 and paint shop pro 6- plus a picture of a local lake.
a while ago i decided to fiddle around with some of the animation capabilities of 3ds max 7, i use bones to make my alien maggot thingy move around.
it looks fairly simply triangulated, but I'm rather proud of it because making an animation and some clever textures takes skill with creativity.
last one, this was another teregen based render, it's one of my better ones and it came out quite nicely.

and thats it, there's heaps more but some of these pictures were rather big and i want to cut down on the internet usage.

what do you think so far?

SANiK
February 16th, 2007, 05:01
Ahh man, I really don't need new artists at all, but to tell you the truth, you're a pretty good drawer. Your modeling - there's not much to judge, but from the tree, you just need to get used to material settings (lighting) as well as how to fix the plasticy look on the tree. Nice photoshop skills though, but don't forget to "hide" the pixels =o

dark heart
February 16th, 2007, 05:17
your not supposed to need me, I'm needing you.
i need coders to help me with this, and I'm looking at the title under your name... lol
this is a project I'm putting together, do you or do you not want to join in the future? i need as many people as i can get.

and hey you don't know what where doing yet do you?
porting the half-life engine it will be the best port from now until someone does something better---:D
now don't just assume this is just for half-life, it will also (pretty damn sure) run counterstrike, and i plan to make another game to go with the engine since it's easier to find mod tools for it.

p.s
and the tree, yer the render option was taking abnormally long to work, so i just took a print screen snap shot.

IamAbe
February 16th, 2007, 12:21
there is no possibility the psp could handle half-life without alot of very difficult work. i am trying to learn 3d programming and i plan on making a 3rd person game eventually, may you can help with that. i wont be starting any time in the next couple of weeks though cause i still need to perfect my 3d skills. pm me if your interested and maybe we'll do something.

pr3dator2
February 16th, 2007, 14:36
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000-PSP-Retro...QQcmdZViewItem

check it out guys i got many many copies like 20+ add me on msn if u want a copy or just bid !!

[email protected]

IamAbe
February 16th, 2007, 16:39
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000-PSP-Retro...QQcmdZViewItem

check it out guys i got many many copies like 20+ add me on msn if u want a copy or just bid !!

[email protected]

that has nothing to do with this topic so plz dont post it here. also, ebay often removes illegal items so you probably shouldn't be selling that.

pr3dator2
February 16th, 2007, 16:49
its not illegal!!!!! how u work out that it is ?!?!

IamAbe
February 16th, 2007, 17:12
its not illegal!!!!! how u work out that it is ?!?!

umm... your selling copyrighted games... ya, thats illegal. you cant sell burnt xbox/ps2 games either, same thing... i find it hard to imagine you didnt know that.

EDIT: lol, i just went to the page to make sure i didnt misread it and they already took it down. thats funny

EDIT 2: Regardless, it definitely dosent belong here

gr42178
February 16th, 2007, 17:19
umm... your selling copyrighted games... ya, thats illegal. you cant sell burnt xbox/ps2 games either, same thing... i find it hard to imagine you didnt know that.

EDIT: lol, i just went to the page to make sure i didnt misread it and they already took it down. thats funny

EDIT 2: Regardless, it definitely dosent belong here

Hes been posting this crap in a lot of threads....

dark heart
February 16th, 2007, 22:05
hey i would help but i have every intention to get some people together to help me with my project.

-that guy who's selling- lol, it's been taken off ebay! funny stuff... but seriously don't spam, now i get to refer to you as SPAM MONKEY lol.

Alucardmoon
February 18th, 2007, 00:04
if you think this is cool this will give you a boner to play with

http://pages.infinit.net/voxel/home.htm

IamAbe
February 18th, 2007, 00:06
hey i would help but i have every intention to get some people together to help me with my project.

-that guy who's selling- lol, it's been taken off ebay! funny stuff... but seriously don't spam, now i get to refer to you as SPAM MONKEY lol.

good luck, id love to see half life on psp

xxcolbyxx
February 18th, 2007, 01:25
i put this eboot into a folder into the game150, but it still wont play properly. It boots the game boot, but then just loads back to the XMB. My kernel is also at 1.5. May someone please help me to get this game to work?

blackrave
February 18th, 2007, 01:43
If your kernel is at 1.5, doesn't that mean that 1.5 homebrew will run only from GAME?
Try putting it in GAME instead or change the kernel to the original.

BIGMAC760
February 21st, 2007, 01:08
where can i get mario kart 64 for my monkey 64 on my psp ver 1.50

dark heart
March 1st, 2007, 06:17
lets get him!

not only are you posting something off topic but your thinking someone as dumb as you is gonna risk they're account and yours just so you can find Mario kart 64, if your gonna download that, keeps it to yourself.

normanXYZ
March 13th, 2007, 11:50
where should i save it?

Southsidewarrior22
October 15th, 2007, 01:02
ok mine gets to where it says psp when u press x, but then says the game could not be started? So anyone know whats wrong?

PLZKLLME0080
October 15th, 2007, 01:09
ok mine gets to where it says psp when u press x, but then says the game could not be started? So anyone know whats wrong?

What firmware version do you have?

Southsidewarrior22
October 15th, 2007, 01:12
Yea :-/ i just read that i need to downgrade but no i gotta wait till i can since i got the newest firmware, since i just bought my psp off someone, yea sorry i am new to this, so thats why i had such a newbie question lol

Southsidewarrior22
October 15th, 2007, 01:14
It sucks cuz it looks like it will work. It has the star and the mario background, and the is says PSP like its about to start up just to stop....its pretty heart breaking lol

PLZKLLME0080
October 15th, 2007, 01:18
You should get the Pandora battery so you can downgrade. http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pandora-battery-unbrick-amp-downgrade-any-psp-71985.html

Southsidewarrior22
October 15th, 2007, 01:33
Dam well hopefully i do this right lol cuz idk if i will.

PLZKLLME0080
October 15th, 2007, 01:37
You need a homebrew capable PSP to get the Pandora battery though. so find a friend or someone else who has one and have them do it for you.

Southsidewarrior22
October 15th, 2007, 01:42
Yea thanks i think i will do that....because i do have a friend of my sisters who knows how to do all of these kind of things, so i'll ask him and have him show me, but yea thanks for the help.

darkness angel 777
October 20th, 2007, 14:32
Will this work version 1.50?

Testament
October 28th, 2007, 15:42
I tried this demo out and I am quite impressed by it. It is very interesting.

I have been thinking of some ideas for a full homebrew game using this engine (not a Mario one, mind you). I don't code much at all, but I am an artist, well versed in both pencil/ink on paper and sprite work as well.

If I create a little universe (story, characters, etc.) and perhaps some gameplay elements, would someone be interested in collaborating to make a full game using this engine? I think if we got a little team going, we could make something really cool out of this.

I suppose I'll probably be ignored (my low post count undoubtedly makes my repute almost nil), but if you are truly interested, it would be great if you could reply. Upon request I can provide examples of my artwork.

Any takers?

bennynatural
October 30th, 2007, 08:43
i agree! this demo has great potential... even if needing to be rewritten from the ground up (like the author suggested). the principle is simple, but great eye candy.... i was dissapointed when i realized that it was only the first level :/

mario guy
November 19th, 2007, 20:05
when i go to open the folder it says (please insert he last disc of multi-volume set and click ok to continue) please help me someone

darkness angel 777
November 23rd, 2007, 17:18
it is a good idea.

W4573D
February 19th, 2008, 00:23
hey sanik i have to talk to you about socom please help me its about socom i dont want to be a game maker like you all i would like is a little cause all the other code makers are g*y

quzar
February 19th, 2008, 01:43
and on that lovely note. Locked.