PDA

View Full Version : EA: Skip PS3 In Favor Of Wii60

wraggster
February 11th, 2007, 22:01
So, what happened to the "extensive PS3 support", EA?
“Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was.”

“That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone’s expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that’s a major shock, as we’d nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it’s not a sure thing.”

“My opinion - get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there’s a big change in the near future.”

via belltree (http://www.the-bell-tree.com/vg/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1171214528&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4&)

Shadowblind
February 11th, 2007, 22:03
I've got 360 and Wii. Never regretted it.

voltorben
February 11th, 2007, 22:14
I ****ing hate xbox, PS3 too. But I'm really happy with my Wii!

Raiten
February 11th, 2007, 22:43
Ok now I have a PS3 and I admit that the launch was less than stellar...ok it sucked. But why does everyone say that it bombed or it failed and will not get any better? What makes a console the console to have is the games, having that much more horsepower behind them is just a bonus. Once the first quarter of this year rolls out the PS3 will have tons of Xbox and Wii killer apps. Just to name a few, and yes i'm sure they are always used, but for good reason - Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Final Fantasy XIII/Versus XIII.

Now if I had the money...and could f'n find one i'd buy a Wii no doubt, but I wouldn't get a 360, just not many games on it that interest me. The PS2 still holds alot of that. But the PS3 is not a failed system and it will just keep getting better. People just need to give it some f'n slack...the damn thing just came out for God's sake.

SSaxdude
February 11th, 2007, 23:08
I've got 360 and Wii. Never regretted it.

I agree, I've had a lot of fun with my Xbox 360 and my Wii.

To everyone who owns a 360 and wants MGS4 ported to 360: don't buy a PS3, let's show Konami that they must port MGS4 to the 360.

eazy-e
February 11th, 2007, 23:53
ps3 jusss give it some time yallll

bmemike
February 12th, 2007, 00:24
A console's success largely depends on confidence. While I don't believe that the PS3 launch "killed" the PS3, it's clear that a lot of people have lost the confidence needed for a strong 6-12mo showing.

On top of the poor launch quantities and other fiascos, the HD problems that people have been having have done nothing but hurt.

Sony's got a long, uphill battle to try to recapture the excitement that was built during the pre-launch days - and they're not going to be given any leeway if they make any more mistakes.

Mr_Squirt
February 12th, 2007, 13:11
whatever happens the PS3 is not going to be a failure. Everyone who is everyone has heard of playstation so that for a start is going to influence the way things go when the PS3 is released worldwide. Whether it does or does not outsell the Wii it will still be a strong system in time to come.
I love my Wii but i'd happily sit and play a PS3 given the chance and i'm sure many other people feel the same.
So yea, give the PS3 a chance, it is clearly going to rock hard.

geise69
February 12th, 2007, 16:20
See the problem is Sony always overhypes their products, so by the time it finally arrives everyone's expectations are so high that they just get disappointed. The PS3 was the most over hyped console ever. It's no surprise it's come to finally bite them in the ass. However if poeple are just patient the ps3 will drop in price, hd tv's will become cheaper and ps3 will have some rock solid games. People just expect everything now.

Ewan
February 14th, 2007, 18:24
So yea, give the PS3 a chance, it is clearly going to rock hard.

The most powerful hardware/potential does not always equal the most successful. Sega and Nintendo have both felt the pains on this in the past. 3rd party support, along with just well developed games, will be the key.

The PS1 and PS2 have a GIANT game library to pull people to, where the 'cube, dreamcast, saturn, n64 all did not. 3rd parties didn't want to spend a lot of time on them because the number of people with the units were small. If Sony is willing to give the system the 5-7 year lifespan it will need to be successful (taking 2-3 years of lower unit sales and having to drop the price 3-4 times in that period) then I think it will have a chance.

"HD" gaming is going to be a marker for the console world. PC's have had to fight with higher graphics resolutions for years, and the amount of additional pixels that have to be rendered going from 480p to 720p is bad enough, let along going all the way up to 1020p. That plus now all the graphical glitches will be easier to see. Granted, the new "HD" games look awesome, but I really like "fun" over "pretty".. although ugly games are very seldom "fun"...

Herbster
March 6th, 2007, 12:48
I'm waiting for my Wii to be delivered, then PS3 but no hurry, not until I've completed God of War 2, Yakuza, Okami, FF XII, Burnout Dominator, Rogue Galaxy, Guitar Hero II, WE 2007 etc.

M$ have pi**ed me off with the way they dropped support for the xbox and I don't feel I got the value I have got and am still getting from my PS2.

There is only Halo3 I have any interest in, but I can live without it until the 2nd hand market supplies are abundant due to the release of Xbox 1080 to combat the dominance of the PS3.

WastingTheDawn
March 6th, 2007, 20:01
I love my Nin Wii but i honestly believe PS3 is gonna climb back to the top once the price drops and the good games come rollin in

ICE
March 6th, 2007, 20:47
here's my prediction for sales at the end of this gen::
1st- Wii/360- i really dont see there being a clear cut winner for first like before. all i know is that it will come down to them

2nd/last hehehe-ps3- even though i think it will sell the least amount it still will be a success. sony will begin telling people not to compare ps3 to wii/360 in an attempt to differentiate themselves. you cant lose to wii/360 if your not competing with them. they'll say they're not a game system and therefore arent in a competition therefore cant lose in a market they technically own.