PDA

View Full Version : Wiimod- New Modchip Coming Soon

wraggster
February 11th, 2007, 22:18
A new Wii Modchip based on the not upgradeable PIC12C509 has been announced, the chip is also rumoured to be a lot cheaper than the other Modchips announced.

More details soon

brainpan
February 12th, 2007, 02:07
This is great. I'm gonnna get a modchip as soon as I see some stuff happening in the homebrew dept so th emore the merrier. I think the Wii scene is gonna be big...maybe even as big as the PSP scene. :D

bandit
February 12th, 2007, 02:21
Theres also another modchip called WiiBuster but seems to copy all other modchips in every feature and compatibility.

I already received my CycloWiz for review. I wont have a review until once I see if it is really upgradeable via DVD. Honestly, if CycloWiz does all it says it can do, there is no other reason to get all these other modchips.

I still havent heard anything from Wiinja and it was suppose to be released first.

JKKDARK
February 12th, 2007, 02:35
Not great since it opens the door to pirates.

stormbob
February 12th, 2007, 10:26
I agree with Bandit. I think i am gonna buy a CycloWiz aswell, im looking forward to your review of it. The only thing i need right now from it is so its able to play imports.

bandit
February 12th, 2007, 12:40
I agree with Bandit. I think i am gonna buy a CycloWiz aswell, im looking forward to your review of it. The only thing i need right now from it is so its able to play imports.
Thats what I'm waiting for as well but as of now, it doesnt. Thats why I'm waiting.

All reviews you find right now doesnt tell you anything about the upgrade feature. Even if I did post a review, I'll update it in the future with any changes that needs to be done.

stormbob
February 12th, 2007, 14:26
Thats what I'm waiting for as well but as of now, it doesnt. Thats why I'm waiting.

All reviews you find right now doesnt tell you anything about the upgrade feature. Even if I did post a review, I'll update it in the future with any changes that needs to be done.

Yeah I've noticed that the reviews of the chip doesn't touch that subject. I'm wondering how much an upgrade actually can do to the chip.