PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night bound for Wii

wraggster
February 12th, 2007, 16:01
If you like the simple but amusing boxing game in the Wii Sports compilation, you'll be happy to know that the Fight Night series could be making its way to Wii.

In an interview with doghouseboxing.com, Fight Night producer, Michael Blank, noted the how well suited the Wii Remote is to the boxing series.

"We're talking about it right now. We're contemplating and we definitely feel there are some exciting things we can do with the Fight Night franchise and the Wii. When you play Wii Boxing it is a very simple experience and I think that is what they designed it to be just to let you know that you can throw punches.

"With Fight Night we have an amazing simulation of Boxing and so we need to take those Wii controls and tailor it to what the Fight Night consumer might want to experience. We are looking at it right now and I am sure you will see something some time in the future on the Wii."

Fight Night on Wii has great potential, but only if EA can strike upon a precise control system that doesn't feel as random and inaccurate as Wii Boxing sometimes feels.

In reference to the estimated release of Fight Night Round 4, Blank comments: "It won't be within the next year, I don't believe .The reason for that is that we want to revolutionize that game again. Just like the XBOX 360/ PS3 with the punch and amazing visuals we want to take the next leap for the next Fight Night."

Blank also cites downloadable content as a feature of the latest games console that Fight Night could likely take advantage of in the future.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=157725)