PDA

View Full Version : Japan Still Re-importing US DS Lites.

wraggster
February 12th, 2007, 20:00
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/original/japan-still-reimporting-us-ds-lites-yes-still-235633.php)

A while back, Japan's DS craze red lined, and it got so bad that American DSes were re-imported from America to satisfy the demand. Things quieted off, or so we thought. But even recently, consumers still line-up for DS Lites, and stores, it seems, are too! Writes Kotakuite Scott from Nagasaki:

I was just shopping at my local Yuuing (it's like Tsutaya, books, DVDs, CDs, and games) where they haven't had DS Lites for months now. When they do expect a shipment, maybe once a month or so, they place up posters to let customers know when the sales go down. But, when I went in tonight, they had about 8 units on the shelves. A closer look revealed they are not Japanese versions, but the US and Asia versions (okay, it wasn't a closer look, the big American flags were a give away).
I snapped two photos with my miserable cell phone camera of the poster in the store. You might not be able to read the small text but the general gist is there: American and Asian DS Lites, 19,800 yen (3000 more than the Japanese version), and they cannot be sold back used like most other gaming hardware and software at this store.

Tip for Nintendo, Co. Ltd., how about saving more Lites for the domestic market? Just a thought...

Shrygue
February 12th, 2007, 20:02
Japan reimporting US DS Lite systems? This is suprising to hear...

nnever
February 13th, 2007, 21:08
Moral of the story: oversight does help in the long run ;)