PDA

View Full Version : Worms not on XBLA this week, still being certified

wraggster
February 12th, 2007, 22:10
Last week we checked off Root Beer Tapper from Microsoft's list, leaving nine "approaching" Xbox Live Arcade titles in the queue. So who's up this week -- if there is to be a release? Not Worms.

Team17 reports that Worms is still buried in the certification process; and despite the recent amendment, has been bound to the old 50MB size limit. As a result, the XBLA version is lacking in audio content and environmental themes; and an OXM review notes that the baseball bat, skunk, 'select worm' option, and 'Holy Hand' grenade have been left out. Team17 maintains that the omissions won't affect gameplay, but is committed to expanding Worms with downloadable content packs, both free and premium; similar to how Q Entertainment is handling Lumines Live.

via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/12/worms-not-on-xbla-this-week-still-being-certified/)

benn
February 13th, 2007, 12:22
great. another hackneyed xbla release. lumines was the biggest crock of sh*te out there. not only was it the most expensive XBLA game by a country mile, then they also released content that should have been included from the beginning and charged extra for it.
i have never bought any xbla stuff on principle. it is MS bull.
when the XBL was coming for 360 they talked about MICRO-TRANSACTIONS - sales and upgrades for 10 to 20 CENTS. please tell me where the hell these releases are? i dont think i have seen anything on XBL for under a dollar. and most of the games are $5+. Lumines took the piss though and i got a feeling worms will do the same. why dont they actually lower the cost, make it more rewarding for gamers and increase saturation.
if themes actually cost 20cents then i honestly would have about 50+ by now. the thing is that for the cost and the fact i cannot preview the purchase, i have no intention of buying one. the same with the games. lower cost games would greatly increase saturation and more than compensate in revenue for the lower price point.

Darksaviour69
February 13th, 2007, 13:21
The VS CPU Pack and Puzzle/Mission Pack for lummies where only 100 Microsoft Points, thats $1.25/85p, still over all it was dear, but then when you compare that to a full priced psp game (like lumines was)...

also

i cannot preview the purchase

you can download a demo/trail version of all Arcade games

briyan
February 13th, 2007, 21:52
call me a sucker but I actually bought the Lumines game after they came out with the limited 100 MP pricing for the VS and Puzzle Modes. i liked Lumines on the PSP which I bought full price for ($39) and after spending $20 on a Lumines game that I can play on my HD, it was well worth it. some games are worth spending MS points for and i think this is definitely one of them.

i think Benn was talking about themes and gamer pics, there's no way of previewing such on the 360, but if you go to xbox.com, you can actually preview just about every theme or pic released on Live.

Darksaviour69
February 13th, 2007, 22:34
i got lumines Live! too, i don't have a psp and l'm a big fan of rez.

Space Giraffe, by Jeff Minter looks cool

http://xbox360.dcemu.co.uk/xbla-space-giraffe-alpha-testing-stage-52225.html