PDA

View Full Version : LMP-ng - formerly Licks Media Player

wraggster
February 13th, 2007, 00:25
Lucas who took over the Licks Media Player project for Nintendo DS has released a new version, heres whats new:

New in this version:

- Shuffle mode
- Fixed a bug that may cause freezing when mp3 is finishing
- Animated progressbar
- Much better quality volume control

Known problems:

- FLAC playback have some problems

If you are experiencing freezing, try formatting your card and copying everything again. That solves a lot of problems with corrupted FATs. If it still doesn't work, try holding A or B (or both) when starting the program (that'll disable loading of ID3 tags and playlists, respectively).

If you're still experiencing problems when starting, hold START while starting, and post the last message on screen.

Xcliber
February 13th, 2007, 01:09
This player may soon replace Moonshell as far as MP3 playback goes.

I think it should be renamed IpoDS (just my $0.02)
Perhaps u could add a graphic equalizer too as well as catagorizing media by album\artist\FolderLocation for easier file browsing!
(I don't use M3U very often...)

Keep up the good work ;)

Sigma83
February 13th, 2007, 02:05
This is really fantastic. Thanks for picking up this project.

Sigma83
February 13th, 2007, 03:22
Yikes, um...i'm using supercard DS ONe. I adjusted it for the appropriate DLDI, and now when I try to play an MP3, the sound goes all Squibbly. The text scrolling features looks nifty, but hopefully this can be looked into.

(i should mention the prior version played mp3's without a problem).

woods05
February 13th, 2007, 04:32
I have MMP and it freezes on the "Starting..." screen.

When I press the "START" button while loading, the top screen is completely white without any text.

Pressing A or B or both while loading doesn't appear to help.

Sigma83
February 13th, 2007, 05:55
Did u patch it for the proper DLDI for your hardware? I noticed that exact result you got when I forgot to patch it.

talesyuan
February 13th, 2007, 06:05
yeah~
it better&better~
i like it~

talesyuan
February 13th, 2007, 06:08
o,forget
i'm using M3L,it works well~

Sigma83
February 13th, 2007, 06:57
Why would it be that all my music is sounding warped and squiggly theN? it all plays fine in moonshell and i never had a problem with previous releases of this software. Extremely frustrating. Glad u all got it working.

Junixx
February 13th, 2007, 13:07
I had a problem with 1 MP3, it played 4x-8x slower than it should have been playing...its hard to hear those low voices :rofl:

vanThijs
February 13th, 2007, 17:47
I'm experiencing some problems as well. Some mp3's play great, while others are scrambled.
(Using an EZ5)
The app has a very nice interface though!

Keep up the good work!

My error message is: recoverable frame level error (lost syncronisation) ency value)

Wolfgang89
February 25th, 2007, 07:30
ok i have the max media (not Supercard or anything else) i did patch it with DLDI and it still wont work...i even did the holding start and the A + B thing... wat am i doing wrong... ( i have moonshell and DSOrganizer (which doesnt even work)) need help...:mad:

DanTheManMS
February 25th, 2007, 23:50
Try the newer version, available at his homepage.

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2007, 00:08
i acually think moonshell is better cause i have less problems

DanTheManMS
February 26th, 2007, 00:12
True, I prefer Moonshell too, but you have to admit that it's fun to show this to people.

"You have an iPod... on your DS... wow"

That's usually the reaction I get, with some slight variation here and there, usually involving "you are one sad little man" or something similar. XD

benwalker
May 5th, 2007, 12:27
Try the newer version, available at his homepage.

Just got 1.02
Weird - Supercard DS-1, DLDI Patched correctly.
If I play the music in the "Now Playing" screen, it scrambles the sound after about 5 seconds. If I go back to the top level menu, the sound plays fine...

very bizarre...

benw

toymin80r
May 5th, 2007, 22:35
Hey wolfgang, if its patched and on your card, the only thing left to do is reset the time (although i dont remember ever having to do that).

saricane
April 26th, 2008, 13:55
uuhh when i get a question mark my screen freezes

cory1156
May 18th, 2008, 15:19
i have patched and installed this and everything works fine. i can change the skin quite easily and it is amazing, But when i start to play a song the play, battery, and album art icons flash on and off really fast. does anyone have a clue about this? happen to any one? i am using a ez-flash V.

smileyreilly
May 19th, 2008, 02:11
i keep getting the "404 error"
whats that???
and it dousnt play any of my mp3s???

ICE
May 19th, 2008, 02:26
It seems to freak out whenever I go to "Now Playing" with my MP3's.

smileyreilly
May 19th, 2008, 02:55
realy? yeah, i think ill just delete it and wait for it to get an update (i have a max media dock by the way)

soloster
May 22nd, 2008, 13:04
I think I might be being really silly but I can't figure out what to do for playlists...

I read somewhere about .m3u files so I used windows media player to make one of these but the ipod thing didn't even recognise it... not quite sure what to try now! any ideas?????

devlinm
December 4th, 2008, 03:53
I'm having the same issue with playlists. I tried making a playlist with Winamp and when I tried running it I just got some weird symbols and it locked up
:confused: