PDA

View Full Version : StrmnNrmn Gives Us a Sneak Peak at New UI

CaptainMorgan4
February 13th, 2007, 01:43
StrmnNrmn (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com) has posted a sneak peak at the new Daedalus N64 UI for psp, which is being implemented into the latest version R9. This release is slated to be released before Feb. 25th, if you ask me it looks nice.

Pic of Gui

http://bp3.blogger.com/_DFQdY4jxLWo/RdEQgmFy7uI/AAAAAAAAAD8/Cc6wm9I8zsk/s320/ui.png

ps. You can see he has Diddy Kong Racing in his rom list, does this mean DKR plays good now using Daedalus?

Man
February 13th, 2007, 02:04
Looks Great

pkmaximum
February 13th, 2007, 02:06
Looks absoluteley great, I seriously can't wait for this new upcoming release of R9. The only let down on this emulator right now is that he did not move sound to the ME yet =P

But he will soon and then many games should be considerately playable. I really look forward to the upcoming release. Post on his blog and give your support people =D

Mc_Logical
February 13th, 2007, 02:11
im itching to try this lol i recently bricked my psp testing something with the flash0 folders on custom firmware and the recovery mode died so i couldnt unbrick it but no worrys cos 2day i bought a new psp and the bricked psp just hangs on a black screen so im going to put the bricked psp in the new psp box and take it back where i got new psp and say, look i charged my psp it turns on but just hangs on this black screen, BOOM!! money back lol the new psp was 2.6 ive downgraded and installed custom firmware again and bricking my psp was bad timing for when this n64 R9 comes but hell no im not going without that easy lol cant wait for the release :thumbup:

ExcruciationX
February 13th, 2007, 02:15
Looks Excellent! :D

CaptainMorgan4
February 13th, 2007, 02:23
Damn I didn't think posting that would make the front page an everything but that's cool. Maybe you guys remember me from the Captain Morgan Daedalus Compatability Tests, a while back I did some private testing for StrmnNrmn. Anyway I'm looking forward to this release by my favorite coder StrmnNrmn!

Veskgar
February 13th, 2007, 02:24
Looks good indeed! Its definitely an exciting release which a lot of people are looking forward to.

Jpdeathblade
February 13th, 2007, 02:39
o man no resident evil2 on there, I can hope =P, great job I cant wait till it comes out.

dj2005
February 13th, 2007, 02:48
Nicely done. Seems to look very efficient and soothing. :)

CaptainMorgan4
February 13th, 2007, 02:51
If you want RE2 jsut use the PSX emulator on 3.10 OE-A'

Mc_Logical
February 13th, 2007, 03:20
If you want RE2 jsut use the PSX emulator on 3.10 OE-A' nope wrong it isnt compatable, parts of levels entering doors freezes the game ive even got psx game saves and used cw cheat to load a res 2 game save with the game complete and with extra bonuses Tofu and Hunk but almost every level at some place will freeze in certain doors ive tried two diff eboots and they both do exactly the same. Its either sonys emulator needs more compatabillity or the iso is faulty but i hope its compatable on this n64 R9 or maybe in the future plus the rom is only like 70mb.

xg917
February 13th, 2007, 03:21
haha i was about to post it myself
OMG EXCITE BIKE 64! i love that game only because of the funny glitches when you crash in certain spotts. and you spiinnnn around soo much like u can barely see it n its flying. man imma put that game on my psp for the new release! thanks for keeping us up to date CM4!

Lumir
February 13th, 2007, 03:31
Golden Eye... Perfect Dark... Mario cart... Mario Party... Snow Board Kids... im drooling for these games on my psp.

Next big thing for this emulator is sound converted to the ME. I hope in the future for multiplayer support. N64 games are just candy with multiplayer.

Mc_Logical
February 13th, 2007, 03:37
Golden Eye... Perfect Dark... Mario cart... Mario Party... Snow Board Kids... im drooling for these games on my psp.

Next big thing for this emulator is sound converted to the ME. I hope in the future for multiplayer support. N64 games are just candy with multiplayer. goldeneye and perfect dark im with u on that one man, i tried goldeneye on every damn n64 emulators for psp lol and never worked its funny cos the rom is only like 15mb I CANT WAIT TO TRY THIS NEW R9 DAMN just talking about it is bugging the shiz out of me lol patients though it will be here before we know it.

Shadowblind
February 13th, 2007, 03:42
Now look at this thread:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33580&highlight=Daedalus

This was the last update. Notice the date.

My point? Good to have you back SN :D

scarph
February 13th, 2007, 03:47
sweet says the starogre

starogre
February 13th, 2007, 03:48
i love dkr, hopefully it will work...

it says v1.0 next to it so maybe its under dev still but oh well, at least he recognizes it as a good game and a top priority compared to games that aren't on the list...still hoping for dk64 and super smash though!

BrooksyX
February 13th, 2007, 03:50
Now look at this thread:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33580&highlight=Daedalus

This was the last update. Notice the date.

My point? Good to have you back SN :D

Hey I posted that! It feels like it was over a year ago.

Its good to see some progress being made after not getting an update for months.

emuking
February 13th, 2007, 04:07
god multiplayer would be sweet :D

umm brooksyX that was over a year ago, r8 was february 2006 and r9 is going to be released at the end of february 2007, so to me that is a freaking long wait :)

BrooksyX
February 13th, 2007, 04:14
god multiplayer would be sweet :D

umm brooksyX that was over a year ago, r8 was february 2006 and r9 is going to be released at the end of february 2007, so to me that is a freaking long wait :)

Actually it was half a year ago. It came out in August, thats about 6 months. Still, thats a really long time.

Shadowblind
February 13th, 2007, 04:18
Yeah, compared to the rate, R1-8 came out within 3 months. 8 months later this R9 comes out. Ah, better late then never. :)

Mc_Logical
February 13th, 2007, 05:14
Actually it was half a year ago. It came out in August, thats about 6 months. Still, thats a really long time. well if its been that long lets hope the wait was worth it lol im not expecting to much from this emulator but i hope its good.

CaptainMorgan4
February 13th, 2007, 05:29
To the guy who asked about DKR being worked on with the whole "1.0" thing next to it, well it's just that roms name when under Daedalus. My rom of DKR is the same one (with the 1.0) it's just what someone named it, not any work by StrmnNrmn. Just clearing that up for you, anyway great to see you back StrmnNrmn you'll always be my favorite coder!

mikebeaver
February 13th, 2007, 09:57
I hate to burst everyones bubble, but this is a extract from Strmnnrmn's Blog....

[Edit - 9:22 AM] Please don't read anything into the list of titles shown in the screenshot above! I haven't been working on compatibility in R9 (with the exception of a few PIF fixes), so it's unlikely that anything which was broken in R8 is now working. Once R9 is released I'll hold a straw poll to see if you want me to focus on compatibility in R10, and if so, which titles.

On the plus side he does say that in R10 and onwards he will work on compatibility if needs be, so fingers crossed guys :)

Baboon
February 13th, 2007, 11:13
I hate to burst everyones bubble, but this is a extract from Strmnnrmn's Blog....

On the plus side he does say that in R10 and onwards he will work on compatibility if needs be, so fingers crossed guys :)

I'm not bothered anyway. ...for me Its all about mario kart and Supermarioworld! :thumbup:

PSPegasus
February 13th, 2007, 11:52
Looking real nice StrmnNrmn! Keep up the great work. Daedalus' awesome :-D.

darthhaze420
February 13th, 2007, 13:47
thank for all the hard work

stormbob
February 13th, 2007, 13:57
mm looks indeed nice, looking forward to a actually playable version of the emulator ;)

pkmaximum
February 13th, 2007, 15:08
Well I'm not expecting large roms to run efficiently like Zelda 64. but I bet games like Glover, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong, Super Mario 64, etc.. 8-16mb Will run at pretty decent frame rates. Because by the look sof things he is really getting the emulator optomized and if that is the case then it won't be too long before we have a decent speed playable n64 emulator with sound. Though I said it before he has to take a look at the ME first before we can expect anything like that.

But still the GUI look sreally nice and I'm still waiting anxiously for the release of R9, I can't wait to start testing games and finding out compatability for my self. Heck I might actually sit down and beat Super Mario 64 again if I think its that great =D

O-bake
February 13th, 2007, 16:06
I my opinion he shouldn't care about compatibility, but maybe optimize single games.
I mean, what is the sense, if we have a lot of unplayable slow games, compared to a playable few ones?

pkmaximum
February 13th, 2007, 16:16
Well I'm sure his over all game plan is to optomize his emulator as best as possible, its possible that unofficial coders, will tweak his scource code to make it more compatible with certain titles.

It reminds me of the Ultra HLE hoax, were it was hard coded for Zelda Ocarina of Time, with out a doubt that is definently the best method of getting a specific game to run, but it is also time consuming, because constant tweakin gof the source just to get 1 game to run efficeiently, may seem worth it in only some ways.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
February 13th, 2007, 16:19
hey!, you making me wet my pants more now!cant wait!

CaptainMorgan4
February 13th, 2007, 17:24
Well Diddy Kong Racing ran it's just you couldn't see where you were going, like I knew I was asking the Genie (elephant) because the vehicle select pops up. It's just I can't see where the levels are or anything to know if any of the racing parts of the game are cleared up. If those small fixes somehow worked for DKR I'll be very happy, I love the games that work now, but if DKR, Goldeneye, & SSB worked like the others than this emulator would be looked at better. Hopefully he'll work on compatability in the next version, I do want speed though, but either way STRMNNRMN IS BACK AND HERE IN DELAWARE ITS A SNOW DAY!!!!

ps. I'm a senior so please don't think I'm some little kid

ryanMWolfe
February 13th, 2007, 20:04
Ok what is the best Daedalus (Spiff up) out right now?? i've been following Official releases but are there any unoficial good fast ones??

xg917
February 13th, 2007, 20:12
unoficial ones are just fixed graphical issues. not any faster to me, but i may be wrong. Daedalus R8 Spiff-up 1.3 is the latest one, besides R9 that is comming out

mfz64
February 14th, 2007, 01:09
awesome