PDA

View Full Version : half-life...just so you know...

dark heart
February 13th, 2007, 10:12
just so you know, the idea of half-life on psp isn't dead, and seeing how much you jokers are yearning for it, I'm just at the early stages of getting a team together to produce the engine! so all i need is someone who knows about different half-life formats, settings and scripts, and a few porters/coders.
Or really who ever i can muster!:o
if anyones interested in joining inform me -here- tell me what you can contribute and your email address.

what i/we plan to do is create an engine then make a small test file so we don't run into anything elegal.:)

EDIT: just for people who haven't been here yet, this is off until i can either code or someone volunteers to help me.

yaustar
February 13th, 2007, 18:48
Where are you getting the code base from? Are you creating it from scratch or porting an existing engine?

F9zDark
February 13th, 2007, 21:06
Without the Half Life source code this will be a tall order. And if you are going to code an engine from scratch, why use the Half Life IP? Why not create an original game, with an original story.

I do love playing the classics on PSP, but the homebrew scene really needs its own, original games, to ensure lasting success. If you can get the HL source code and make a port, by all means. But if you're going to code an engine from scratch, please consider the notion of making an original game.

However, to aid you in your quest, the Half Life engine is, essentially, a hybrid of the Quake and Quake 2 engines. Both of which I believe have sources released and Quake 2 has made its way to the PSP. If McZonk released the source of his work, that may be a good starting point. As far as I am aware the map and model architecture is similar if not the same between Quake 2 and Half Life.

Welshboy
February 13th, 2007, 21:32
Half life isnt going to be half life without the accurate source code. I've wasted days of my life to it. It's one of those great games thats like pissing on the Mona Lisa if done wrong. Not putting the pressure on or anything ;-)

dark heart
February 15th, 2007, 05:21
baby steps people! we gotta make the engine first before we even think about making an original mod! but if we get the engine done I'll try put loads of effort into a game based on the engine. And it would be good to make a game based on the half-life engine because it's nice and flexible and i got a few hundred tools for it.:) I'm not gonna be doing much coding, as i said I'm gonna be in charge of media, it's what i do best!

And hey i got a perfectly good source code!:cool:

So no new games until the engine and test demo are done, and even still I'm waiting for some volunteers to help.

until then I'm gonna make some smash gpsp stuff!:D

psiko_scweek
February 15th, 2007, 05:44
making the engine first, im going to assume its from scratch, why not just work on your own IP and use ideas from HL and make it compaitble with HL formats.

dark heart
February 16th, 2007, 05:45
dude. i thought i made it pretty clear that i can't code.
thats why i need help with it, i said that I'm doing the media and organizing this.

I'll have to see how i can get more people to know what I'm doing.
this doesn't seem to be attracting many coders/moders/porters.

F9zDark
February 16th, 2007, 07:46
dude. i thought i made it pretty clear that i can't code.
thats why i need help with it, i said that I'm doing the media and organizing this.

I'll have to see how i can get more people to know what I'm doing.
this doesn't seem to be attracting many coders/moders/porters.

Of course not. There's a reason that all the homebrew is self coded and not run by a team with a non-coding team leader.

dark heart
February 16th, 2007, 22:24
hey! maybe they should make a game with just coding alone! wouldn't that be great! no! half of a game is media ok. media makes a very large percent of a game,
a game doesn't stand alone by media itself.
i want to help with the test pak and an other mod,
and i have a lot of tools for doing so.
but the reason this needs more than one person is because it will most likely need more than one head
as it is a big task.

also, i never said i was a team leader, someone's got to get it kick started and at the same time people are trying to slow it down, can you please leave it if you don't have anything constructive to say.

I'm still open to those posts that i suggested, game developers welcome!

Alfifred
February 16th, 2007, 22:27
Start learning C++, take a look at the LTE Game Engine and you have something to start with.
Since you have the tools to make models and stuff it should be possible to make a clone of Half-Life.

dark heart
February 16th, 2007, 22:37
yer nobody here, thats pretty clear to me apart from yaustar, that has a mild interest in what i'm doing, thats because all i'm getting in this area are spam monkeys, who seem to think it's ok to rubbish something that has a little crack here and there, what are you trying to achieve? do you want to rub salt in my wounds so i never want to make games again? if you are well done, congrats, are you happy? i'm certainly not, everyone has to start from somewhere, and it's people like you that stop things that can become great achievements.

this thread has come to an end. just shut it down.

Shadowblind
February 16th, 2007, 22:51
A leader doesnt neccesarily need to be able to code, he just needs to be able to hold the project together.

Sorry, I cant really think of anyone except maybe Bronx and Zion who might help...

dark heart
February 16th, 2007, 23:01
thanks, obviously not like the rest of them.

Alfifred
February 16th, 2007, 23:35
yer nobody here, thats pretty clear to me apart from yaustar, that has a mild interest in what i'm doing, thats because all i'm getting in this area are spam monkeys, who seem to think it's ok to rubbish something that has a little crack here and there, what are you trying to achieve?
Why should I help you developing a game if there isn't even a base to start from?

...everyone has to start from somewhere...
Have you started from somewhere up to now.
Nobody is going to help you if there is no base to start from.
Why do I tell you that? Because I am developer
and I see no reason to help you.
Your project has "no taste", that's the reason, not the people posting that your project makes no sense at all...

F9zDark
February 17th, 2007, 07:01
hey! maybe they should make a game with just coding alone! wouldn't that be great! no! half of a game is media ok. media makes a very large percent of a game,
a game doesn't stand alone by media itself.
i want to help with the test pak and an other mod,
and i have a lot of tools for doing so.
but the reason this needs more than one person is because it will most likely need more than one head
as it is a big task.

also, i never said i was a team leader, someone's got to get it kick started and at the same time people are trying to slow it down, can you please leave it if you don't have anything constructive to say.

I'm still open to those posts that i suggested, game developers welcome!

I was being constructive. Honestly man, I have tried getting mods started with Half Life and Half Life 2 for the better part of 4 years. Nothing gets started without a core team of coders and modelers as far as HL is concerned.

The PSP is even less forgiving, with coders being the bare minimum to get a game off the ground. By all means prove me wrong.

Perhaps it would help you considerably to make friends with established coders around here and give them help on their projects media wise, then see if they want to help you out in return.

Really, something as daunting as this needs the engine first, which will require massive coding. Without the code to render the models and textures on the PSP, all the media in the world will mean nothing.

yer nobody here, thats pretty clear to me apart from yaustar, that has a mild interest in what i'm doing, thats because all i'm getting in this area are spam monkeys, who seem to think it's ok to rubbish something that has a little crack here and there, what are you trying to achieve? do you want to rub salt in my wounds so i never want to make games again? if you are well done, congrats, are you happy? i'm certainly not, everyone has to start from somewhere, and it's people like you that stop things that can become great achievements.

this thread has come to an end. just shut it down.

I am sorry that you can't take a little criticism. And I am by no means a "spam monkey". I am not trying to rub salt in your wounds; but I am a realist. And quite frankly, your responses to criticism only tarnish your project.

BrooksyX
February 17th, 2007, 07:31
This project sounds really good on paper, but I don't see it ever becoming a reality.

dark heart
February 17th, 2007, 23:31
i'm not going to attempt to read that, if i did i'd never forgive myself. if i want my self esteem in one piece i'll leave this thread now, have fun.

F9zDark
February 18th, 2007, 02:21
i'm not going to attempt to read that, if i did i'd never forgive myself. if i want my self esteem in one piece i'll leave this thread now, have fun.

Whatever, I wasn't trying to reduce your self esteem. If this is how you get from criticism before your project is even started, I cannot imagine what would happen to you if your work was criticized when you actually have made progress.

No offense, but if you can't take constructive criticism then you really have no place developing games.

I was being respectful and constructive to you from my first post and in the post that you cared not to read, you missed this little tid bit tip that I gave you:

Perhaps it would help you considerably to make friends with established coders around here and give them help on their projects media wise, then see if they want to help you out in return.

Shadowblind
February 18th, 2007, 04:16
I could probably make a half-life .WAD for Doom-PSP but that would take a long time and someone would have to provide gun, enemy and item sprites.

As for directly porting it... :(

dark heart
February 21st, 2007, 09:14
ha! i have a coder on my side already! the newest coder to join the project is Bytrix! put that in your pipe and smoke it.

yer ok what ever, most of it wasn't constructive

only came back to tell you that I'm going fine.

EDIT- holy cow! everything outside just went yellow! could be fire...

EvilDooinz
February 21st, 2007, 18:13
sorry but without the time or money to put into this project i just don't think it would last that long dev teams spend months - years working on games like half-life even if some one managed to make a engine its getting coders to use it. there are allready great game engines out there like LTE. I would just try and work with that and save you/your team some time and work and make something playable.

dark heart
February 22nd, 2007, 06:47
i'll tell you why we are using the half-life engine, i have tons of tools for it, i know it well and people can instantly play half-life mods- i think? and half-life or counter strike.

besides i have a kick ass idea for a mod i won't ruin the surprise though, you will have to wait.

coo
February 22nd, 2007, 16:07
sounds cool! i can't wait!

:)

-coo

johnny11358
February 23rd, 2007, 01:52
Dark heart i think you rock man keep doing your thing F*ck what other ppl say. BTW im begining to study C++ =)

Alfifred
February 24th, 2007, 16:12
Man, how often do I have to say that:
You can't port the GoldSrc engine without its sources!
A port is a program/game that was reprogramed for an other platform.
And as long as you don't have the sources you shouldn't call it a port.
LTE really is the better engine because you can already
use bsp maps and Half-Life models (if you write a loader yourself) with it.
Life with it, you CAN'T port the GoldSrc engine.

SSaxdude
February 24th, 2007, 17:14
If someone can get the HL source code, I'd like to see Counter Strike ported as well but multiplayer might be hard to set up.

Alfifred
February 24th, 2007, 18:23
Noone can get the HL source code.
It costs way too much for such a little project, that's the problem.
You could only make a clone of Half-Life,
but that's the only thing you can do, dark heart.

Malksta
February 25th, 2007, 00:51
Noone can get the HL source code.
It costs way too much for such a little project, that's the problem.
You could only make a clone of Half-Life,
but that's the only thing you can do, dark heart.

We have the HL2 source code, LOL

Cloudhunter
February 25th, 2007, 01:05
i'll tell you why we are using the half-life engine, i have tons of tools for it, i know it well and people can instantly play half-life mods- i think? and half-life or counter strike.

besides i have a kick ass idea for a mod i won't ruin the surprise though, you will have to wait.

I'm sorry to be one of these "spam monkeys" as you call us, but it's clear that you have NO clue of what you are talking about.

How can you port an engine, without source? Having lots of tools will mean jack shit if you can't even make the engine for the tools to work on...

The most you can manage is a CLONE, and even then your "tools" likely won't work.

Anyone can download tools from the internet...

I wish you luck anyway, even though what you are proposing is preposterous.

Cloudy

Alfifred
February 25th, 2007, 10:31
We have the HL2 source code, LOL

Yeah, but as you SHOULD know it was hacked off Valve's content servers.
Also it wasn't the complete source code, some files were missing.

@ Cloudhunter: Of course he doesn't know of what he is talking about.
He is just 14 years old, he doesn't even know what a 3d engine does,
he isn't even a programer but he wants to have his own game.
All he wants to do is to use his damn models and tools.

=Trojan=
February 25th, 2007, 12:20
F*ck what other ppl say.

Other people are telling the truth about this idea

dark heart
February 27th, 2007, 09:29
lol, I've been learning about game mechanics since i was ten, now i'm about to make you change your minds as i present you with these.

i made it with 3ds max 7,
made textures and the lot,

An engine is a library of information containing necessary functions to run the media provided,
it is the very base of the program. The data, ie "pak" contains the scripts that make the game unique and different. the scripts like, events and situations ect are not included with the engine, the engine is just meant to read the information and execute it in a familiar exe.

waiting for a come back...

Cloudhunter
February 27th, 2007, 11:19
Yeah, so what if you can make models? Without an engine to run it, you are up the creek without a paddle.

And the fact still remains (which you have never answered) that you can't port an engine that doesn't have a source...

Cloudy

mcvader
February 27th, 2007, 12:51
If you're making a port why do you need to make models anyway? Half-Life models are easy to export.

As Cloudhunter has said no source=no port, why not port an engine that the source is available for like Quake3 (which is a more advanced enigine anyway)?

Having said that porting Q3 would be almost impossible itself, you'd be best off making a Half-Life mod for Iris or maybe Quake1.

Don't aim too high or you won't get anything done, best to put you're efforts into something possible. Good luck.

JForce
February 27th, 2007, 16:23
Hi guys,

Darkheart, while I admit that HL would be awesome on the PSP, the best thing that you can do is to start small. You're not going to find a team of people prepared to make half-life on the PSP, and you might tread on some IP toes if you did...

However you might well be able to find a good PSP coders and suggest a good idea for a very basic shooting game (say from the POV of a static combatant shooting moving targets). When you have that look into the possibility of having multiple moving combatants. Aside from producing a potentially challenging and fun game you'd build up an infrastructure for and interest in your PSP projects.

I liked the models by the way!

F9zDark
February 28th, 2007, 05:57
Hi guys,

Darkheart, while I admit that HL would be awesome on the PSP, the best thing that you can do is to start small. You're not going to find a team of people prepared to make half-life on the PSP, and you might tread on some IP toes if you did...

However you might well be able to find a good PSP coders and suggest a good idea for a very basic shooting game (say from the POV of a static combatant shooting moving targets). When you have that look into the possibility of having multiple moving combatants. Aside from producing a potentially challenging and fun game you'd build up an infrastructure for and interest in your PSP projects.

I liked the models by the way!

I suggested before that Dark Heart make an original game, but that apparently fell on deaf ears. I'd love to play Half Life on my PSP, but I'd much rather play something original. Something that only us PSP Homebrew Users have.

Not only does that make me more inclined to allow it memory stick space, but it also advances the scene. Once Dark Heart and company releases their killer 3d FPS engine, the floodgates will open for a vast amount of new game ideas, stories and experiences.

Make an HL clone and what do we have? HL and its mods.... Yay...

dark heart
March 1st, 2007, 05:25
well, i did think it over a while ago, half-life is probably a little over rated, but this guy is helping me with the project, so it's all good, i have my own game that Ive been working on, might make half-life later... but yes it is a quake 3 base:D

and i have all the tools i need!

and bytrix (who's helping me) wants to recreate some of half-life, so I'm pretty sure it's still coming,
i told him there wasn't much point, but he seemed very enthusiastic to do so.:)

i will announce my game idea once i have got everything i want for the first couple of maps, and i might release an alpha, but don't be pressuring me, i plan to make a nice big game and i'm finding it rather difficult to make models that have 1000 polys or less, add animations and add textures.

mcvader
March 1st, 2007, 06:50
Porting the Quake3 engine? that would be awesome!! good luck :)

Accordion
March 1st, 2007, 10:39
funny funny....puberty hurts...

chill out, no one has spammed this thread, or flamed you at all, you are just way too uptight...not exactly your fault though...damm you nature!

your own project you speek of is probably just an IRIS mod...

dark heart
March 2nd, 2007, 05:36
maybe, I'm uptight cos your under minding me? any fool can make an iris mod, it's simple and only multiplayer. I'm using quake 3 not iris, I'm using every single format needed for the engine ok?
and someone else is doing the coding.

And I'm not making a quake 3 engine and i can't tell you who is . just trust that it will be a good game and leave it.

Bytrix
March 2nd, 2007, 09:45
So far I've kept quiet here, but I think a few things need to be cleared up.

1. This is not Half-Life (although that was the original idea, I have convinced dark heart that is would be way too much work.), nor is it Quake3. The only thing this even has in common with Quake3 is we're using GtkRadiant to build the maps.

2. I am developing my own engine (part of which is a BSP46 renderer with MDR/MD3 models and maps made using the latest build of GtkRadiant (with a custom entitity list)).

3. I am working on a sort of mod system for my engine, the first of which will be a CS inspired mod. With a UT mod coming later. (My personal projects).

4. I expressed interest in the project to dark heart but told him we can't port HL (and use his existing tools) and we can't remake it would take way too long.

5. As a test for my engine (and demos which will be available on my website as the engine nears beta (it will be available under some open-source license, not decided which yet)) I am going to show a few maps from different games running in my engine. One I fancy making to show the scripting working is the train ride from HL.. that's it for now.

So.. This thread really should just be allowed to die for now and a new one started for dark heart's new project (for which we are using my base engine).

yaustar
March 2nd, 2007, 10:54
That's better. For the Open source license, I would like to ask for you to release it under the BSD or MIT as the GPL is a pain to work with other libraries.

Bytrix
March 2nd, 2007, 12:30
Yeah I'm looking into options at the moment. I'm not releasing under GPL as personally I don't care if people use my source and want to release their own source code.

Although really I don't know how much use any of my code will be to anyone. The modding system of the engine will be of more use so people can modify game rules to create different types of games and objectives from simple deathmatch to capture and control type games.

yaustar
March 2nd, 2007, 12:59
I imagine the source of the engine would be handy for those wanting to create their own games without having to do too much lower level stuff such as model loading.

Accordion
March 2nd, 2007, 14:35
So far I've kept quiet here, but I think a few things need to be cleared up.

1. This is not Half-Life (although that was the original idea, I have convinced dark heart that is would be way too much work.), nor is it Quake3. The only thing this even has in common with Quake3 is we're using GtkRadiant to build the maps.

2. I am developing my own engine (part of which is a BSP46 renderer with MDR/MD3 models and maps made using the latest build of GtkRadiant (with a custom entitity list)).

3. I am working on a sort of mod system for my engine, the first of which will be a CS inspired mod. With a UT mod coming later. (My personal projects).

4. I expressed interest in the project to dark heart but told him we can't port HL (and use his existing tools) and we can't remake it would take way too long.

5. As a test for my engine (and demos which will be available on my website as the engine nears beta (it will be available under some open-source license, not decided which yet)) I am going to show a few maps from different games running in my engine. One I fancy making to show the scripting working is the train ride from HL.. that's it for now.

So.. This thread really should just be allowed to die for now and a new one started for dark heart's new project (for which we are using my base engine).

very good. thanks for the information

dark heart
March 2nd, 2007, 22:55
eh? bytrix you said you wanted to make the levels where he comes in on the train? you changed your mind?

and it was a quake 3 engine as far as i was told.

p.s, i was trying to keep the quake 3 engine port secrete cos you said you didn't want me to post info on it.

Edit: ok, the train ride is still in there so that means you could release that bit separate? or just for a test map?

Bytrix
March 3rd, 2007, 00:12
What? It's obviously not 'a quake 3 engine'. It's my own engine. And I never told you to keep anything secret. I already said MANY times that I am making maps from different games to show the features of my engine. The train ride from the start of Half-Life is one such map I am working on.

dark heart
March 3rd, 2007, 06:47
while we're here, i got everything right with the map exporting, i just make the polys in max, texture it in hammer, then add entities in quark.

**1_Man_Matrix**
March 6th, 2007, 22:25
I was looking into some Half-life PSP stuff a while back, and I had a few ideas...

Would it be:

A) Legal
B) Easier
C) worth

Porting the Half-life UPLINK DEMO to PSP?
also, could we just port over the necessary files such as DLL's and Eboot's for PSP, and make people have to grab a copy of the UPLINK DEMO themselves for the rest of the files?

If someone could just port that over successfully, then perhaps people might feel a little more enthusiastic about the full Half-life experience.

I'm not a coder, I'm just someone who would love to have Half-life running on PSP. It's because I'm not a coder that I won't push anyone with a project like this, but I'm all for it :)

F9zDark
March 7th, 2007, 06:39
I was looking into some Half-life PSP stuff a while back, and I had a few ideas...

Would it be:

A) Legal
B) Easier
C) worth

Porting the Half-life UPLINK DEMO to PSP?
also, could we just port over the necessary files such as DLL's and Eboot's for PSP, and make people have to grab a copy of the UPLINK DEMO themselves for the rest of the files?

If someone could just port that over successfully, then perhaps people might feel a little more enthusiastic about the full Half-life experience.

I'm not a coder, I'm just someone who would love to have Half-life running on PSP. It's because I'm not a coder that I won't push anyone with a project like this, but I'm all for it :)

Thats even a more daunting task than porting over the entire engine! Heres why:

1)Decompiling the DLLs, which are undoubtedly written in C++ for an x86 processor running Windows.

2)Rewriting code that has been optimized for a certain chip and operating system and written in a language that the PSP doesn't understand to code that can be understood by the PSP.

3)Recompiling properly to work on the PSP.

After that is all said and done it would have just been easier to write an engine from scratch...

**1_Man_Matrix**
March 7th, 2007, 21:29
Thats even a more daunting task than porting over the entire engine! Heres why:

1)Decompiling the DLLs, which are undoubtedly written in C++ for an x86 processor running Windows.

2)Rewriting code that has been optimized for a certain chip and operating system and written in a language that the PSP doesn't understand to code that can be understood by the PSP.

3)Recompiling properly to work on the PSP.

After that is all said and done it would have just been easier to write an engine from scratch...

Well, atleast you've given us a constructive answer, and thats what I appreciate most :thumbup:

Most people aren't stupid, so explaining things in detail is really helpful, thanks.

Well, Half-life clone with a completely new engine it is then :D hah

h4s30
March 14th, 2007, 02:49
gawd i wanna learn how to do this 1337 business

Cap'n 1time
March 14th, 2007, 02:52
Well, atleast you've given us a constructive answer, and thats what I appreciate most :thumbup:

Most people aren't stupid, so explaining things in detail is really helpful, thanks.

Well, Half-life clone with a completely new engine it is then :D hah

NO! Seriously, If you are going to use another engine do something new and unique!

**1_Man_Matrix**
March 15th, 2007, 01:53
NO! Seriously, If you are going to use another engine do something new and unique!

Hah, yer but people are always doing new and unique things, Some people just want Half-life on PSP! hah. New and unique we have. Half-life PSP we don't :p

I mean I know it's nearly impossible, and won't happen, but it is the main topic of this thread. atleast it was :rolleyes: haha

F9zDark
March 17th, 2007, 01:23
I see where Capn1time is coming from, I'd much rather see a new, unique PSP homebrew than a clone. I'd love to play HL on PSP, but I'd much rather play a completely new game.

The reason? I have played through HL and to be honest FPS games on the PSP suck. I would have no drive to play through it again, because the controls would annoy me to death. However, if it was a new game, I'd like to find out how it ends and would be that much more motivated to trudge through it and find out.

BlackShark
March 18th, 2007, 01:30
really? FPS don't bother me much, I can deal with the controls.

Shadowblind
March 18th, 2007, 01:54
I could make a half-life clone using the doom-psp, but I'd need some really good sprites, textures, and a map of each levels lay-out, all of which I unfortunately really have no idea where to get them. It'd take a long time too...

keefurxxcore
March 18th, 2007, 02:08
better get started!

haha im joking, you should just make up your own game. Better than dungeons, something like The Matrix and Dark City (google it, great movie) and have people with guns and powers!!!! freakin awsome! :D

**1_Man_Matrix**
March 19th, 2007, 05:46
Well then...

Guess I'm the only one who carries around Doom 1, 2 & Final, Duke 3D, Quake 1 & 2 on their PSP... Even though I've played through them a million times...

dark heart
March 21st, 2007, 05:53
wow, i thought this thread would be way down there,
and hey i wanted to make my own game.
i got bored with tying to get maps to work.
still waiting for somethings that doesn't involve me making lots of stuff and finding out that it won't work. :)

h4s30
March 22nd, 2007, 02:56
bump HL i think you should make something innovative and great like a castlevania game or something well it may not be all that innovative but there isn't one for the psp yet....

dark heart
March 22nd, 2007, 21:00
this is driving me crazy, I'm taking a brake to make a platformer. :D
and by the way, i'm not doing half-life anymore, not unless someone still wants to help in the grueling process of helping me make the engine, i ask for help because i don't know how to code and don't know how to find out... but i do kick ass media! :D

h4s30
March 22nd, 2007, 22:48
dood they got tuts here if you wanna learn

Cloudhunter
March 22nd, 2007, 23:33
Yeah, but it is hard to code an engine from scratch... It's not something you can learn in 20 minutes, it will take months to learn.

Cloudy

h4s30
March 23rd, 2007, 18:22
well i didn't really say what i meant i sorta half assed it but i was meaning start from scratch like make a pong game then like work up from there

dark heart
March 23rd, 2007, 23:36
where are these tutorials?
p.s i asked martin, and he told me he'd been coding since he was 12,
lets just have a look at this tutorial?

lol find em as soon as i went out. :)

h4s30
March 24th, 2007, 04:03
its a sticky you should find here i think its for C+

HardHat
March 28th, 2007, 17:17
this is driving me crazy, I'm taking a brake to make a platformer. :D
and by the way, i'm not doing half-life anymore, not unless someone still wants to help in the grueling process of helping me make the engine, i ask for help because i don't know how to code and don't know how to find out... but i do kick ass media! :D

SANiK has a complete .SMD in-game model support for his game engine. He is also looking for someone with some original SMD models. Maybe hook up with him?

SANiK
March 29th, 2007, 02:52
Scratch/forget what HardHat said...
But I do have a demo that I coded a while back to test some stuff

http://sanik.hacking-cult.org/MK2HL.png

http://sanik.hacking-cult.org/MK2HL.zip

Things that are incomplete
1) Weapon switching gets jammed
2) Animations are unoptomized hence they're slow (have too much debug code running in the background)
3) Polygons disappear - easily fixed yet again

But no - I have no time to do a HL port.
This all was just another one of my tests.

dark heart
March 29th, 2007, 09:01
wow, that looks great, why not finish what ever that is??

and why must things be smd? why can't they be mdls?

if thats just a test, what are you working on? I'm just an artist who can't code. i could help with the graphics if you want.