PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet & Clank Blast into Retail

wraggster
February 13th, 2007, 23:47
Today Sony Computer Entertainment announced the release of Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, a PSP-exclusive outing for the duo that's been blasting up the PlayStation 2 for the last few years. Developed by the new High Impact Games, Size Matters returns to the franchise's roots with its mix of platforming and 'shoot everything' gameplay.

Size Matters takes place after the events of 2005's Ratchet: Deadlocked. Players will find Ratchet and Clank taking a much needed vacation -- but while relaxing, they are approached by a young girl named Luna who is writing a school paper on heroes. When Luna is kidnapped by some sketchy robots, R&C set out to rescue her and stumble into another galactic adventure.

Building on the franchise's reputation for innovative weaponry, High Impact Games has included new weapons of mass destruction: the Bee mine Glove, Acid Bomb, Laser Tracer, and Sprout-o-Matic. Old favorites such as the Blitz Cannon, Agents of Doom, and the Shrink Ray also make a return.

via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/764/764049p1.html)

IamAbe
February 14th, 2007, 00:00
I can't wait to get this game!!! the stores near me say they wont have it in till tomorrow tho.

Old favorites such as the Blitz Cannon, Agents of Doom, and the Shrink Ray also make a return.

which ones the 'shrink ray' from???

Jpdeathblade
February 14th, 2007, 01:12
lol ign messed up =P
I got a beta test of this game, its fun as hell, i cant wait to pick this one up

Veskgar
February 14th, 2007, 08:22
I wasn't too impressed with the online BETA. It showed some potential but didn't seem to be all that fun.

However, I bet the game has been greatly improved for the final build and the reviews for the game have been great.

Even if the online mode of the game is still not all that great, the single-player game should be awesome.

I will be braving the winter chill to hunt this down today.

dejkirkby
February 14th, 2007, 09:13
I've played the single player demo and it's ace. No word of a UK release though!