PDA

View Full Version : Planet Moon no longer a PSP exclusive dev

wraggster
February 13th, 2007, 23:52
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/13/planet-moon-no-longer-a-psp-exclusive-dev/)

Planet Moon, the famed developer of titles like Giants and MDK, became a PSP-exclusive developer at the system's launch. Since then, it has released the zombie-shooter Infected and is finishing up the upcoming Sega remake, After Burner. Speaking to 1UP, the team has revealed that they are no longer a PSP-exclusive team: "We're no longer a PSP exclusive developer," confirms Planet Moon chief operating officer Aaron Loeb. "One of the things that was funny was when we made that announcement, people assumed what we were announcing. They sort of read between the lines and assumed that we'd become a handheld developer, which was never our intention with it. The goal of Planet Moon when it was founded was to make original IP and it's still our goal as a company -- it's still our striving mission."

While it's sad to see such a high-profile developer move on to other systems, I hope they don't ignore our handheld for whatever future projects they work on.

benn
February 14th, 2007, 13:04
myeh. no real loss. i played both of their games and was not really impressed with either.

i think it is funny that their striving mission is to bring out original IP.... like a 15 year old jet fighter game. yeah really original guys.