PDA

View Full Version : PSP: NJ Emulator Suite v.2.0 - CPS2 - CPS1 - NeoGeo and Neogeo CD Emulators Updated

b8a
February 14th, 2007, 12:15
NJ (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) has once again said farewell to the PSP scene, this time offering a major update to all of his emulators as a final parting gift.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Adhoc_Emulation_on_PSP_Has_Arrived

We have new versions of each emulator for

CPS2
CPS1
Neogeo MVS
NeoGeo CD

The BIG ADDITION IS ADHOC VERSIONS OF EACH EMULATOR, WIRELESS EMULATION FOR MORE THAN 1 IS NOW HERE

Last Words

Although it was my intention to stop updates as of 2007/01/28, I delayed it a bit due to various issues, but am now finished making updates as of today, 2007/02/14. I will not be making any more PSP software, but it is my hope that these will be of some use as reference.

2007/02/14 NJ
About The Software Presented Here

Overview

-If you have used any of the previous versions please take note that a portion of the control scheme as changed. The menu is opened with the HOME button.
-Please read the readme_???.txt included with each software first.
-The control schemes are all pretty much the same. They are written in the readme_???.txt (files) so please run your eyes over them.
-For all menus other than the main menu, there is a simple controls help function available. It is displayed by pressing the R TRIGGER, so please run your eyes over these as well.
-I have also prepared Japanese language versions of the 3 arcade emulators, however the amount of allocatable memory decreases by about 800KB (with these).

About The resource_jp.zip (file) Included With The English Language Version (Excluding NCDZPSP)

-The files included in the English language version resource_jp.zip are files that are necessary if Japanese is to be used in the game list and the command list.
*If you are not going to use Japanese this (file) is unnecessary so please delete it.
*When displaying Japanese, copy the files included in resource_jp.zip exactly as they are to /PSP/GAME/CPS1PSP/.
-Even in the English language version, when using the Japanese command list, the Japanese font is loaded, and the amount of allocatable memory decreases by that amount.

About Emulators That Use Cache

-All of the CPS2PSP games, as well as almost half of the MVSPSP games, will not run if you do not create cache files for them.
-Please create the cache files with the romcnv_cps2.exe and/or romcnv.mvs.exe included with the released binaries. Since I included a version check, you can not use older cache files.
-With CPS2PSP, it is possible to use zip compressed cache files, however, the speed drops considerably compared to uncompressed cache files. Other than a few of the smaller games, I recommend that you use uncompressed cache files.
-When using cache files, the speed of the game is influenced by the loading speed of the Memory Stick. When using AdHoc, the speed of your opponent's (Memory Stick) will have an effect, so it is better if you don't use pre-PRO Memory Sticks.

About The AdHoc Version

-I put various efforts into stabilizing it, but since there are a lot of unknowns about the PSP AdHoc, even though it's gotten somewhat better, it's still unstable.
-It's possible to play normally even with the AdHoc version. The reason I separated it from the regular version is because the speed of the AdHoc version is somewhat slower. If you do not plan on using AdHoc, I recommend that you use the regular version.
-When using AdHoc, a portion of the options are fixed. Due to synchronization circumstances with NCDZPSP, the load screen emulation is always set.
-Since you can't synchronize with different binaries, you will not be able to connect between a Japanese version and an English version.

About The Command List File Size Reduction Function (I forgot to write this in the documentation)

-When you select command.dat in the file browser, the file size reduction function starts up. Since the Japanese language version of a MAME! Plus command list is close to 4MB, please execute this first. Game loading times will somewhat decrease.

*Please refer to each emulator's section to see what's changed.

Changes for CPS2 Emulator

-Due to merging the NCDZPSP source, all of the source (code) has been rewritten.
-Added a Japanese interface version to all of the emulators. Compared with the English language version, the Japanese language version consumes about an extra 800KB of memory.
-Added compatibility with MAME Plus! style command lists. Please place command.dat in the same directory as the EBOOT.PBP. Also, when using a Japanese language command list, an approximate 800KB of extra memory is consumed.
-Although the amount of items that can be set in the makefile have increased, it is better not to use UI_BPP32 outside of NCDZPSP. You can compile with it, but instances occur where there's not enough memory and games won't launch.

-----------------------------------------------
Fixed Bugs

-Fixed a bug where there wasn't enough memory for a portion of games and sometimes the screen would get messed up.

Changes for CPS1 Emulator

-Implemented changes from MAME 0.112u1. I've changed it to use different cache files for mpang and mpangj so please be aware of this. (Although in reality there's only a few dots different)
-Changed the cache file version. Please remake all of your cache files with the included romcnv_cps2.exe (file).

----------------------------------------------
Fixed Bugs

-Fixed a bug where there were instances with line scroll where sprites couldn't be drawn correctly.

Changes

-Changed the sprite texture format to a joint use of CLUT8 and RGBA5551.
-Added AdHoc compatibility.
-Changed it so that the sound sample rate can be changed without relaunching.

Changes for Neogeo MVS Emulator

-Changed the sprite texture format to CLUT8.
-Changed the button for launching the BIOS select menu from the file browser to "START" from "L TRIGGER".
-Changed the cache file version. Please remake all of your cache files with the included romcnv_mvs.exe (file).
-Reverted to allowing UNI-BIOS by default, but due to limitations arising from it not working without allocating raster processing, the speed will drop when compared to other BIOS and I do not recommend it's usage.
-Added AdHoc compatibility. You can not use any BIOS other than MVS BIOS (AES BIOS, UNI-BIOS, Debug BIOS) with AdHoc. When starting AdHoc, the BIOS select menu is displayed, so there's no need to change it in advance. Also, the analog input in irrmaze and popbounc is unsupported.
-Changed it so that the sound sample rate can be changed without relaunching.

Changes for NeoGeo CD Emulator

-Rewrote all of the source code. Since there's just too many changes, I'll just write the most important below. Basically, please just think of it as entirely different from previous NCDZPSP (versions).
-Same as the other emulators, changed it so that the roms folder is the initial folder.
-Changed it so that the menu is opened with the HOME button. You can no longer specify it's usage, but there shouldn't be any need to.
-Since I've changed it so that it will launch by selecting the folder irregardless of zip or not, make sure to create a folder and place inside it either the ZIP file or all of the files taken from the CD-ROM. Please refer to readme_ncdz.txt for the details.
-Changed the folder for placing MP3s from "neocd.mp3" to "mp3". (Since I dislike folder names that include periods)
-Changed the folder for placing command.dat from "data" folder to the same folder as the EBOOT.PBP.
-Added AdHoc compatibility.
-Due to circumstances with using the Square button with AdHoc, transfered the BIOS launch to the START button.

I won't be updating this page, but as long as it is not deleted I plan on leaving it here.
Further, I request that you not distribute the files listed in here as part of auctions, etc...

2007/01/28 NJ

(If there is enough demand, I will also translate the readme (and what-not) files.)

As long as there has been no major changes to the cache creation system, I should be able to release an update to MacX_romcnv for Mac users within the next day or two.

I can't say it enough, but THANK YOU SO MUCH, NJ for all of the work you have put into the fullest possible realization of these emulators.

Download and Give Feedback on all the Emulators via Comments

QueadlunnRau
February 14th, 2007, 13:47
Wow I miss him already

John Vattic
February 14th, 2007, 14:16
I feel like we just lost Grey Fox.

Mutation+
February 14th, 2007, 14:24
As usual, NJ did an impressive work :)

Btw, are these suggestions realizable ?

1/ Is it possible to get 8 ways D-Pad ctrl : between up & left, between left & down, between right & down, between right & up, up, down, left & right ?
Coz I know that the 4 main ways 're defined in pspctrl.h as :
PSP_CTRL_UP
PSP_CTRL_DOWN
PSP_CTRL_LEFT
PSP_CTRL_RIGHT
But nothing about the 4 others to make QCF more easily.

2/ I also noticed Unibios 's very slow. Is it possible to fix it as in 1.51 ver. ? Coz Unibios launch & displaying menu were faster in this ver.

3/ Could it be possible to add cheat files as in MAME ? I think it shouldn't be an huge task.

4/ Could it be possible to get 16/9 less "crushed" as in PSP games ? I know that it's not an easy task which needs a lot of work.

5/ Could it be possible to add screenshots packs as in MAME ? It shouldn't be an huge task...

I dunno how to contact NJ, but SamuraiX seems to know him.

Thx guys.

SmashinGit
February 14th, 2007, 14:38
Thanks NJ, you will be missed.

jurkevicz
February 14th, 2007, 15:50
Yeah! Thanks a lot for all the hard work you've put in all emulators!! I hope you get a job at CAPCOM or any other game company!

Zombo
February 14th, 2007, 16:04
Wow Ad-Hoc...OMG Atleast he went out with a bang. :D Honestly he was one of my favorite coders here.:(

Pøîñtßlåñk
February 14th, 2007, 16:09
NJ you did a great job on these emulators. Hope to see you come back with a big bang! ;)

darthhaze420
February 14th, 2007, 16:38
all my fav emulators with adhoc t bad he has left NJ IS THE HARDEST WORKING MAN IN THE EMULATING WORLD i wish him good luck in all his projects :thumbup: :D :cool: :) :rolleyes: ;)

kharaboudjan
February 14th, 2007, 16:41
it sooo sad he has left us.. i thought i would do a new and much bigger project after this.. its really really sad to hear that he wont do that.

now we only have Exophase the starcoder left :(

but many many thanx for the fantastic CPS2 emulator NJ!!! :)

Apoklepz
February 14th, 2007, 16:52
The best of luck to you NJ! ...and so many thanks for your hard work in making these emulators! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY TOO MANY THANKS!!!

I'll have to try them this weekend, but I wanted to know If anybody knows if he finally added Menu Customizing with your own pictures, like in his old NCDZPSP emu?

Snk_Master
February 14th, 2007, 17:45
Very good job, I really miss that guy anyway....

siulmagic
February 14th, 2007, 17:46
great news finally figured out the romconv you cant drop the rom in the batch file instead click it and it will pop a window asking you to look for the rom then you convert it =)

jurkevicz
February 14th, 2007, 18:23
I can't get HSF2d to work... any help?

Bahamut84
February 14th, 2007, 18:49
Thanks for that work!! Adhoc with metal slug sounds great!!
but please, could someone explain me how to play with adhoc?

darthhaze420
February 14th, 2007, 19:00
Thanks for that work!! Adhoc with metal slug sounds great!!
but please, could someone explain me how to play with adhoc?

at game select mode press square for ad hoc

mvs does not has as crisp sound as v1.63 had to bad he has left the psp homebrew world

Bahamut84
February 14th, 2007, 19:10
thx master ;)

DarthPaul
February 14th, 2007, 19:49
Ad-hoc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marvel Vs. Capcom!!! Here I Come!

groovemaster303
February 14th, 2007, 19:59
Respect to one of the best coders in the psp scene.

without NJ we would not have seen these great emu's on the psp which i might add are wicked to the core.:D

All the best NJ you sure rocked our world. :thumbup:

Baboon
February 14th, 2007, 20:09
I've just downloaded the latest version of CPS1 (I thought I'd just try this emu for now cause its quick to test because theres no need to convert anything) and had a 2 player blast on Final Fight... luvley jubley! :0

When I get the time i'll fire up CPS2 and Neo Geo. For CPS1 all the game I've tried seemed to be up to speed with previous versions.. is CPS2 and Neo Geo also very playable in adhoc? ...or is there lots of slowdown compared to the normal version?

Thanks very much NJ for pimping out my PSP! :)

aries2k4
February 14th, 2007, 21:00
Hot diggedy dog, NJ goes out with a bang. Ad-hoc for all his emus. They are complete. Thanks NJ. Love your work, man

mappy123
February 14th, 2007, 21:24
Greatest emulators just got better .....but why is vsync setting still broke...?

V3N0M
February 14th, 2007, 21:33
As far as I can tell all of the Ad Hoc versions of these excellent emus seem to be running just as good as the normal versions. I haven't tried any Ad Hoc play yet but I'm sure if it is not full speed it will be damn close.

Veskgar
February 14th, 2007, 22:41
As far as I can tell all of the Ad Hoc versions of these excellent emus seem to be running just as good as the normal versions. I haven't tried any Ad Hoc play yet but I'm sure if it is not full speed it will be damn close.

That makes sense seeing how NJ has always been a perfectionist. What might be occasional minor slowdown to NJ may not even be noticeable to a lot of people. Another testament to how great his emulators are.

It could also depend on the game. I'm sure some games will slow down more than others.

I can't wait to spend some serious time with these new updates.

A BIG BIG thanks to b8a for the translations and much gratitude to NJ for all of his great contributions.

It is definitely a sad thing to read about NJ ending work for the PSP and I wish him the best. Also, I'll hope for another surprise return sometime in the future. ;)

pkmaximum
February 15th, 2007, 00:09
NJ postiveley rocks I have been waiting for ad hoc multiplayer emulation for the longest time. Now we finally have it =D Great work NJ!

And don't worry you can leave the PSP scene knowing you went out with a bang, your work will definently not be forgotten =]

mikebeaver
February 15th, 2007, 00:47
Just loaded this up on mine and my girlfriends PSP's with X-men vs Street fighter, and i can say without a doubt it is still running at a great speed, no noticeable slow down at all in 2 player ad-hoc mode, great work NJ, thanks a million :)

pkmaximum
February 15th, 2007, 03:06
Alright sorry if there is some trick to this and I'm just a possible computer noob for ever learining this. But I think memory card space is something that we all desire in our memory cards, and I have ad hoc versions of the emulators, and non-ad hoc versions of the emulators also, because he said the non-adhoc versions will run at greater speeds. Now I want to conserve space by not putting the rom cache for the same rom in both directories for ad hoc and non ad-hoc. Is there a way to get the emulators to run off the same cache folder?

Also is there any speed differences, from the ad-hoc version to the non-adhoc version?

b8a
February 15th, 2007, 11:31
To pkmaximum:
The files that are displayed when you start up the emulator are the files at the default location, but you can navigate to any other folder on your memory stick. Go up to the very first item in the list (I think it's "..") and select it. That will take you to the EBOOT folder. Just place your files wherever you want and then keep navigating until you find the folder with your roms in it.

To whoever edited my first post:

Please, please, PLEASE do not edit my translations. Taking the download links out was one thing (while I disagree with the practice I do realize that you feel the need to trick people into signing up here, just please do keep in mind though that when you deleted the download links you also deleted the link to the source code and all of the Japanese language versions, all of which you failed to upload to DCEMU. And having taken a look at DCEMUs stats in the past, it would appear as if one of the largest groups of non-english visitors to this site are Japanese.) but you also managed to mess the content up so that it no longer matches what NJ wrote. In fact, if anyone actually paid attention to the way you edited it, it doesn't even make complete sense anymore.

I've said it before, but my only interest in translating material into English is to make sure that that material is available and accessible. I have no interest in editorializing the content. Additionally, I don't enjoy getting mail from angry coders who think that I have sliced and diced their postings at my whim.

Accordingly, if you ever feel the need to editorialize my postings, you may post a link to them and extract the portions that you feel are relevant, but please, please, PLEASE do not edit my actual posts. If the information that I took the time to represent accurately is being edited so that it no longer accurately represents the original material, then I will no longer have any motivation to post translations anymore.

So please, link to my posts if you need to, take extracts as you feel necessary, but do not edit the contents themselves. I honestly get the feeling that the translations would get more respect if I posted them on other sites and you picked up on them that way, as is what happened with this translation:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=289414&postcount=5
That Wraggster then saw on another site and attributed to them:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=291490

Anyway, for anyone that cares, NJ made an update to his site. Summary for those that don't want to read the whole thing:
-There were some bugs in the previous versions so NJ refreshed the download links.
-NJ also added bootleg compatible builds of the CPS1 emulator.
-Added a note that the converters are only compatible with Windows 2000 and later.
The page in it's entirety:

Last Words

Although it was my intention to stop updates as of 2007/01/28, I delayed it a bit due to various issues, but am now finished making updates as of today, 2007/02/14. I will not be making any more PSP software, but it is my hope that these will be of some use as reference.

2007/02/14 NJ
Additional: Since there were some bugs I've recompiled all and reuploaded them.

About The Software Presented Here

Overview

If you have used any of the previous versions please take note that a portion of the control scheme as changed. The menu is opened with the HOME button.
Please read the readme_???.txt included with each software first.
The control schemes are all pretty much the same. They are written in the readme_???.txt (files) so please run your eyes over them.
For all menus other than the main menu, there is a simple controls help function available. It is displayed by pressing the R TRIGGER, so please run your eyes over these as well.
I have also prepared Japanese language versions of the 3 arcade emulators, however the amount of allocatable memory decreases by about 800KB (with these).

About The resource_jp.zip (file) Included With The English Language Version (Excluding NCDZPSP)

The files included in the English language version resource_jp.zip are files that are necessary if Japanese is to be used in the game list and the command list.
*If you are not going to use Japanese this (file) is unnecessary so please delete it.
*When displaying Japanese, copy the files included in resource_jp.zip exactly as they are to /PSP/GAME/CPS1PSP/.
Even in the English language version, when using the Japanese command list, the Japanese font is loaded, and the amount of allocatable memory decreases by that amount.

About Emulators That Use Cache

All of the CPS2PSP games, as well as almost half of the MVSPSP games, will not run if you do not create cache files for them.
Please create the cache files with the romcnv_cps2.exe and/or romcnv.mvs.exe included with the released binaries. Since I included a version check, you can not use older cache files.
With CPS2PSP, it is possible to use zip compressed cache files, however, the speed drops considerably compared to uncompressed cache files. Other than a few of the smaller games, I recommend that you use uncompressed cache files.
When using cache files, the speed of the game is influenced by the loading speed of the Memory Stick. When using AdHoc, the speed of your opponent's (Memory Stick) will have an effect, so it is better if you don't use pre-PRO Memory Sticks.
romcnv_cps2.exe and romcnv_mvs.exe are only compatible with Windows 2000 and later. I do not know if they will work correctly on Windows 95/98/Me.

About The AdHoc Version

I put various efforts into stabilizing it, but since there are a lot of unknowns about the PSP AdHoc, even though it's gotten somewhat better, it's still unstable.
It's possible to play normally even with the AdHoc version. The reason I separated it from the regular version is because the speed of the AdHoc version is somewhat slower. If you do not plan on using AdHoc, I recommend that you use the regular version.
When using AdHoc, a portion of the options are fixed. Due to synchronization circumstances with NCDZPSP, the load screen emulation is always set.
Since you can't synchronize with different binaries, you will not be able to connect between a Japanese version and an English version.

About The Command List File Size Reduction Function (I forgot to write this in the documentation)

-When you select command.dat in the file browser, the file size reduction function starts up. Since the Japanese language version of a MAME! Plus command list is close to 4MB, please execute this first. Game loading times will somewhat decrease.

CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP/MVSPSP/NCDZPSP ver.2.0 Source Code

Swapped out the files on 2007/02/15

Fixed a bug where UNI-BIOS and Debug BIOS wouldn't work correctly due to the fact that I forgot to delete a portion of the MVSPSP's RELEASE flags.
Fixed a bug in MVSPSP where kof98's protect address processing was wrong (this was a bug from after NGEPSP ver.1.0).
Fixed a bug with NCDZPSP's palette not being reflected correctly.
Fixed a bug with NCDZPSP where PNG pictures with filters weren't loaded correctly. If there are any other bugs, please fix them on your own.

I've switched all of the files with binaries compiled using the 20070215 source.

As the binary produced from the compiler is odd, the regular version of MVSPSP is compiled with -O3.
Since this is a problem with the results of the compiler optimizations, I'd bet that it can be fixed by changing the process order.

-CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP/MVSPSP/NCDZPSP ver.2.0 Source Code Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/njemu_source_20070215.zip)
*Please refer to each emulator's section to see what's changed.

Changes

Due to merging the NCDZPSP source, all of the source (code) has been rewritten.
Added a Japanese interface version to all of the emulators. Compared with the English language version, the Japanese language version consumes about an extra 800KB of memory.
Added compatibility with MAME Plus! style command lists. Please place command.dat in the same directory as the EBOOT.PBP. Also, when using a Japanese language command list, an approximate 800KB of extra memory is consumed.
Although the amount of items that can be set in the makefile have increased, it is better not to use UI_BPP32 outside of NCDZPSP. You can compile with it, but instances occur where there's not enough memory and games won't launch.

CPS2PSP ver.2.0 - CP System 2 Emulator For The PSP
-CPS2PSP ver.2.0 Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps2psp_2.0.zip)
-CPS2PSP ver.2.0 (AdHoc Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps2psp_2.0_adhoc.zip)

-CPS2PSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps2psp_2.0_jp.zip)
-CPS2PSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version (AdHoc Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps2psp_2.0_jp_adhoc.zip)
Fixed Bugs

Fixed a bug where there wasn't enough memory for a portion of games and sometimes the screen would get messed up.

Changes

Implemented changes from MAME 0.112u1. I've changed it to use different cache files for mpang and mpangj so please be aware of this. (Although in reality there's only a few dots different)
Changed the cache file version. Please remake all of your cache files with the included romcnv_cps2.exe (file).

CPS1PSP ver.2.0 - CP System 1 Emulator For The PSP
-CPS1PSP ver.2.0 Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps1psp_2.0.zip)
-CPS1PSP ver.2.0 (AdHoc Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps1psp_2.0_adhoc.zip)
-CPS1PSP ver.2.0 (bootleg Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps1psp_2.0_bootleg.zip)

-CPS1PSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps1psp_2.0_jp.zip)
-CPS1PSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version (AdHoc Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps1psp_2.0_jp_adhoc.zip)
-CPS1PSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version (bootleg Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/cps1psp_2.0_jp_bootleg.zip)
Fixed Bugs

Fixed a bug where there were instances with line scroll where sprites couldn't be drawn correctly.

Changes

Changed the sprite texture format to a joint use of CLUT8 and RGBA5551.
Added AdHoc compatibility.
Changed it so that the sound sample rate can be changed without relaunching.

MVSPSP ver.2.0 - MVS Emulator For PSP
-MVSPSP ver.2.0 Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/mvspsp_2.0.zip)
-MVSPSP ver.2.0 (AdHoc Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/mvspsp_2.0_adhoc.zip)

-MVSPSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/mvspsp_2.0_jp.zip)
-MVSPSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version (AdHoc Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/mvspsp_2.0_jp_adhoc.zip)
Changes

Changed the sprite texture format to CLUT8.
Changed the button for launching the BIOS select menu from the file browser to "START" from "L TRIGGER".
Changed the cache file version. Please remake all of your cache files with the included romcnv_mvs.exe (file).
Reverted to allowing UNI-BIOS by default, but due to limitations arising from it not working without allocating raster processing, the speed will drop when compared to other BIOS and I do not recommend it's usage.
Added AdHoc compatibility. You can not use any BIOS other than MVS BIOS (AES BIOS, UNI-BIOS, Debug BIOS) with AdHoc. When starting AdHoc, the BIOS select menu is displayed, so there's no need to change it in advance. Also, the analog input in irrmaze and popbounc is unsupported.
Changed it so that the sound sample rate can be changed without relaunching.

NCDZPSP ver.2.0 - NEOGEO CDZ Emulator For PSP
-NCDZPSP ver.2.0 Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/ncdzpsp_2.0.zip)
-NCDZPSP ver.2.0 (AdHoc Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/ncdzpsp_2.0_adhoc.zip)

-NCDZPSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/ncdzpsp_2.0_jp.zip)
-NCDZPSP ver.2.0 Japanese Version (AdHoc Compatible) Download (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/ncdzpsp_2.0_jp_adhoc.zip)
Changes

Rewrote all of the source code. Since there's just too many changes, I'll just write the most important below. Basically, please just think of it as entirely different from previous NCDZPSP (versions).
Same as the other emulators, changed it so that the roms folder is the initial folder.
Changed it so that the menu is opened with the HOME button. You can no longer specify it's usage, but there shouldn't be any need to.
Since I've changed it so that it will launch by selecting the folder irregardless of zip or not, make sure to create a folder and place inside it either the ZIP file or all of the files taken from the CD-ROM. Please refer to readme_ncdz.txt for the details.
Changed the folder for placing MP3s from "neocd.mp3" to "mp3". (Since I dislike folder names that include periods)
Changed the folder for placing command.dat from "data" folder to the same folder as the EBOOT.PBP.
Added AdHoc compatibility.
Due to circumstances with using the Square button with AdHoc, transfered the BIOS launch to the START button.

I won't be updating this page, but as long as it is not deleted I plan on leaving it here.
Further, I request that you not distribute the files listed in here as part of auctions, etc...

2007/01/28 NJ

Baboon
February 15th, 2007, 21:00
Well I've tested all the emu's (the updated bug fix releases) and everything seems to be working spot on! :)

...expcept on the CPS1 emulator the game 'Mercs' no longer works. I've tried different versions and it just goes to a black screen once its loaded then resets the psp. To be honest though the fact evreything else runs perfecto for me more then makes up for just one game no longer working (I bet though when NJ finds out he'll update the emu again lol).

pkmaximum
February 15th, 2007, 22:02
Well all 4 emulators are certainly great, except ad hoc. Unfort. my friend and I were testing ad hoc on all 4 emulators and we resynchronized each time (running at 333mhz) after a short amount of game play. The only game we did not desynchronized in was Marvel Vs. Capcom, but we tested SFA3 and that desynchronized also.

If anyone has different results with the wifi please post, I wouldn't even mind if the emulator was a bit slower, but for it to run full speed on wifi just to desynchronize is just pointless.

But even still the emulators are fantastic and great work NJ!

Baboon
February 15th, 2007, 22:09
Well all 4 emulators are certainly great, except ad hoc. Unfort. my friend and I were testing ad hoc on all 4 emulators and we resynchronized each time (running at 333mhz) after a short amount of game play. The only game we did not desynchronized in was Marvel Vs. Capcom, but we tested SFA3 and that desynchronized also.

If anyone has different results with the wifi please post, I wouldn't even mind if the emulator was a bit slower, but for it to run full speed on wifi just to desynchronize is just pointless.

But even still the emulators are fantastic and great work NJ!

I'll be testing some some more mutiplayer games out tomorrow lunch time, so i'll let you know how it goes. I reckon it might effect gameplay if you or the other person has got a fake mem card though.

mappy123
February 15th, 2007, 22:22
ok i`ve checked and double checked VSYNC IS BROKEN in this release ....if you activate vsync it should lock fps to 60fps without need to activate limit 60fps setting ...it`s not doing this also look closely youll notice tearing on scrolling especially noticible on supersidekicks for eg....is there anyone that can confirm this so as someone could fix ...this happened on ver 1.63 final and someone posted 1.63.1 or 2 im not sure vsync fix ......i don`t know how all you guy`s arn`t noticing this bug ..i only want nj`s emulators to be practically perfect for us all to enjoy.....:confused: thanx

fucht017
February 15th, 2007, 23:16
The "Test Switch" option doesn't work anymore,with MVSPSP..:(

Baboon
February 16th, 2007, 09:37
The "Test Switch" option doesn't work anymore,with MVSPSP..:(

It does... Press L, R and Select. :thumbup:

b8a
February 16th, 2007, 10:25
One more time!

NJ updated the source -- and the binaries as well -- again. This time, the only change he's made to his page is:

*Due to the fact that I swapped out the files, please delete any files from before 2007/02/16 that have been uploaded elsewhere, and urge people to download from this page.

I posted all of the links on the previous page, but here's the direct link to his site as well: http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Baboon
February 16th, 2007, 13:37
Well I just tried a few more games in my lunch break using adhoc multiplayer and each game worked brilliantly!

I've just been playing in 2 player mode: 1944 (CPS2), Puzzle Bobble (Neo Geo), Shock troopers (neo geo), D&D tower of doom (CPS2) and Progear (CPS2)... and all of them seemed to work 100% and did not lose the connection or crash! :)

What I was also impressed with was how you could still play mutliplayer games on the PSP's from quite a long distance away (a good 20 meters away from each other in my works office).

I'll have another blast on Monday when Im back to work to see how well other games do... but for me its so far so good with NJ's arcade masterpieces!

Thanks again NJ! :)

pr3dator2
February 16th, 2007, 14:35
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000-PSP-Retro-Games-Pokemon-Mario-and-many-more_W0QQitemZ220082463494QQihZ012QQcategoryZ75556 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

check it out guys i got many many copies like 20+ add me on msn if u want a copy or just bid !!

[email protected]

pkmaximum
February 16th, 2007, 20:46
Ya I just tested NEO GEO ad hoc again today along with the other emulators, and I did not experience Desynchronizing. I reckon this is because when my friend and I were playing ad hoc yesterday, I had a laptop right next to me (it has wireless capabilities, and was currently connecting to my wireless router), a wireless router in my room, and 3 cell phones, so I guess its possible that this interfered with the connection some what. But we tried it sitting on a bus, and no desynchronizing what so ever.

b8a
February 17th, 2007, 11:02
Mappy123: NJ updated his page, and the only change that I can see directly addresses your issue:

Since "Video Sync" does not work as it should in MVSPSP, please set it to Off. (Since the PSP's refresh rate is about 60Hz compared to MVS's approximate 59Hz, it's unstable when synchronized)
Further, with this option, the processing isn't performed on time since it's completely tied to VBLANK on the PSP, and so it only synchronizes when it has the free time to do so. Accordingly, you can't expect it to completely eliminate tearing.

mappy123
February 17th, 2007, 16:54
ok i see where he`s comming from........ but couldn`t some one complile it to refesh at 60 hz and then enable vsync.1fps extra speed although not arcade perfect at 59fps will hardly affect gameplay....anyone up to this task? it`s been done before on ver 1.63.2 which i`ve got and plays fine slight sound bug every now and again ,,,i don`t know if this is because refresh rate altered......

kyo00
February 17th, 2007, 20:00
Please macX_romcnv for these version!!!

How i launch ad-hoc with another psp??

ACID
February 18th, 2007, 06:05
I hope hell eventually have a change of heart.

b8a
February 18th, 2007, 12:47
Please macX_romcnv for these version!!!

How i launch ad-hoc with another psp??
Latest converters for OS X here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52962

You launch AdHoc by selecting the ROM in the file browser with the square button (of course, you have to be using the AdHoc emulator version)

hoolicooluk
February 19th, 2007, 17:04
hello all,

this looks like a great piece of work. however, when i try to play super sidekicks 2 the pitch does not appear at all, there's just a light green area and no pitch graphics.

is this a known problem with the game or am i doing something wrong?

i'd really appreciate some help on this matter.

thanks

also, noob question- what is the difference between the ad hoc and non-ad hoc modes?

jurkevicz
February 19th, 2007, 17:47
the problem in super sidekicks 2 always happened even in mame, I think it is a problem in the rom or no one knows how to emulate it properly. ADHOC is if you want to play 2 player mode with 2 PSPs.

Baboon
February 19th, 2007, 18:55
the problem in super sidekicks 2 always happened even in mame, I think it is a problem in the rom or no one knows how to emulate it properly. ADHOC is if you want to play 2 player mode with 2 PSPs.

I'm sure that this was fixable on previous builds of the neo geo emulator on the options menu? ...It might be turn raster effects on or off?? ...I cant remember and I havent got my PSP with me but you can get the pitch to look ok on NJ's emu! :thumbup:

jurkevicz
February 19th, 2007, 19:12
I think you're right!

SmashinGit
February 19th, 2007, 21:26
Hey Baboon thanks for the tip with Super Sidekicks, I've been wanting to play this for ages. :)

Baboon
February 19th, 2007, 21:48
Hey Baboon thanks for the tip with Super Sidekicks, I've been wanting to play this for ages. :)

Glad to help. :thumbup:

The only game that never worked for me that used to have similar graphics problems was the super hang on clone 'riding heroes'. Turning raster effects on would cure the disapearing road bug, but it rendered the game unplayable by making your bike look like it was doing 1 mile an hour! lol ...I'm guessing this might be fixed in NJ's latest builds though?

I hope hell eventually have a change of heart.

I bet you we havent heard the last of NJ yet! :)

hoolicooluk
February 20th, 2007, 01:16
thanks baboob changing to raster graphics made it appear. obviously there is a game speed trade-off but it plays just fine.

thanks very much for the reply.

okthisissocool
March 12th, 2007, 22:04
MAME games do not work for me. At least not the one I am so urged to play. --;

snyperstyle
March 31st, 2007, 09:50
i need help running the cps2 emu on my psp. i have a 2.0 firmware. i can run snes9x and mvs but not cps2

RedKing14CA
April 11th, 2007, 04:03
at game select mode press square for ad hoc

mvs does not has as crisp sound as v1.63 had to bad he has left the psp homebrew world

press square, ****, why didnt the author just WRITE THAT INSTEAD OF CHINESE!!!

Nocuddle
April 11th, 2007, 05:42
press square, ****, why didnt the author just WRITE THAT INSTEAD OF CHINESE!!!

NJ is Japanese, u ignorant foo! :mad:

why55
September 12th, 2007, 06:00
im clueless lol i need help witht hte cps2psp i downloaded it to my computer now what?

Nocuddle
September 12th, 2007, 06:40
get 2.0.6 version instead.

then get the roms.

then convert roms to cache.

then copy roms in ROMS folder.

then copy xxx cached folder in CACHE folder.

why55
September 12th, 2007, 13:58
ok i downloaded that version now how do i get the roms and convert them

Nocuddle
September 12th, 2007, 14:46
For roms, sooooo easy, even my 115 yrs old grandma can do it. She uses GOOGLE.
(hint: askin roms aint allowed here).

To convert, open "cps2conv.bat", open the rom zip. Voila u got brand spankin new 'Cache' folder.

dzshadow
May 13th, 2008, 05:37
I know, outside in the world, he is working in an emulator of cps3 and atomiswave for psp, it's just that he want to give us the surprise and see the joy in our faces!!... or at least, let us know 'bout another gifted one whom is working in those to be worshiped as you where!

Nocuddle
May 13th, 2008, 09:29
I know, outside in the world, he is working in an emulator of cps3 and atomiswave for psp, it's just that he want to give us the surprise and see the joy in our faces!!... or at least, let us know 'bout another gifted one whom is working in those to be worshiped as you where!

If no link, I would say "in your dream". :cool:

bigdrier
September 2nd, 2008, 15:12
where do i put the cps1 emulator i downloaded cps1 2.o and when i put it in psp/game where all my other emulators are then create a folder called roms and leave the games zipped in there i turn on my psp and it tells me game could not be started when i click on the cps1 emulator in my psp some one please help write back or email me at [email protected]