View Full Version : [RELEASE] Dark Alex's Open Edition Network Update Downloader BETA1

-Xandu-
February 14th, 2007, 16:44
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/du-1.png

Don't know what to put instead of Sony's Network Update? Well, here's a nifty program that automatically downloads Dark Alex's latest Open Edition Firmware!

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/dax-1.png

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_PSP_Firmware_Network_Updater_Released)

Note: this only downloads, it doesn't install.

Instructions:
-Flash update_plugin.prx using the flash update.
-Make sure your first connection is active and working..
-Use Network Update
-UPDATE.rar should be in the MS root after the download is complete.

Warning:

This has a risk of bricking when using FLASHUPDATE. I am not responsible for any damage that may happen to your device.

Note:
You can also flash using Flash0 USB mode in Open Edition. (vsh/nodule)

Made by:
Xandu
Team 280 : PRX

Special thanks to:
Homer
yaustar
Malksta

and all the other beta testers :).

Vote in the poll, did it work for you?

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mnuhaily22
February 14th, 2007, 16:56
Will test it...
even though I realy don't want too, but I'll give it a chance...

buildit92
February 14th, 2007, 17:00
cool. i cant wait to run this. i wonder if in the future it will be able to upgrade using this program with out a computer at all.

KuLeD00d
February 14th, 2007, 17:06
Installed, however upon running it seems to instantly just reboot the PSP. It doesn't seem to attempt to run the application. I would assume this is because I'm 3.10 OE-A.. but isn't there a 3.10 OE-A' update?

For now, I've restored my original network update.

Mc_Logical
February 14th, 2007, 17:08
just tried this but all u get when its downloaded is the 310flasher and 310flasher% folders and the oea update makers u still have to get the 3.10 and 1.5 updates and do it manually(not saying i cant do it because ive done every custom firmware maually from 2.71 SE etc) I thought this would of allready be done with the dxar etc anyway im staying at 3.03 OE C and genna wiat for 3.10 OE C or 3.11 OE C because revision C is allways the best.

KuLeD00d
February 14th, 2007, 17:14
Thats what it's meant to do. It's illegal to distribute the modified DXAR file.

p.s am I mis-placing this NETUPDATE folder? is it supposed to go to GAME or GAME150? I've tried both and still, my psp just seemingly "finishes" straight away because it simply boots up the nice SCE screen.

cashboxz02
February 14th, 2007, 17:29
it says Flash Dont install Maybe corrupted. Screw dis. How do i use it nywayz?

buildit92
February 14th, 2007, 17:29
i bricked my psp using this. but im going to recover it once my battery is full

Mc_Logical
February 14th, 2007, 17:42
Thats what it's meant to do. It's illegal to distribute the modified DXAR file.

p.s am I mis-placing this NETUPDATE folder? is it supposed to go to GAME or GAME150? I've tried both and still, my psp just seemingly "finishes" straight away because it simply boots up the nice SCE screen. ok i didnt know it was illegal. The NETUPDATE folder goes into GAME it will show up corrupt though in the game xmb but dont delete it because the network update wont run.

LilSwish722
February 14th, 2007, 17:44
Installed, however upon running it seems to instantly just reboot the PSP. It doesn't seem to attempt to run the application. I would assume this is because I'm 3.10 OE-A.. but isn't there a 3.10 OE-A' update?

For now, I've restored my original network update.

Ok what you need to do is access flash0 through the USB. Go to VSH/Nodule and place Update_Plugin.prx there. Then you need to set the kernal to 1.50 Kernal. Then place the NETUPDATE AND FLASHUPDATE in the GAME folder. It should work then. However, I am one of the Beta Testers, and for some reason it would only download 90KB of the file. But it does work, if you follow those steps.

buildit92
February 14th, 2007, 17:53
Ok what you need to do is access flash0 through the USB. Go to VSH/Nodule and place Update_Plugin.prx there. Then you need to set the kernal to 1.50 Kernal. Then place the NETUPDATE AND FLASHUPDATE in the GAME folder. It should work then. However, I am one of the Beta Testers, and for some reason it would only download 90KB of the file. But it does work, if you follow those steps.

i didnt do that becuase i didnt read the read me, like i always do. i thought u put it in seplugins and run it that way. oh well. u live and u learn.

KuLeD00d
February 14th, 2007, 18:34
just tried this but all u get when its downloaded is the 310flasher and 310flasher% folders and the oea update makers u still have to get the 3.10 and 1.5 updates and do it manually(not saying i cant do it because ive done every custom firmware maually from 2.71 SE etc) I thought this would of allready be done with the dxar etc anyway im staying at 3.03 OE C and genna wiat for 3.10 OE C or 3.11 OE C because revision C is allways the best.

Well I suppose I will do it to test but I'm not particularly fond of that, I would rather have my GAME folder run on 3.10 kernal.

--Edit--

Well that now works.. so I suppose it's all a-go for the update downloader.
Although it doesn't fully automate the system, it makes it easier to DO it, all you require is a PC and USB cable. Which is helpful in the eventuality you cannot download while at a friends or the like.

DarthPaul
February 14th, 2007, 19:48
Nice. Thanks Xandu.

-Xandu-
February 14th, 2007, 20:21
LilSwish722, the reason you only download 90 KB, is that you press X too soon. Wait till it completely stops flashing ;).

Maxime.
February 14th, 2007, 20:58
Made by:
XanduWTF?!! The Network Update Icon Hombrew Launcher (update_plugin.prx) is made by the TEAM 280!!!!!!!!! You just hex edited the path PSP/GAME/NETUPDATE !!!!!!! Where are their credits?

And if your PSP just reboot when using this it's because you didn't read the TEAM 280 README file.... You must be on 1.50 Kernel...

-Xandu-
February 14th, 2007, 21:00
I was referring to the application itself (Open Edition Update Downloader)...

Maxime.
February 14th, 2007, 21:01
Ooh... Don't they deserve a place in your README anyway?!

theketchupman
February 14th, 2007, 21:13
even if you've done the application (although, it doesnt work for me), you have still use our PRX. Indeed, it's not the big part of this application, but it's still here, so we should deserve some credits. and if not, well, ...

-Xandu-
February 14th, 2007, 21:16
Sure, I'll add it now. I thought Dark Alex did it.. Sorry, Team 280 ;).

theketchupman
February 14th, 2007, 21:19
that's ok for me. thanks

-Xandu-
February 15th, 2007, 14:36
People who freeze at "Connecting..", please check that your connection is up and working through Network Settings.

carlitx
February 15th, 2007, 16:59
ya all i get is connecting and nuttin else

Predator04
February 17th, 2007, 19:53
Flash failed. Maybe Corrupted. I did everything like i should. Even downloaded it 3 times to make sure. still no go

Edit Also if i install it from recovery it just restarts the psp. which is still good lol

Shrygue
February 17th, 2007, 20:00
So, the Dark_Alex Open Edition Network Update Download is out, although in beta form. Still, this is good to hear and I'll download this right now.