PDA

View Full Version : The worst-selling games of 2006

wraggster
February 14th, 2007, 21:18
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/14/the-worst-selling-games-of-2006/)

The game industry is quick to trump its accomplishments; bestsellers, growing revenues, and market expansion. The optimist in us likes that, but what's a pessimist to do? Well the recent issue of EGM (Mar '07) has a listicle that's hard to argue over: the worst-selling games of 2006. Though the always-serious Seanbaby fails to mention a specific source, he says "These games were selected from sales figures of the least purchased games of 2006 -- cold, hard, indisputable measurements of suck." They are:

Unison: Rebels of Rhythm & Dance (PS2)
Kakuto Chojin: Back Alley Brutal (XB)
Frogger Beyond (XB)
Bomberman: Act Zero (XB360)
Freestyle Street Soccer (XB)
Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness (XB)
Space Ace (XB)
That's a lot of Xbox 1 games. Translation: "She's going down! Send the dross with it!"

gdf
February 14th, 2007, 21:25
i think these were all shite, so for once the public did the right thing and left them to die!

Dull Blade
February 14th, 2007, 21:36
frogger beyond? good god, the ps1 remake was fun though, but give it a rest.

JKKDARK
February 14th, 2007, 21:42
lol Bomberman: Act Zero was horrible!

Nicko01
February 14th, 2007, 23:12
Bomberman and Frogger were good PS1 games,
but for anything newer than PS1.... Not very good.
also that remake of bubble bobble sounds stupid.

I really dont think people play old Xbox games as much anymore. most people who had Xbox now have a 360.
I bought a wii :)

King of Fire
February 14th, 2007, 23:19
...no wonder. I haven't even heard of all of these games.:thumbup: :cool:

Broadus
February 15th, 2007, 01:27
I've never heard of ANY of those games.
Just because they're XBOX games doesn't mean that the XBOX is somehow dead. Even though it is, now that it has a sequel.
Those games, even if they were all released on XBOX 360, would probably remain unknown and wouldn't sell very much at all. I mean, look at that. None of them sound terribly appealing to ME, that's for sure. Not sure what everyone else would think.

JKKDARK
February 15th, 2007, 01:41
Bomberman and Frogger were good PS1 games,
but for anything newer than PS1.... Not very good.
also that remake of bubble bobble sounds stupid.

I really dont think people play old Xbox games as much anymore. most people who had Xbox now have a 360.
I bought a wii :)

Bomberman Online for Dreamcast was excellent. Did you play it?

wolfpack
February 15th, 2007, 02:40
i liked space ace, but i mean the classic "cartoon video play along" game, like dragons lair and braindead 13. But then again, im an old school gamer, just cuz i was raised on that stuff. I miss the 'cartoon video' video games

J_Villa1983
February 15th, 2007, 15:54
I have Bomberman online for Dreamcast too and I thought that was good! And I still play many of my old Xbox games even though I have a 360. I only wish that I could still play Jet Set Radio Future and Oddworld Strangers Wrath on my 360(I still have my copy of JSRF for the day its playible on the 360)!

-JV