PDA

View Full Version : LucasArts Unleashes The Force

wraggster
February 15th, 2007, 00:05
Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/764/764564p1.html)

LucasArts officially announced its latest game in the Star Wars saga. Coming November for PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP and Nintendo DS, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed explores one of the more interesting time periods in Star Wars lore. Set between the events of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, Force Unleashed puts gamers in the role of Darth Vader's secret apprentice.

As Palpatine rises to power and the Empire begins its conquest of the galaxy, Vader sends his apprentice to help exterminate the remaining Jedi. Your character has four primary Force powers to develop during missions to eradicate the Jedi: Force push, grip, repulse and lightning. Powers can be used together to create unique combos and cause massive destruction to enemies and the environment.

The next-gen versions of Force Unleashed utilize some new technologies that promise realistic environmental reactions. Beyond having wood splinter and plants bend in the wind, non-player characters also act and react more realistically. Characters are said to adjust their behavior on the fly, based on the player's actions. It's unknown how the PS2, PSP and DS versions will differ.

Created under the direction of George Lucas, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed offers new insights into the Star Wars universe. And it let's you kick some Jedi ass. Look for eyes-on impressions of The Force Unleashed in a few weeks.

Broadus
February 15th, 2007, 01:39
I hope it doesn't turn out quite as lame as Star Wars: Lethal Alliance, which was just an even more lame version of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

SwordOfZork
February 15th, 2007, 03:46
Why is this in the Wii section if its for nearly every system except Wii?

Demolition49
February 15th, 2007, 04:09
Why is this in the Wii section if its for nearly every system except Wii?

Exactly my thoughts. :confused:

Broadus
February 15th, 2007, 06:08
What, you mean like on the Wii front page? Because in the forum this is in the DCEmu news. Wouldn't that go to the front page of every section of DCEmu?

alienanthropologist
February 15th, 2007, 06:26
Well, sounds nice, but since I only have a Wii I won't be able to play it.

the_eternal_dark
February 15th, 2007, 08:56
http://www.youtube.com/v/n0ncpLM_uxA

Hmmmm... Is this the same game?

If it is, I'll be first in line. Looks good!

mcvader
February 15th, 2007, 14:22
How could Vader have an apprentice?
There are always 2, no more, no less, the master and the apprentice, Vaders the Emporers apprentice already. Lucas must love contradicting himself.

I hope the game is good at least.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 15th, 2007, 15:36
i think that itll be good. as far as the only 2 apprentices thing goes, im pretty sure thats were the "secret" part comes in...

Jester4319k
February 15th, 2007, 21:50
this looks tight