PDA

View Full Version : Up close with the metallic silver PSP

wraggster
February 15th, 2007, 00:36
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/14/up-close-with-the-metallic-silver-psp/)

sthpark7791 from the PlayStation boards just posted some really sexy pictures of his new import silver PSP. Obviously, it's quite shiny, but he has a few other things to say:

It feels "stronger" than the original black PSP.
The analog nub has more resistance.
Buttons are a lot harder.
So not only is it sexy, it appears to have some added functionality too! This really makes me angry that SCEA still refuses to bring any other color here to the States. What's up with that? Interested importers can pick up a system from SuccessHk for $196 (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_SONY_PSP_Standard_Pack_Silver_Latest_Vers ion_Jap_version.html?aff_id=24), the same cost as a US system. Or, for the poor, you might be interested in simply getting an official replacement faceplate.

Screens Via Comments

acn010
February 15th, 2007, 00:42
Where Can I Get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I So Want One Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn Sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Links I Need Links!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Sexy Yo!1!!!!!
Need Price And Link For The Faceplate And The Backplate!!!!!!

Emeriastone
February 15th, 2007, 00:58
Wow, that is REALLY slick. I want one. Nothing like a fresh-out-of-the-box PSP.

S34MU5
February 15th, 2007, 01:26
new sig acn010! Sweet!

Also that PSP looks niccee

Jonesyxxiv
February 15th, 2007, 01:45
A friend of mine imported one. Its at my house now cus he wants me to downgrade it for him.

scabbe
February 15th, 2007, 02:24
how come you keep promoting that website? on the forums there it says that the place has REALLY bad service

kam30en
February 15th, 2007, 02:29
Nah, I bought one and the service was pretty good, it only took 3 days to come, all the way from Hong Kong.

Veskgar
February 15th, 2007, 02:42
Out of all the PSP variations, this Metallic Silver one is by far my favorite. This one looks sleek its not even funny.

Why the different colored PSP's are not available in the United States is beyond me. The Black and Pink Nintendo DS Lites are constantly sold out. Obviously there is a market for different colored handheld gaming devices. More and more kids and girls are getting PSP's also.

I'd buy the Metallic Silver PSP in a heartbeat if it appeared in stores in the US (If it was downgradable of course).

SONY is obviously in competition with the DS Lite when it comes to portable gaming so I am just bewildered.

SONY WAKE UP! Ship some Metallic PSP's to the U.S.A.

Alucardmoon
February 15th, 2007, 06:35
wait a minuite is the psp made of metal??

Uchiha Sasuke
February 15th, 2007, 08:48
wait a minuite is the psp made of metal??

erm i shouldn't think so lol. Not only will the weight be considerably heavier, the risk of overheating would probably be quite high if it was made of metal :P

ACID
February 15th, 2007, 10:02
I wish they adleast sale us in the us the full cases since we never get any colors here other then the first crapy release color for all platforms except nds.

mnuhaily22
February 15th, 2007, 13:43
Nice, where can I get the faceplate and the backplate, I want it now...lol

Napalm-Death
February 15th, 2007, 13:58
My friend got one of the blue ones, he said t's louder, heavier, and comes with stronger parts. O_O Heavy duty PSP.

Weirdo109
February 15th, 2007, 15:54
I got a silver one from success_HK. Took just over a week to arrive, got stung for £35 customs charge so just be aware if ordering in the UK.

Valued Sony Customer
February 15th, 2007, 15:57
So what is the added functionality of the colored PSPs?

LilSwish722
February 15th, 2007, 16:02
thats a nice psp. its a definete change up from the boring black psp.

don3z
February 15th, 2007, 18:18
I picked up one of the silver PSP's from SuccessHK also and it arrived today. :) It definitely feels a lot more sturdy and looks very suave too. Well worth the $200!

Shrygue
February 15th, 2007, 19:26
l like the look of that silver PSP, it makes me want to get one!