PDA

View Full Version : iPod deemed a "criminal tool" in high school security breach

wraggster
February 15th, 2007, 17:13
It was essentially inevitible that Nintendo's Wiimote was destined to become a weapon of mass destruction, and while we've seen folks jailed and even killed over an iPod, even we're a bit hesitant to call the blunt object a "criminal tool." Still, that's precisely what a former Clay High School junior was purportedly using when he "hacked into school personnel and student files" and transferred sensitive information to his dubious Pod. After threatening to "open up a credit card in someone's name and ruin their credit," school officials began to investigate the situation, and were quite relieved when they discovered the breach before any of the data was used with ill intentions. Currently, no court date has been set for the youngster's criminal case, but considering all the grief being endured in order to keep those files from leaving school grounds, one just has to wonder what secrets could possibly be held in those potentially steamy "personnel files."

via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/15/ipod-deemed-a-criminal-tool-in-high-school-security-breach/)

-=me=-
February 23rd, 2007, 04:12
lol, sounds like something i would do. almost as good as playing hacked vice city on a school library computer.

scottyboynow
February 24th, 2007, 10:21
A "Criminal Tool", man this may be serious but even more funnier.

Smurph
February 24th, 2007, 22:26
What an idiot. If you jack stuff from your school you don't go around yelling that you did it. I myself enjoyed being a domain admin at my high school. Did I ever tell anyone? Hell no. (Statute of limitations is up, nigs.)

Any freaking portable rewritable storage device can be used for things like this.
Also, does this mean that I'm a criminal now for having a binder full of Live linux CDs, a pile of floppies, and 4 or 5 USB sticks?

Dark Scion
February 25th, 2007, 04:16
Hmm, that's funny, but this isn't the first time the ipod has been accused of aided and abetting criminal activity and wrongly so I might add. Like Smurph said, practically any storage device can be deemed criminal under this definition.

scottyboynow
February 25th, 2007, 11:59
It was only used as iPod's are primarily the most popular and best (in my opinion) portable MP3/Video Players, so these storys would be more frequent, due to obvious reasons.

lily_dce
March 27th, 2007, 10:31
Cucusoft iPod Movie/Video Converter 2.0
It can convert almost all video format, e.g. DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to iPod Movie / iPod Video format.
is the easiest-to-use video converter software for Apple iPod Movie and iPod Video. It can convert almost all video format, e.g. DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to iPod Movie / iPod Video format. It is also a powerful iPod movie/video converter with fast conversion speed. And the output iPos movie/video supports iPod screen, you can enjoy your favorite movie on your iPod as a MPEG-4 Player.
http://www.qweas.com/download/video_dvd/video_converters/cucusoft_ipod_movie_video_converter.htm
Cucusoft iPod Movie/Video Converter is designed for converting movie or video files to APPLE ipod, This software supports most of the video formats, you can have your own mp4 with it. Cucusoft iPod Movie/Video Converter has very cool ipod-liked interface, runs more faster than previous version and is easy to use. :) :D

scottyboynow
March 28th, 2007, 16:46
Please Don't Spam!1!

tsimehC
March 28th, 2007, 17:01
Please Don't Spam!1!

Oh the irony! Well the iPod is one evil device. I could electrocute someone with it.:D