PDA

View Full Version : WiiKey Amazing New ModChip for the Nintendo Wii

wraggster
February 15th, 2007, 18:02
Modchipstore.com (http://affiliates.modchipstore.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=892) are the worlds first store to sell the Wiikey Nintendo Wii Modchip

Heres the details:

http://www.modchipstore.com/files/images/16430.jpg

The incrdible, fantastic, Wiikey modchip for the Nintendo Wii has arrived! This is one of the easiest modchips to install on any system. A quicksolder pattern on the PCB board removes the need for wires. All you need to do us solder onto the designated parts and you're finished!!! This awesome chip also boasts upgradeablity via Disc or DVD!
Other Features include: An optional off feature and LED to let you know when your Wiikey is on or off

bmemike
February 15th, 2007, 18:08
Can we really call this new chip "amazing"?

Their site (wiikey.cn) is as barebones as you can go and the picture (the same on you're showing there) is marked as a prototype.

And the on/off LED - is that on the chip itself or do have to tap holes in your Wii? I would think an LED on the chip itself would be near useless since you'd have to crack your Wii each time you'd like to check - but the only other option is to make a case mod - which is something a lot of people would rather avoid.

Sounds like more "features" that are useless to me.

bandit
February 15th, 2007, 21:07
On my site, I have a list of reseller/installers list. There is another site carrying WiiKey. I also have a prototype image of it as well.

SwordOfZork
February 15th, 2007, 21:46
I've got mine pre-ordered. I just hope I actually get it in a reasonable amount of time.

I tried to cancel my order I made for my Cyclowiz. The moron distributor I ordered it from kept pushing the date back and back and back, and only reason I chose that instead of Wiikey was because I thought I would get it sooner. Now it seems more worth the wait to just get this, especially considering all the glitches and problems Cyclowiz is having (and the controversy over their "upgrade" feature).

brainpan
February 16th, 2007, 00:48
This probaly isn't the best place to ask but how do the modchips handle reading from an SD card? Does it read gamecube homewbrew from the SD slot on the Wii or do I still need to buy a gamecube SD adapter?