PDA

View Full Version : NDS Rom Trimmer v0.22

wraggster
February 15th, 2007, 18:29
Ratx (http://blog.dev-scene.com/ratx/) has released a new version of his rom trimmer:

Heres a new version of the trim.exe which outputs the file as blah.trim.nds. No other changes made, windows and linux versions included. If you find an image that this prog over trims please contact me.

Changes:

v0.1 inital version

v0.2 reworked to be faster and hopefully more accurate

v0.22 fixed output filename to be blah.trim.nds

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

toymin80r
February 15th, 2007, 22:30
So what exactly does this do?

DanTheManMS
February 15th, 2007, 22:32
It trims commercial games to use less space, removing the filler data at the end of the file. For instance, if a game is 50 MB, it couldn't fit onto a 32 MB cart, so it used a 64 MB cart, filling the rest of the cart with blank data. A trimmer cuts out the blank data so you save 16 MB.

It's useless for homebrew, so I'm surprised it was posted here. Then again, it's just news, so whatever.

Sigma83
February 16th, 2007, 02:46
What a great idea, save lots of megs. Thank you.

ShinMike
February 17th, 2007, 10:25
how does it works, i try to open the .exe file and it opens a msdos windows and close itself I tried dropping a .nds file and does the same thing...

LazerTag
February 17th, 2007, 16:11
It is drag and drop your NDS files on the EXE.

However this program can't apparently handle the long file naming convention. I had to rename most of my images short names to get htem to work. This is a pretty big issue imo.

Otherwise though the program does work well.

canvasch
February 17th, 2007, 21:05
ds lazy has a perfect trimmer, and it does other things like unpack and pack roms and test for crashme

DanTheManMS
February 18th, 2007, 03:53
canvasch, this is the exact trimmer app included with DSLazy. However, I find that it doesn't work too well. Trying to trim the same thing fails in this version, while 0.2 worked fine.

I would suggest using 0.2 really.