PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm Losing Interest In Games

mesosade
February 15th, 2007, 22:16
I was thinking to myself the other day on a bus this very BIG question. why do we play video games? do we play them to escape reality? to get rid of emotions. or just for fun? with more and more games just dependant on violence and shooting it's hard to play games that don't remind me of how crap this world is becomng. Games are all to becoming for familiar with the whole gangster theme. people selling out such games such as the majorly poular GTA which many people deemed evil or whatever whereas some just said it was simply a way of doing things you couldn't do. which can be seen an opposite more extreme way by people who 'apparently' according to some lawyers became so deluded by the fact that life is a game commited a crime which was in way like the game they played.

with the evr increasing rality of games will this sort of issue worsen with games becoming more like reality to a point where people would reckon pulling off something they did in a game would be just as easy in real life i.e robbing a store. As for me i play games that keep me entertained and engross me like a film like MGS yeeees it's a game with guns it's a game withshooting. but the plot is awesome and the game owned overall. ut games were once played to be a challenge not to give you the oppurtunity to rape some woman n a sidewalk whilst knuckle-dusting a cop. Games were made to make you become addicted in a good way wanting to beat that high score or get to that ending. Role models are rather important too a good game must have a good lead character it's a character you would think is just too ccol to be real. take for example (yes mgs again) solid snake for some reason you couldn't hate him it's impossible. whereas CJ from GTA i hate him but he appeals to people in terms of his language and violence that make hims seem cool. Whereas snake too me was a hero. and CJ to me was some guy who shot guys and laid women to seem, cool in games.
i've grown up with games and i see more and more games go into thier 8'th sequel and whatever i can;t stand bad sequels they are a waste of time money of both the customer and company. yes people will buy them but it's nothing new the wii in question has remote sensors for smazing innovative games. BUT they just port games over using the wii remote minorly and if not bad anyway. the wii has a prmsing future whereas in terms of actual good games i would want to play compared to ps3 which is just stuffed with loads of shoot em ups and same old sequels.

YES i am mentioning mgs again but that's because it actually is like abook you want to find out what happens next you want to witness the ending you want to be involved in it whereas most sequels will merely be a complete redo of the same plot no aftermath just same old same old. not many game sequels carry on where the previous prequel left off. this pattern is becoming far to familiar with games like tekken. i loved tekken 2 tekken 3 was quite awesome due to leap in lengthitivity and gaphics and then..well they just kept doing the same thing over and over again.

The moral of the story is i play games with meaning, purpouse. and and keep going to an actual end. not just remakes not just another shoot em up it has to be of a different genre something completely different and these types of games are beginning to diminsh and so is my interest in games. ONE day the world is going to be ruled by EA that is the day when i will stop playing video games. which might be quite soon actually :P

This has been a random message by mesosade

if you actually read this feel free to comment on how badly written on this and question my sanity...honestly i don't mind

once again :thanks: for reading.

p.s feel free to rep me....(i want that "ramblin kid" custom title badly :P)

Shrygue
February 15th, 2007, 22:23
This was good to read.

mesosade
February 15th, 2007, 22:26
thanks i was hoping it was good

JKKDARK
February 15th, 2007, 22:32
Since there are not games where you sell drugs in the street in night, I don't think it's similar to real life for me.

joshisposer
February 15th, 2007, 23:04
YOu could fix your grammar for a bit easier reading, but other than that, it's pretty good. Just don't turn into a Jack Thompson Jr. and say every FPS is bad and stuff like that. I like the whole story topic and stuff. I do play games to have fun, not always to beat them. I'm not big into GTA mainly because GTA2 was the best imo and that one is 2D. I like you ramblin and it could get you somewhere........maybe

JKKDARK
February 15th, 2007, 23:11
GTA 2 was 3D on PC and Dreamcast versions..

SSaxdude
February 15th, 2007, 23:22
I like video games because they are entertaining. If you are bored with them, take a break until the next big game comes out.

joshisposer
February 15th, 2007, 23:28
GTA2 was not 3D. It was top view. I mean, it had some 3D sort of look to it; it was still a 2d game though.

mesosade
February 16th, 2007, 16:30
either way GTA didn't really and never will appeal to me...the only thing really appealing to me is MGS4. Heck it might be the last game i'll play :(

gdf
February 16th, 2007, 21:15
just go back to the NES and Atari 2600 lol! you're right about those *******s EA, money making sequel factory if you ask me.

mesosade
February 17th, 2007, 14:55
Agreedy indeedy