PDA

View Full Version : What's the meaning of life?

mesosade
February 16th, 2007, 08:03
what is the purpouse? where are we all going? if you guess correct you can have some free bread.

BUT seriously what do you think?

splodger15
February 16th, 2007, 13:42
I think maybe enjoy it while you can

steve-b
February 16th, 2007, 13:47
The function of life is survival

mcvader
February 16th, 2007, 13:50
reproduction

JKKDARK
February 16th, 2007, 14:12
Sex, alcohol, drugs, night, long hair, spandex..

that's

Vendeta
February 16th, 2007, 14:15
There is no meaning you just live... BTW splodger sig is to big... Look at the rules to see how big you can have it...

mesosade
February 16th, 2007, 19:08
the meaning of life is shouting at anyone who refuses to use thiers responsibly... like spammers rawr

Shadowblind
February 16th, 2007, 19:25
Read a bible.

Accordion
February 16th, 2007, 19:36
to listen to Boards of Canada...probably not the actual meaning...but its as good as any other.!!!

although this is powerful:
- the realisation that the only true and content ending would be suicide..and continuing to live regardless-

gdf
February 16th, 2007, 21:27
to kill every other mofo that gets in your freakin way gar!!!

mesosade
February 17th, 2007, 15:00
to kill every other mofo that gets in your freakin way gar!!!

in the way of what exactly? :rolleyes:

SSaxdude
February 17th, 2007, 15:45
Life is 24/7 party time

Yobumtin
February 17th, 2007, 15:45
To become a guitar god.

acn010
February 17th, 2007, 15:53
welcome to tijuana, tequila sex and marijuana!!!!!
lol, survive, reproduce and die.........

mesosade
February 17th, 2007, 15:57
we have a winner!

Yobumtin
February 17th, 2007, 16:01
:[ That was my second guess. >_>

joshisposer
February 17th, 2007, 23:04
Reproduce. It's something that you think about your whole life. I mean, as a kid, you don't want it. As a teen, you just want to do it for no reason other than everyone else is (except for the 1% that actually love each other) and then as adults, you love someone and maybe you want kids. Isn't that what life is all about surviving. To survive, you must adapt and be able to reproduce. Animals all live on that. We are animals. Therefore, life is about surviving but being able to enjoy it with lots of helpful mistakes.

devdj
February 18th, 2007, 00:36
The meaning of life is to experience the good things and bad things in life and to annihilate, obliterate and destroy every gay, homosexual, pedophile, rapist, murderer and abusers in the universe. As i will be the annihilator of those whose do wrong as they are nothing more then mere parasites that suck the life out of existence.

JKKDARK
February 18th, 2007, 01:36
The meaning of life is to experience the good things and bad things in life and to annihilate, obliterate and destroy every gay, homosexual, pedophile, rapist, murderer and abusers in the universe. As i will be the annihilator of those whose do wrong as they are nothing more then mere parasites that suck the life out of existence.

I agree :)

Yobumtin
February 21st, 2007, 21:37
I don't. Homosexuality is a life style not a crime.I don't care if people think I'm homosexual after defending them. I'm actually straight with some friends who are gay. And this is the one opinion by someone that gets me pissed. They are people too that live on this planet. They're not evil and they're not wrong.

acn010
February 21st, 2007, 21:39
i eat, sleep and poop, thats the meaning of life....

gdf
February 21st, 2007, 21:48
you know, life is sort of pointless, if all we do is reproduce. there's no point to anything really. maybe it's to achieve enlightenment, suicide might be the answer gar! (runs to cliffs emphatically)

Vampbri-n
May 26th, 2007, 20:31
if there was meaning to it we would all do it ithink it would be boring if we all did the same thing

The King
May 26th, 2007, 20:36
life is a never ending river that starts at one point and ends at another.

SSaxdude
May 26th, 2007, 20:54
Read a bible.

How about something with rational thinking?

Gold Line
May 26th, 2007, 20:57
you live to play video games then have sex then play some more video games :D

ICE
May 26th, 2007, 21:23

why do you feel the need to say rude things about the bible? did he provoke you in any way? calling the bible irrational is an insult and i am insulted.

if you read the bible and saw irrational teachings then you probably mis-interpreted it. the bible lines up with science quite well if you take things as they were. all you gotta do is understand the way EVERYONE wrote back then and its no longer irrational and things like the creation story line up perfectly with things like evolution.

i ask you to please stop attacking the bible without the use of at least facts.

ExcruciationX
May 26th, 2007, 21:47
why do you feel the need to say rude things about the bible? did he provoke you in any way? calling the bible irrational is an insult and i am insulted.

if you read the bible and saw irrational teachings then you probably mis-interpreted it. the bible lines up with science quite well if you take things as they were. all you gotta do is understand the way EVERYONE wrote back then and its no longer irrational and things like the creation story line up perfectly with things like evolution.

Not this again!

I say ban all religious threads from being posted. All it does is create thick lines, lines that nobody crosses to talk to the other.

Accordion
May 27th, 2007, 00:10

rational thinking would not result in this...

SnesR0X
May 27th, 2007, 00:24
the bible is too old, therefore possibly altered, for me to belive

Anonymous D
May 27th, 2007, 00:25
the meaning of life is 42. had to be said. now what in hell that means is a different story....

NoQuarter
May 27th, 2007, 00:35
Dammit you beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh well, maybe the meaning of life is life itself and the journey it takes.
Or the journey to everlasting life or immortality, isn't that the way we're going with everything,religion and science :P

Anonymous D
May 27th, 2007, 00:38
well i wont go into the whole thing but in an infinite universe this wont matter a jot. but its a good distraction from actcally going to sleep at a good time lol

NoQuarter
May 27th, 2007, 01:02
lol,amen to that :)
Really isn't it all about survival,like some othe posters have suggested?I would agree with them.

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 01:49
Not this again!

I say ban all religious threads from being posted. All it does is create thick lines, lines that nobody crosses to talk to the other.

i apologize for DEFENDING MY BELIEFS.

if your too immature to read about religion and not go crazy and not talk to people who disagree maybe you shouldnt be at the computer... theres a lot of stuff on there that people with that maturity level shouldnt see ;)

bottom line he brought it up. im not going to lay down and let my beliefs be insulted.

and Accordion, i have no idea what you meant.

EDIT: i am sooooooo sick and tired of having my beliefs attacked and then being attacked again for defending them! why does everyone feel the need to flame my beliefs? if you disagree say it nicely and move on. dont insult me and it and then tell me to stop defending myself.

i wont lay down and take it. STOP BEING BIGOTS.

Cloudhunter
May 27th, 2007, 02:00
the meaning of life is 42. had to be said. now what in hell that means is a different story....

Amen to that ;)

Personally, I don't care if life has a meaning or not. I just live it and I don't care if or when the world will end.

If it ends, it ends. I'm afraid of dying, but not if it's unavoidable due to the world ending.

EDIT: i am sooooooo sick and tired of having my beliefs attacked and then being attacked again for defending them! why does everyone feel the need to flame my beliefs? if you disagree say it nicely and move on. dont insult me and it and then tell me to stop defending myself.

If they are attacking you, they aren't worth defending against.

Just turn the other cheek, as it were.

Cloudy

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 02:04
If they are attacking you, they aren't worth defending against.

Just turn the other cheek, as it were.

Cloudy

im not attacking back. im just asking them to stop attacking me in the first place. they spread slander, i correct them and ask them to stop. they spread more slander. thats how it works and im mad about it.

should i just let them spread slander?

Cloudhunter
May 27th, 2007, 02:28
im not attacking back. im just asking them to stop attacking me in the first place. they spread slander, i correct them and ask them to stop. they spread more slander. thats how it works and im mad about it.

should i just let them spread slander?

I wouldn't say let them, but sometimes they just aren't worth argueing against, as they are too arrogant and immature to listen to reason.

Cloudy

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 02:37
I wouldn't say let them, but sometimes they just aren't worth argueing against, as they are too arrogant and immature to listen to reason.

Cloudy

yeah your right... well this thread can get back on track now ;)

sorry lol

steve520
May 27th, 2007, 02:54
I agree with survival

BoneyCork
May 27th, 2007, 03:54
I don't believe there is one and I don't see why there has to be one.

ExcruciationX
May 27th, 2007, 05:10
i apologize for DEFENDING MY BELIEFS.

if your too immature to read about religion and not go crazy and not talk to people who disagree maybe you shouldnt be at the computer... theres a lot of stuff on there that people with that maturity level shouldnt see ;)

bottom line he brought it up. im not going to lay down and let my beliefs be insulted.

and Accordion, i have no idea what you meant.

i wont lay down and take it. STOP BEING BIGOTS.
WHOA, slow down there, bud!

Re-read my post.

I didn't insult yah. I don't give a hoo-ha-bidda-chang-clang-bang-bang about what you believe. I was talking about the threads themselves. These are what causes people to get mad, scream and shout.

We're all people, raised different, have different beliefs, live in different parts of the world (even different solar systems in my case). We should all be able to talk to each other at the same level. Religion shouldn't get in the way of that.

It looks to me like you're the one that's being immature to me for jumping to conclusions too quickly (or you're just "attacked" a lot). :p

And, I know the Bible inside out. I went to a Catholic school for seven years. We were required to read whole books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, etc) and write a complete summary of what it said.

Truce (again)?

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 05:16
WHOA, slow down there ,bud!

Re-read my post.

I didn't insult yah. I don't give a hoo-ha-bidda-chang-clang-bang-bang about what you believe. I was talking about the threads themselves. These are what causes people to get mad, scream and shout.

We're all people, raised different, have different beliefs, live in different parts of the world (even different solar systems in my case). We should all be able to talk to each other at the same level. Religion shouldn't get in the way of that.

It looks to me like you're the one that's being immature to me for jumping to conclusions too quickly (or you're just "attacked" a lot). :p

Lets all play nice 'round here.

whoa bud calm down now..

i wasnt talking about just you. dont be so conceded ;) i just used your post as an example. its not always about you ya know :p

ExcruciationX
May 27th, 2007, 05:24
whoa bud calm down now..

i wasnt talking about just you. dont be so conceded ;) i just used your post as an example. its not always about you ya know :p
Why would I be mad?

It's stupid to get mad at someone behind a computer monitor that you don't even know.

I hate people that take two glances at the Bible and think they know everything about it. Form an opinion from a bunch of fact.

Although, I've rejected it, I've studied it extensively and I saw loose ends in it (my opinion). I do believe in a God, but not the one that you believe in, and if it exists, the Bible isn't his unaltered word.

Shadowblind
May 27th, 2007, 05:26

Im sorry, but the bible is the reason that I have meaning in my life. That fact isn't going to change now, or ever. Why do you think we were created?

Excruition-- Don't reject the bible. Most likely its the religion that you were researching.

P.S. The King James bible has been twisted in so many ways, its not even funny. Where on earth in the bible does it say Hell is real?

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 05:30
Why would I be mad?

It's stupid to get mad at someone behind a computer monitor that you don't even know.

I hate people that take two glances at the Bible and think they know everything about it. Form an opinion from a bunch of fact.

Although, I've rejected it, I've studied it extensively and I saw loose ends in it (my opinion). I do believe in a God, but not the one that you believe in, and if it exists, the Bible isn't his unaltered word.

alrighty i thought the smilies would convey that i was joking around but...

and duh @ the bold.

ExcruciationX
May 27th, 2007, 05:37
Excruition-- Don't reject the bible. Most likely its the religion that you were researching.
Why not? People are dumb for not questioning things (not any of you people). Almost everyone I know follows something like zombies, dazed and mush-brained.

People at my old school said not to read King James. It did change stuff that they didn't agree with, and passed it off as God's word.

I have studied both, and came to my conclusion. I'll change to Christianity when you go to Non-Religiousness.

alrighty i thought the smilies would convey that i was joking around but...

and duh @ the bold.
I caught your drift, but I thought I should answer anyway. :p

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 05:39
Why not? People are dumb for not questioning things (not any of you people). Almost everyone I know follows something like zombies, dazed and mush-brained.

People at my old school said not to read King James. It did change stuff that they didn't agree with, and passed it off as God's word.

I have studied both, and came to my conclusion. I'll change to Christianity when you go to Non-Religiousness.

dont be a hypocrite. you JUST said you hate threads like this.

PM HIM.

ExcruciationX
May 27th, 2007, 05:47
dont be a hypocrite. you JUST said you hate threads like this.

PM HIM.
I do, but I'm bored. :p

I'm leaving to do something more constructive.

F9zDark
May 27th, 2007, 06:06
Life as all other non-sentient beings view it is to simply survive and reproduce.

Being sentient lifeforms we append other reasons or meanings to what the purpose of life is, when there really is nothing else to is.

Survival and reproduction are just about it.

Shadowblind
May 27th, 2007, 06:08

People are dumb not for questioning things? Let me put it this way: I read the bible because I questioned my existance. That same thing goes for half of the people who have. So not question what, might I ask?

You have studied both? Both what?

SnesR0X
May 27th, 2007, 06:21
My guess he means what reasons to believe in the bible/God and what reasons not to

Cap'n 1time
May 27th, 2007, 06:28
I dont know what the meaning of life is, or even if there is a meaning of life.. I just know I want to be remembered for something... That is why im trying to set the world record for most Pizza Bagels ever eat'n this summer. I'll be in the history books and everything right up there with the Greats like Abraham Lincoln, Gandi, and Lance Bass (who will be remembered as the gayest guy that ever lived.... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!)

SnesR0X
May 27th, 2007, 06:44
who is Lance Bass

The King
May 27th, 2007, 07:00
yea who is that

ExcruciationX
May 27th, 2007, 08:53
It's a singer from N*Sync.

Gold Line
May 27th, 2007, 10:20
N*Sync.

N*Sync whats that, a band in the 80's :confused:

Cap'n 1time
May 27th, 2007, 16:58
N*Sync whats that, a band in the 80's :confused:

90's. They were a mirror image of the Back Street Boys.

This lance bass guy was all over the news because he came out of the closet a few months ago.. the problem is that we all had our suspicions since day one.

SnesR0X
May 27th, 2007, 20:49
lol, wasn't he the guy who wanted to go to the moon?

kcajblue
May 27th, 2007, 20:59
yeah.
and i think someone said only gay guys want to go to the moon.

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 21:06
im fairly sure he wasnt the gay one.

kcajblue
May 27th, 2007, 21:14
who, lance?
im pretty sure everyone knows he is gay.

SnesR0X
May 27th, 2007, 21:15
dude that'd be sweet to go to the moon

kcajblue
May 27th, 2007, 21:32
too bad you cant go to the moon.
cause the landing was faked!

SnesR0X
May 27th, 2007, 21:45
you honestly think we have NEVER been to the moon?
I don't care about the first landing

kcajblue
May 27th, 2007, 21:51
i dont really care about going on the moon.

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 22:08
who, lance?
im pretty sure everyone knows he is gay.

oh no wait im wrong. he was the gay one..

man kcajblue you really know your homo's ;)

kcajblue
May 27th, 2007, 22:17
lmao.
i only know cause of what capn said.
he was on the news for coming out of the closet.

ICE
May 27th, 2007, 22:21
sure.. we all know your on top of all the gay news *insert joke* :cool:

potatoman
May 27th, 2007, 22:35
questions like that are the opposite of the meaning of life.
my theory is that god was bored one day and decided to create the universe.
like a giant version of the sims! :thumbup:

IndianCheese
May 29th, 2007, 04:07
I think life was created so we aren't all spoiled when we go to Heaven; in other words, God puts us through hell (no pun intended) so we can enjoy Heaven all that more.

irondirgible
May 29th, 2007, 04:25
To beat Ikaruga. Level 3 of Ikaruga. In that one part when the ships are coming at you from both directions in a small corridor. I hate that part.

Maybe something do with the Bible.

Or world peace and human community.

Or the Hot Wings Challenge.

Let's ask Lao Tzu, he'll know.

VampDude
May 29th, 2007, 05:04
what is the purpouse? where are we all going? if you guess correct you can have some free bread.

BUT seriously what do you think?

To die

Hell!

ICE
May 29th, 2007, 05:06
To die

Hell!

your a "glass half full" kinda guy arent you?

VampDude
May 29th, 2007, 05:23

Maybe? I think my glass is now empty thou!

ExcruciationX
May 29th, 2007, 07:04
I'm a glass half-empty guy.

SnesR0X
May 29th, 2007, 07:07
I'm a "Oh crap I already drank it" guy

VampDude
May 29th, 2007, 18:09
I'm a "Oh crap I already drank it" guy

lol, and do you know what you drank exactly?

Gold Line
May 29th, 2007, 18:15
lol, and do you know what you drank exactly?

i drink fanta its nice :D

potatoman
May 29th, 2007, 18:56

lol. thats the meaning of the answer of life. the meaning of the question is the actual meaning and in the hitch hikes guide that was never discovered. lol im a fan :D im on book 2 near the end :thumbup:

F9zDark
May 29th, 2007, 22:55
too bad you cant go to the moon.
cause the landing was faked!

Haha I love hearing things like this. Honestly, if we never sent humans to the moon, how and why would our space program be as advanced as it is? Cause you know, technology generally requires being USED before it can be ADVANCED...

VampDude
May 29th, 2007, 23:52
i drink fanta its nice :D

The only Fanta I like is the pinky/orangy coloured fruity one (Tropical I think), cause one time I puked after drinking 3 2ltr bottles (over 2 days) and instead've having a horrible taste I tasted Fanta...

...I think I swallowed it cause I liked it! lol :p

samthegreat68
May 30th, 2007, 06:31
life is about not thining about what the meaning of life is

GanonsMaster
May 30th, 2007, 21:30
There is no one solid meaning. It's different for everyone. Life is what you make it.

SnesR0X
May 30th, 2007, 21:51
There is no one solid meaning. It's different for everyone. Life is what you make it.

unless of course that's completely wrong

pt9087
May 30th, 2007, 22:11
Lots of PSPs

wolfpack
May 31st, 2007, 00:03
the answer is 42