PDA

View Full Version : More Chanka news :)

joshwaan2k4
May 28th, 2004, 02:48
Translated from http://www.dreamparty.gratishost.com/

From EMULATRONIA.COM: CHANKA NEWS: This emulator of Dreamcast for Windows will leave Saturday day 29 of May. During this week the compatibility has been increased considerably and now games like Marvel versus Capcom 2 work, Daytona the USA, Crazy Taxi, Capcom versus SNK, Grandia 2... and very many more. Also the VMU have been emulated and support of joystick has been added.

quzar
May 28th, 2004, 03:28
will leave should be will be released.

Christuserloeser
May 28th, 2004, 05:35
great news! just saw the video runnin coaster works on a p2000!

joshwaan2k4
May 28th, 2004, 05:53
yeah it's good stuff that they got thigns working so well, in such short time :)

also I'm plzed they have got the VMU emulated and have joystick support :)

MetaFox
May 28th, 2004, 05:58
If this can run my homebrew concauctions I will be quite happy. No more DCLoad-IP or wasted CD-Rs w00t! :)

It will make developing 1000 times easier. ;D

joshwaan2k4
May 28th, 2004, 07:20
well if it runs the commercial games np, then Homebrew should be a walk in the park :)

blackpuma
May 28th, 2004, 07:56
well, we were waiting news from icarus so long time and chanka did it before we realized it..!! great news :D

joshwaan2k4
May 28th, 2004, 12:59
yeahI was really loooking forward to that a while back and lost the excitment cause of the lack of updates.

but I really hope Icarus get's released, 2 heads are better then 1 :)

curt_grymala
May 28th, 2004, 14:26
If this can run my homebrew concauctions I will be quite happy. No more DCLoad-IP or wasted CD-Rs w00t! :)

It will make developing 1000 times easier. ;D

That's basically what I was thinking, too, but something dawned on me - every bug that still exists in Chanka is going to effect the way it runs your homebrew, so a lot of times your homebrew may be working just fine, but Chanka won't run it correctly. Just a thought, for whatever that's worth.

ron
May 28th, 2004, 14:42
Greetings !
Less than 24 hour for Chankast aparition.
Two more things, IKARUGA and REZ2, now works fine and MMU has been implemented.
Good Look to all with the Chankast.
More info at MadriDC
Cheers

joshwaan2k4
May 28th, 2004, 16:40
hi ron yeah I just seen that, sounds cool :)

also what is MMU btw is it really hard to emulate or something?

joshwaan2k4
May 28th, 2004, 16:43
Oh I forgot to ask with that MMU thing what other games use it besides them two?

BlackAura
May 28th, 2004, 17:44
The MMU is part of the SH-4. Most modern CPUs have one. It allows a program (usually an operating system) to remap parts of memory, so the physical memory layout is not the same as the memory layout a program sees, and the memory layout a program sees may not even exist. The OS can swap things around in physical memory, or even remove them and store them on a disc, but the program will still be able to access it. It can also enforce access permissions, so a program can't screw up other programs or the operating system, and can't directly access the hardware.

Basically, it's the thing that makes modern operating systems possible. It's not really so useful for games, because you're just running one program at a time, and you want direct access to the hardware.

joshwaan2k4
May 29th, 2004, 13:47
still no emu release it's 29th I know I'm impatience but really want to test it :)

M@jk
May 29th, 2004, 15:02
The emu is released...
hmmm i try download,but the header is corrupted :/

wraggster
May 29th, 2004, 15:04
sorry first zip played up, ive uploaded again :(

fixed now