PDA

View Full Version : Riviera: The Promised Land makes it way to the US

wraggster
February 16th, 2007, 16:37
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/16/riviera-the-promised-land-makes-it-way-to-the-us/)

Like Disgaea, Riviera is a 2D sprite-based RPG that hardcore gamers seem to be entranced by. However, unlike NIS's darling, Riviera is actually finding a US release. It'll arrive in June, featuring new event scenes, a CD-quality soundtrack and a dual-language track for voice acting (wow!). That's something the GBA version never could've handled. Heck, even the DS wouldn't be able to do that.

sroon
February 16th, 2007, 17:41
IM wondering if this game is worth it???
its for gba and just use the gba emu lol.....
( O ) ( O )

Nookadum
February 16th, 2007, 17:54
featuring new event scenes, a CD-quality soundtrack and a dual-language track for voice acting (wow!)

Just those features are worth it alone.

Veskgar
February 16th, 2007, 19:12
While I'd like to see more new & exclusive RPG's for the PSP, I don't really mind these sort of remakes/updates. For people who have never played the originals, its almost like a new game. This should be a pretty good one!

Basil Zero
February 16th, 2007, 20:10
now this is the kind of rpgs that needs to come out, like Tales of Eternia, remade from its PSX ver.

Deathnix
February 17th, 2007, 01:39
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/16/riviera-the-promised-land-makes-it-way-to-the-us/)

Like Disgaea, Riviera is a 2D sprite-based RPG that hardcore gamers seem to be entranced by. However, unlike NIS's darling, Riviera is actually finding a US release. It'll arrive in June, featuring new event scenes, a CD-quality soundtrack and a dual-language track for voice acting (wow!). That's something the GBA version never could've handled. Heck, even the DS wouldn't be able to do that.

The DS am sure could easily handle a 2d sprite game with some voice acting, considering games like this already exist on it.

Khorney
February 17th, 2007, 10:56
i doubt a DS cart could hold cd tracks and enough voice acting for an entire rpg game of any siginficant quality, so i'd imagine they would either want to go the full way, or leave it unvoiced rather than having some rusty sounded encoded voices. didn't hurt zelda that much though, did it?

Xiro
February 17th, 2007, 14:59
Yeah the biggest DS cart i believe is 32 MB, there is no way it could fit a cd-quality MP3. Thats why games like final fantasy 3 have the really bad music